HAHAHA. Blacks and hispanics whine HS admission tests are too tough

If people of ANY COLOR have the desire and aptitude they can find ways (study groups, tutoring, courses, etc.) to ace and pass that entrance exam. .

If by aptitude you mean intelligence, then i suppose that's true. But if it's just a case of some kid wanting it a lot, then no. Unfortunately most blacks can never get into one of these elite schools on merit.
Supposition. :link:

You can't provide a legitimate link, because there is none. There is more genetic variation, on aggregate, for intelligence within the different racial groupings than there is between them, this is a scientific fact. If you mean they can't get into them based on how much expectations have been placed onto them by society and their peers? Yes, indeed, you are probably right. If by meaning "they can't" because they don't have it in them, by way of intelligence? You have been proved wrong.

You should watch the movie Stand and Deliver, because obviously your education has suffered, and the only thing you are adept at, is watching TV and entertainment. Certainly your proficiency lay not in reading, thinking and reasoning ability.

Stand and Deliver is based on the life of one man and some truly remarkable students. And of course, also it deals with the inherent racism built into the system by outmoded dogmatic thinking such as yours which they encountered while trying to break into elite education.

Jaime Escalante
Jaime Escalante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1982, Escalante came into the national spotlight when 18 of his students passed the challenging Advanced Placement Calculus exam. The Educational Testing Service found these scores to be suspicious, because all of the students made exactly the same math error on problem #6, and also used the same unusual variable names. 14 of those who passed were asked to take the exam again. 12 of the 14 agreed to retake the test and all 12 did well enough to have their scores reinstated. In 1983, the number of students enrolling and passing the A.P. calculus test more than doubled. That year 33 students took the exam and 30 passed. That year Escalante also started teaching calculus at East Los Angeles College.[citation needed] By 1987, 73 students passed the A.P. calculus AB exam and another 12 passed the BC version of the test. This was the peak for the calculus program. The same year Gradillas went on sabbatical to finish his doctorate with hopes that he could be reinstated as principal at Garfield or a similar school with similar programs upon his return.[citation needed]

1988 saw the release of a book Escalante: The Best Teacher in America by Jay Mathews and a movie Stand and Deliver detailing the events of 1982. During this time teachers and other interested observers asked to sit in on his classes. He shared with them: "The key to my success with youngsters is a very simple and time-honored tradition: hard work for teacher and student alike". Escalante received visits from political leaders and celebrities, including then-President Ronald Reagan and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.[3]

Escalante has described the film as "90% truth, 10% drama." He stated that several points were left out of the film:

It took him several years to achieve the kind of success shown in the film.
In no case was a student who didn't know multiplication tables or fractions taught calculus in a single year.
Escalante suffered inflammation of the gall bladder, not a heart attack.

Over the next few years Escalante's calculus program continued to grow but not without its own price. Tensions that surfaced when his career began at Garfield escalated. In his final years at Garfield, Escalante received threats and hate mail from various individuals.[4] By 1990, he had lost the math department chairmanship. At this point Escalante's math enrichment program had grown to 400+ students. His class sizes had increased to over 50 students in some cases. This was far beyond the 35 student limit set by the teachers' union, which in turn increased criticism of Escalante's work. In 1991, the number of Garfield students taking advanced placement examinations in math and other subjects jumped to 570. That same year, citing faculty politics and petty jealousies,[citation needed] Escalante and Jiménez left Garfield. Escalante found new employment at Hiram W. Johnson High School in Sacramento, California. At the height of Escalante's influence, Garfield graduates were entering the University of Southern California in such great numbers that they outnumbered all the other high schools in the working-class East Los Angeles region combined.[5] Even students who failed the AP went on to become star students at California State-Los Angeles in large numbers.[4]

Angelo Villavicencio took the reins of the program after their departure and taught the remaining 107 A.P. students in two classes for the next year. 67 of Villavicencio's students went on to take the A.P. exam and 47 passed. Villavicencio's request for a third class due to class size was denied and the following spring he followed Escalante and quit Garfield. The math program's decline at Garfield became apparent following the departure of Escalante and other teachers associated with its inception and development. In just a few years, the number of A.P. calculus students at Garfield who passed their exams dropped by more than 80 percent. In 1996, Villavicencio contacted Garfield's new principal, Tony Garcia, and offered to come back to help revive the dying calculus program. His offer was rejected.[4]

It's the system that stinks, the schools, the culture, not the minds of the young.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtjlUfqJNg]Montage Stand and Deliver Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Stand and Deliver-Ganas - YouTube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKqT57N9Y3Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKqT57N9Y3Y[/ame]​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1S_MptIR44&feature=related]Stand and Deliver Best Part - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
After he retired from teaching he took command of the Battlestar Gallactica.

After he retired from teaching he took command of the Battlestar Gallactica.

Escalante is buried at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier in an unmarked grave.
:dunno:

Let me guess. . . this has something to do with the actor, Edward James Olmos, that played him in the movie? It's a funny? :confused:

As I've said already, this is the high school that I went to. This isn't the first time that this lawsuit has come up, and it'll be ruled the same way as the others have been. The NAACP will lose their lawsuit.

Admission to Stuyvesant has always been based solely on the test. That's not going to change anytime soon. The City of NY even passed a law to that effect the last time this lawsuit came up.

If people of ANY COLOR have the desire and aptitude they can find ways (study groups, tutoring, courses, etc.) to ace and pass that entrance exam. I;m glad that NYC is staying strong on that matter. My cousin went to Aviation he was from a tough neighborhood in South Queens (South Jamaica)......................................

I completely disagree.

some students will not have the aptitude no matter how hard they try.

Of course, I have no idea of the level of the entrance exam.

someone with an IQ of 80 might not pass.

These debates are useless, people see what they want to see or what fits their world view. But for people who have lived in the world of business and work it takes all kinds and all kinds come in all kinds. As soon as you stereotype an exception appears. Having managed people for many years, nothing fits. I have read that IQs are increasing, my wife, a teacher may disagree ;) but that again is culture and motivation.

African American Scientists & Inventors — Infoplease.com

Human Intelligence: The Flynn Effect

Black Inventors A-Z

"...[T]he most important identity we can acknowledge in another person is the identity of being an intelligent reflective human being." Stefan Collini 'That's Offensive'
_

Jaime Escalante
Jaime Escalante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1982, Escalante came into the national spotlight when 18 of his students passed the challenging Advanced Placement Calculus exam. The Educational Testing Service found these scores to be suspicious, because all of the students made exactly the same math error on problem #6, and also used the same unusual variable names. 14 of those who passed were asked to take the exam again. 12 of the 14 agreed to retake the test and all 12 did well enough to have their scores reinstated. In 1983, the number of students enrolling and passing the A.P. calculus test more than doubled. That year 33 students took the exam and 30 passed. That year Escalante also started teaching calculus at East Los Angeles College.[citation needed] By 1987, 73 students passed the A.P. calculus AB exam and another 12 passed the BC version of the test. This was the peak for the calculus program. The same year Gradillas went on sabbatical to finish his doctorate with hopes that he could be reinstated as principal at Garfield or a similar school with similar programs upon his return.[citation needed]

That shows how laughably ignorant you are. Like so many dummies, you think calculus is the ultiimate in mathematics. HAHAHAHA. Calculus is where arithmetic ends and mathematics BEGINS!!! Anyone studying math or physics or engineering in college will learn calc their FRESHMAN year.

These debates are useless, people see what they want to see or what fits their world view. But for people who have lived in the world of business and work it takes all kinds and all kinds come in all kinds. As soon as you stereotype an exception appears.

HAHAHA. Once again you libulals are knocking down a straw man. Of course there are exceptions. NOBODY says all blacks are stupid. But on average blacks are dumber than whites and asians and all evidence agrees with that.

As I've said already, this is the high school that I went to. This isn't the first time that this lawsuit has come up, and it'll be ruled the same way as the others have been. The NAACP will lose their lawsuit.

Admission to Stuyvesant has always been based solely on the test. That's not going to change anytime soon. The City of NY even passed a law to that effect the last time this lawsuit came up.

If people of ANY COLOR have the desire and aptitude they can find ways (study groups, tutoring, courses, etc.) to ace and pass that entrance exam. I;m glad that NYC is staying strong on that matter. My cousin went to Aviation he was from a tough neighborhood in South Queens (South Jamaica)......................................

I completely disagree.

some students will not have the aptitude no matter how hard they try.

Of course, I have no idea of the level of the entrance exam.

someone with an IQ of 80 might not pass.

What are you specifically disagreeing with here:
"If people of ANY COLOR have the desire and aptitude they can find ways (study groups, tutoring, courses, etc.) to ace and pass that entrance exam."

These debates are useless, people see what they want to see or what fits their world view. But for people who have lived in the world of business and work it takes all kinds and all kinds come in all kinds. As soon as you stereotype an exception appears.

HAHAHA. Once again you libulals are knocking down a straw man. Of course there are exceptions. NOBODY says all blacks are stupid. But on average blacks are dumber than whites and asians and all evidence agrees with that.

I don't care if it's true or not true, I concentrate on the individual. I know smart people from many different ethnic backgrounds and I know plenty of dumb fucks from many different ethnic backgrounds. So someone can "brag" that their "race" on average is "smarter" than another "race", but if the person bragging is a dumb fuck, it doesn't change the fact that the person bragging is a DUMB FUCK. Why tout one's race instead of touting themselves and their achievements as INDIVIDUALS? :)

I don't care if it's true or not true, I concentrate on the individual. I know smart people from many different ethnic backgrounds and I know plenty of dumb fucks from many different ethnic backgrounds. So someone can "brag" that their "race" on average is "smarter" than another "race", but if the person bragging is a dumb fuck, it doesn't change the fact that the person bragging is a DUMB FUCK. Why tout one's race instead of touting themselves and their achievements as INDIVIDUALS? :)

That's what i say - judge people as individuals. And that means no more affirmative action. And yet all you liberals love affirmative action.

That's what i say - judge people as individuals.

As an individual, you are a worthless, cowardly, steaming pile of donkey shit.

That's what i say - judge people as individuals. And that means no more affirmative action. And yet all you liberals love affirmative action.

Because too many judge people entirely by race, gender, sexual identity, weight, "handicaps", and so on, not ability.

What the fuck does Affirmative Action have to do with intelligence you racist piece of shit?

That shows how laughably ignorant you are. Like so many dummies, you think calculus is the ultiimate in mathematics. HAHAHAHA. Calculus is where arithmetic ends and mathematics BEGINS!!! Anyone studying math or physics or engineering in college will learn calc their FRESHMAN year.

:confused: I don't remember even ever implying any such thing. How do you read that? What I was attempting to convey, that given the right environment, and the right encouragement, minority students can preform every bit as well as whites or asians. This was HIGH SCHOOL we were talking about, remember? Some how. . . I have a sneaking suspicion that your calculus skills aren't up to par, so I don't really know what is bugging you. You act like it is simple geometry or algebra. Your social skills, reasoning and logic skills, and writing skills leave much to be desired, so I am willing to bet that your math and science skills aren't really par for that course either. But it isn't about you or I. I was giving an empirical example to prove to you that you are wrong, and see there, you are wrong. High school Advance Placement courses are what are used to get into the finest schools in the country. You want to get into a top college? You take the AP tests. That is all I was driving at. And they did so.

How many AP tests did you take before you entered college? . . . . :eusa_shifty:

What the fuck does Affirmative Action have to do with intelligence you racist piece of shit?

this from the holier than thou Aristotle that claims to want a dialog about race

Forum List

Back