Hagel: Bush admin. is 'incompetent' and he would consider joining a Dem tickect

it wasn't irrelevant at all. You stated that, despite it all, you'd rather have let a fool like bush into the white house than john kerry and I mentioned that even Jim Jones retained Flavor-aid drinking followers until the very end. Do you not see the comparison that I am making? I can illustrate further if not.

and i'm sure blaming jim jones on jimmy carter probably doesn't drive my point home either.

it's not the intellectualism...it's the arrogance that goes with it.

Perhaps. But perhaps there is equal arrogance of others in their anti-intellectualism.

Problem is, there is NO politician out there that has even a tenuous connection to the "common man" (read middle class). Heck, to even get into politics at that level you have to be wealthy and connected to some power base. Most of the politicians running haven't done an honest day's work in their life, never mind be able to understand the average middle class and their issues and concerns.

I agree with this in part. Thing is, politics has always been a rich man's sport. No one else had the time it would take for political office. Only landed gentry held national office originally. As for "honest day's work". I don't believe that's entirely true. Funny thing is the right hates the one president we had who came from poor roots -- Bill Clinton, and loves the 10th generation beneficiary of his family's weath and contacts who currently holds office because he put on a Midlands, Texas accent (despite being of Connecticut Yankee roots) and isn't bright and has a fairly easy-going manner, so he's the kind of guy they want to have a beer with.

Perhaps. But perhaps there is equal arrogance of others in their anti-intellectualism.

I agree with this in part. Thing is, politics has always been a rich man's sport. No one else had the time it would take for political office. Only landed gentry held national office originally. As for "honest day's work". I don't believe that's entirely true. Funny thing is the right hates the one president we had who came from poor roots -- Bill Clinton, and loves the 10th generation beneficiary of his family's weath and contacts who currently holds office because he put on a Midlands, Texas accent (despite being of Connecticut Yankee roots) and isn't bright and has a fairly easy-going manner, so he's the kind of guy they want to have a beer with.

I dont think the anti-intellectual crowd are so much arrogant as they are afraid and maybe even resentful. We see it here all the time on this board: "I am smart and you are stupid. You should not be allowed to vote."

How many times have we seen threads that start out as a fairly reasonable discussion degenerate into exactly that kind of venue? Please note that I am deliberately keeping my comment non-partisan; it comes from both sides.

We even have foreigners commenting on the relative intelligence of US voters...all such judgements based on their own individual points of view. I guess it is human nature to sometimes judge the relative intelligence of an individual based on their agreement (or disagreement) with a personally held point of view...

it wasn't irrelevant at all. You stated that, despite it all, you'd rather have let a fool like bush into the white house than john kerry and I mentioned that even Jim Jones retained Flavor-aid drinking followers until the very end. Do you not see the comparison that I am making? I can illustrate further if not.

and i'm sure blaming jim jones on jimmy carter probably doesn't drive my point home either.

If John Kerry was elected, it would already be the end (end of us all!), so what.

Did they hand out crystal balls at the 06 GOP convention or are you conveying your insightful opinion? Keep your drama for your mamma.

He's already a liberal Rino...the only reason he is saying this is because he was getting ready to be kicked to the curb...

So he realizes all he has to do is spout off some anti Bush reteritic and the Dems..will be clamoring to enfold him into their BIG TENT...hey he knows you all well...:lol:

You guy's can have him...Another loser added to the bunch you already have...:eusa_clap:

I'd have voted for Ron Paul before I would have Kerry. Had nothing to do with Bush and everything to do with Kerry.:cool:

Did they hand out crystal balls at the 06 GOP convention or are you conveying your insightful opinion? Keep your drama for your mamma.
Shogun,---- In what way does that make the slightest bit of sense???:confused:

it's not the intellectualism...it's the arrogance that goes with it.

I've always found this an interesting argument. Do you think NFL players think they are good at the game? Do you think David Beckham thinks he is good at Soccer? They rarely get pilloried for those, but intellectuals get attacked constantly for their "arrogance". Some claim to know everything, most don't. Most consider themselves intelligent, and reasonably so.

When did arrogance get tied into someone thinking that they are intelligent? It seems that we are allowed to think ourselves as honest, loyal, traditional, good at our jobs, sports, a good family, a good country, but as soon as we say we are intelligent its extreme arrogance. As if intelligence is so much better than everything else that opinions on the other issues matter less somehow.

I don't see how you can think Kerry would have been worse than the dunce we have in the WH now. The US has never had a lower standing in he world.

Republicans crack me up. They drag along behind the president contending that water boarding is not torture and ignore one of their won, John McCain, who was actually tortured. bush has infected his party with his anti-cerebral disease.

Now, republican congressmen are running for the hills and announcing their retirement. It is called the bush affect.

I don't see how you can think Kerry would have been worse than the dunce we have in the WH now. The US has never had a lower standing in he world.

Republicans crack me up. They drag along behind the president contending that water boarding is not torture and ignore one of their won, John McCain, who was actually tortured. bush has infected his party with his anti-cerebral disease.

Now, republican congressmen are running for the hills and announcing their retirement. It is called the bush affect.

Nobody has been tortured by any means like John McCain was,..that is silly.

Calling our president a "dunce" is disrespectful,..I didn't bad mouth Clinton like that when he was raping, and lying! ...But thats your business.

"Waterboarding",...do you really think this started under GW Bush? You don't have a clue if you do.

And as for the congressmen, at least they are retiring and not facing impeachment like "Bubba" did.

Please, I respect your thoughts, but do bring something real to the table.

Oh my god! You slimeball LIBERAL, you!

bush = Dunce, Dunce, Dunce, Dunce, Dunce, Dunce, Dunce, Dunce,, Dunce, Dunce, Dunce, Dunce, Dunce

Now, does that make me unMerikan?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Forum List

Back