Hagel for Secretary of Defense...Yay or Nay?

Obama was re-elected. Unfortunately that can't be changed.
Having won he gets to choose his cabinet. I believe a president has the right to choose whomever he wishes, short of some tyrant or enemy of the USA.

I just wish people would change their party before they defect. Like Charlie Crist.

Who cares about party? They are both Anti-American and Anti-Life.

The real story is how can someone who is clearly Pro-American-Life be nominated by an administration that is Anti-American-Life?

This is the most bizarre politics I've ever seen.
I smell a set-up.

Perhaps your entire paradigm is wrong.

How so?
Please elaborate, I am genuinely interested.

What is it about Hagel?
This is the first time I've ever seen baby-haters willing to accept a Pro-American-Life nomination of any sort.
I admit, I just don't get it. I cannot help being suspicious.

Who cares about party? They are both Anti-American and Anti-Life.

The real story is how can someone who is clearly Pro-American-Life be nominated by an administration that is Anti-American-Life?

This is the most bizarre politics I've ever seen.
I smell a set-up.

How so?

What is it about Hagel?
This is the first time I've ever seen baby-haters willing to accept a Pro-American-Life nomination of any sort.

perhaps it has something to do with the secdef having nothing to do with abortion?

just a guess.

How so?

What is it about Hagel?

perhaps it has something to do with the secdef having nothing to do with abortion?

just a guess.

Hagel has been consistently Pro-Life & Pro-American.

When have the baby-haters ever let a nomination of a Pro-American-Life happen, more so actually nominated a person who is Pro-American-Life?
Completely unprecedented.

Surely you understand the suspicions?

Then again Hagel was all for the "patriot" act...
Maybe baby-haters primary objective is now simply totalitarianism?
Even if this is so it is still appears to be a fundamental ideological quake.

Last edited:
Chuck-Hagel2.jpg

YAY! He acts and looks like Charles Bronson. Give em hell, Chuck!

I posted this on another thread about Hagel ...I am posting it again ...this is why I don't like the man.

This Hagel is a non-entity, without any Administrative experience!

He favors appeasement. with Iran...and talks with terrorists organizations like Hamas and Hezbollah!

His remarks about the "intimidatory Jewish Lobby" have a stain of antisemitism about them and don't bode well for relations with Israel!

Hagel's inflammatory views on Israel are more than likely the reason Dictator Obama pick him.

Want me to continue? why he is not a good choice?

100% Yay........ :thup:

Now Iran can get the nuclear bomb with no more problems from US

yay indeed :rolleyes:

Stupid Obama the most anti-american President on record! :mad: What a disgrace!

Obama is the most anti-American president ever. Granted he has contention with the Bush's, Johnson, and Roosevelt for that title.

That said, don't you find it odd how this Pro-American nomination has taken place?

Obama is the most anti-American president ever. Granted he has contention with the Bush's, Johnson, and Roosevelt for that title.

That said, don't you find it odd how this Pro-American nomination has taken place?

Who's the pro american you talking about? Hagel?

Your fixation on the abortion aspect of Hagel's stance on the issue has nothing to do with his qualifications as Secretary of Defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

To the zionutters dismay Hagel puts America's interests before Israel.
He even appears to recognize the dangers of a foreign nation having such a deep infestation. Despite his totalitarian leanings, this is commendable.

The only reason I can see that the administration is nominating him is that he is also totalitarian leaning. Still, that is a stretch for them. Unless this is some sort of setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

He even appears to recognize the dangers of a foreign nation having such a deep infestation. Despite his totalitarian leanings, this is commendable.

The only reason I can see that the administration is nominating him is that he is also totalitarian leaning. Still, that is a stretch for them. Unless this is some sort of setup.

zionutters??????

why... could you please expand on that? I don't quite understand.

"Hagel, in his first opportunity to respond to the weeks of criticism, told Nebraska's Lincoln Journal Star newspaper on Monday that there is "not one shred of evidence that I'm anti-Israeli, not one (Senate) vote that matters that hurt Israel." While Hagel has opposed unilateral sanctions against Iran -- another point of contention among critics – he’s supported sanctions through the United Nations."

It does not appear that Hegel would be the worst choice for the job, he stands on his own, seeks resolution and received support from "a bipartisan group of foreign policy thinkers including former National Security advisers Zbigniew Brzezinski and Brent Scowcroft."

Your fixation on the abortion aspect of Hagel's stance on the issue has nothing to do with his qualifications as Secretary of Defense.

Actually it does.

Have the pinkos ever supported a Pro-Life nominee for any post - ever?
Nope, because supporting baby-butchering is one of their litmus tests.
Or maybe it used to be?

Maybe the baby haters are now so outnumbered it doesn't matter anymore?
I suppose one could hope.

Last edited:

You need to start making some sense. Your fixation on the abortion aspect of Hagel's stance on the issue has nothing to do with his qualifications as Secretary of Defense.

Actually it does.

Have the baby-haters ever supported a Pro-Life nominee for any post - ever?
Nope, because supporting baby-butchering is one of their litmus tests.
Or maybe it used to be?

Maybe the baby haters are now so outnumbered it doesn't matter anymore?
I suppose one could hope.

when has abortion even come up in the context of a cabinet position?

feel free to provide a link

Yes. Please try to follow along.

zionutters??????

why... could you please expand on that? I don't quite understand.

Maybe we should look to Current TV for a whitewash perspective..... no .....wait..... what would Al Gore do??? ;)

Please Remember That This Is The CDZ. Civil Discourse. No Put Downs, No Name Calling Or Insulting Other Posters.

Skye,

What is it about Hagel that does not make him well qualified for the position. Can you point to his record or his positions with specificity. He has addressed the fodder that has been created by his statements with presenting his voting record which clearly shows that he stand by his allies. He has stood by the sanctions against Iran within the UN.

Exactly what do you find problematic about Hagel.

The only people it will matter to are the people and their families that will be put in harm's way if he doesn't do any better at the job than those he replaces.
They are all politicians so I fail to see a loss.

The only people it will matter to are the people and their families that will be put in harm's way if he doesn't do any better at the job than those he replaces.
They are all politicians so I fail to see a loss.

Well there is one difference between Hegel and many of his predecessors. He didn't stand on the safe side of enemy lines and direct others to "take that hill." He actually fought in the trenches with his fellow soldiers and heroes. In my mind, that qualifies him in a way that only a real combat veteran can be qualified. Having actually served in combat, Hegel will be a supreme advocate of the American fighting man and will ensure that their equipment and material needs are second to none. Further, any decisions that might needlessly imperil the lives of those on the front lines will be filtered through him. Hegel is the type of Secretary of Defense that is long overdue. Wish we had one like him back during the Viet Nam Era!

Last edited:
He even appears to recognize the dangers of a foreign nation having such a deep infestation.
Wanting Hagel for Sec.of Defense is the best move our beloved Pres. Obama has made while in office.

We will finally have someone who will put U.S. interests and defense first, and not kowtow to the demands of Israel.

Hagel and Obama together will map out a sensible Middle East policy based on reality and not some psychotic zionist fantasy.. :cool:

Forum List

Back