Hagee invites Osteen to speak at Cornerstone!

I am not a Hagee fan, but, thought he preached some accurate Bible, but, standing with Osteen, Satan's minion... only TV preacher I'll listen to anymore is Charles Stanley..... and even that is rare....

If they are millionaires preaching on TV, they are just in it for the cash every time. The preacher who lives in a multi-million dollar mansion and has a private jet or two is not following the example of Jesus. He's following the example of P.T. Barnum.

They all are hucksters that Pray and prey on the week minded and fearful

Of learned men, the clergy show the lowest development of professional ethics. Any pastor is free to cadge customers from the divines of rival sects, and to denounce the divines themselves as theological quacks.
H L Mencken, Minority Report (1956),

What is the function that a clergyman performs in the world? Answer: he gets his living by assuring idiots that he can save them from an imaginary hell.
H L Mencken,

I am not a Hagee fan, but, thought he preached some accurate Bible, but, standing with Osteen, Satan's minion... only TV preacher I'll listen to anymore is Charles Stanley..... and even that is rare....

If they are millionaires preaching on TV, they are just in it for the cash every time. The preacher who lives in a multi-million dollar mansion and has a private jet or two is not following the example of Jesus. He's following the example of P.T. Barnum.

That would include Billy Graham as well (maybe even first and foremost...?)
I agree, even when I was young, growing up in the Lutheran church, I thought... why are we spending all this money on choir robes and expensive offering plates etc. We could meet in someone's house (it was a small church) and give money to the needy.....

I agree, even when I was young, growing up in the Lutheran church, I thought... why are we spending all this money on choir robes and expensive offering plates etc. We could meet in someone's house (it was a small church) and give money to the needy.....

Of course Billy Graham.Back before CDs when all we had were vinyl records, Billy Graham tried to sell some of those records. The only problem was that the hole in the middle of the record kept healing up before you could get it on the player.

Of course Billy Graham.Back before CDs when all we had were vinyl records, Billy Graham tried to sell some of those records. The only problem was that the hole in the middle of the record kept healing up before you could get it on the player.

that's terrible... shame shame!!! ;)

Ravi Zacharius is great as is ?David Jeremiah...

I have a book by Ravi....enjoyed it, I like him

The book by Ravi is called "Has Christianity Failed You"

Forum List

Back