Hah! At 101, Gone with the Wind actress ain't playin' that!

Marion Morrison

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2017
Olivia de Havilland sues FX over unauthorized use of her identity in 'Feud: Bette and Joan'

Okay so the gist is, FX is taking liberties with what de Havilland has said and done, she caught wind of it and is not happy.

"De Havilland, who resides in France and turns 101 on Saturday, filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court against FX Networks, LLC and Ryan Murphy Productions "based on the unauthorized commercial use of Dame Olivia's name and identity in the FX hit series,"

They made some show portraying her without consulting her and were taking liberties.

This drew her ire. I think it's funny, they didn't realize not everybody's dead.

Olivia de Havilland sues FX over unauthorized use of her identity in 'Feud: Bette and Joan'

Gone With The Wind is suppose to be the best movie ever. I have never been able to sit trough it. Too long and slow.....boring.

Gone With The Wind is suppose to be the best movie ever. I have never been able to sit trough it. Too long and slow.....boring.

Scarlett O'Hara is one of the most complex female characters in literature. Even more amazing that a film from 1939 could bring out the depths of that character. Vivian Leigh is a tour de force in this film.

Scarlett O'Hara is one of the most complex female characters in literature. Even more amazing that a film from 1939 could bring out the depths of that character. Vivian Leigh is a tour de force in this film.
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!
Seriously, I am glad others enjoy the movie, but the complexities of SH is not my cup of tea. For me its a good movie for taking a nap.

She will obviously lose the case

Movies are made about famous people all the time. They do not need your permission

Scarlett was a predictable soap opera character

Melanie was more complex

Melanie was more complex
Interesting; to me it was more the opposite. Melanie was the cartoon figure--the perfect Christian southern woman to her last breath (literally). Scarlett, of course, has the same problem that ails our President: Narcissism. But like I've been saying, that doesn't stop you from being a functioning human being.

Melanie was more complex
Interesting; to me it was more the opposite. Melanie was the cartoon figure--the perfect Christian southern woman to her last breath (literally). Scarlett, of course, has the same problem that ails our President: Narcissism. But like I've been saying, that doesn't stop you from being a functioning human being.

Scarlett was strong and frail. Petulant and calculating. A feather head and a hard as nails business woman. She loved Rhett and her child with all her heart but was cruel to them both.

Even when faced with the loss of all that she loved, it only made her stronger.

Melanie was more complex

Scarlett was strong and frail. Petulant and calculating. A feather head and a hard as nails business woman. She loved Rhett and her child with all her heart but was cruel to them both.

Even when faced with the loss of all that she loved, it only made her stronger.
Yes she is a very strong woman; the "feather head" was an act, always. She "made it" in a man's world using the ammunition she had available--her womanly wiles and her very good brain. Her unwavering strength and determination has always made her my Hero. But she wasn't perfect by any means. The deep insecurity (what you call frail) underlies all narcissists.

I think in terms of cinematography and acting, it's pretty good. Probably lost on modern audiences who went out to see SIX Transformers movies.

The problem with it remains that it pushes a racist narrative that the "Old South" was somehow noble in the things it did in the period around the Civil War.

Forum List

Back