Hagel Departure Reason > Ground Troops & Military Cutbacks

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hagel departure reason: >> GROUND TROOPS. More than anything else, Hagel repeatedly spoke out for the need for more ground troops to fight ISIS. He had lots of company. Virtually every single spokesman with military background (which Obama lacks) around Obama, said the ISIS WAR needs more ground troops (John Kerry, members of the Joint Chiefs of staff > General Dempsey, General Odierno, Admiral Winnfield, General Amos, etc, + a slew of ex-Generals & Colonels> Keane, McCaffery, McInerney, Francona, North, etc, etc)

So why did Hagel leave ? He left because of the ground troops disagreement with Obama and his clones (or is it "clowns") + other serious problems crated by Obama and his anti-military attitude, that never goes away, in spite of what happens overseas. The MILITARY CUTBACKS are also a serious reason why Hagel is leaving. No doubt about it. Hagel is a Vietnam combat veteran. He knows war firsthand. How distasteful it must be for him to try to manage a military that every time he sees a need for MORE troops or equipment, Obama is giving him LESS.

The sequester had had a notable effect on the military. Hagel knows it and so do Joint Chiefs of Staff Navy Admiral Winnfield, and Marine Corps General Amos who talk about it in the links I've posted here.

Lastly, I'll just say that whoever Obama selects to replace Hagel, he will be a 100% yes man for the administration, and this will harm our military even more. But honestly, who on earth would really WANT this thankless job ????????????????

http://www.jcs.mil/Media/News/NewsDi...y-balance.aspx

http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/Portals/...SG%20Final.pdf

Reminds me of how Obama got rid of the CIA station chief in Kabul for disagreeing with his Jihadist Prisoner exchange

One other thing. I can't get through posting about Hagel without mentioning the difference between the coverage of this on MSNBC and the other networks.
geez.gif
On MSNBC the show host validly asked why was Hagel fired (or resigned). Four talking heads spoke up and all said Hagel "Wasn't up to the job." That's really unfair. I waited 15 minutes and never heard the words "ground troops" or "Military cutbacks". Not once.

Well, problem is the MSNBC talking heads didn't mention WHAT job Hagel wasn't up to, but that's OK. We all know he wasn't up to kissing Obama's ass. So he leaves with the pride that he didn't do that, and instead stood up for the military and the American people.

Also, after I switched to CNN, the first spokesman was ex. Colonel Richard Francona who immediately told it like it is, and talked about the ground troops to fight ISIS, and the military cutbacks, as did CNN's White House correspondent. Same with Fox News.

The sequester had had a notable effect on the military.f

Then why hasn't Congress ended the sequester?

Remember Congress created the sequester.

Congress set up the sequester to go into effect if they took no action.

And Congress took no action.

The sequester had had a notable effect on the military.f

Then why hasn't Congress ended the sequester?

Remember Congress created the sequester.

Congress set up the sequester to go into effect if they took no action.

And Congress took no action.
I don't care if it was the sequester or anything else. You don't cut the military like Obama is doing, unless you're rooting for the other side.

Was just reading this:

SNIP:

Chuck Hagel resigning – fall guy for failed Obama policies

Posted by William A. Jacobson Monday, November 24, 2014 at 9:55am
Too many tire tracks on his back.

It’s not like this was unexpected. Chuck Hagel long has become the fall guy for Obama administration international failures, as we first noted in connection with the Taliban-Bergdahl swap, Taliban-Bergdahl swap unpopular, so … blame Hagel.

The lone Republican in the cabinet, Hagel was supposed to lend credibility to Obama’s downsizing of the military and retreat from international engagement.

Hagel recently announced a realignment and refocus of the military, including some expanded capabilities.
Now Hagel is resigning under pressure, according to numerous media reports.
Via NBC News:
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is stepping down amid criticism of the president’s national security team on a series of global issues, including the threat posed by the militant group known as ISIS.

Senior defense officials confirmed to NBC News Monday that Hagel was forced to resign.

The officials say the White House has lost confidence in Hagel to carry out his role at the Pentagon. According to one senior official, “He wasn’t up to the job.”
Another senior administration official said that Hagel has been discussing a departure from the White House “for several weeks.”
More to follow.

ALL of it here:
Chuck Hagel resigning 8211 fall guy for failed Obama policies

Forum List

Back