Hagee invites Osteen to speak at Cornerstone!

I could not say that 98% of people that claim to be Christian are not. If you feel comfortable with saying it, that is you. I do not know the heart of other Christians but when I see that they are wealthy and are using the money to enrich their own lives instead of the lives of the elderly, the orphans, the widows, those who are in poor and are in need - I find it to be a contradiction of what Jesus said we should be doing. You cannot love mammon and love God at the same time. One or the other is going to rule over your heart. It cannot be both.

And that is what Jesus said, you worship one or the other. If you hold any wealth the one you worship is in plain site. Claiming you follow the other is meaningless.

I knew John Hagee was compromising the Word of God. You see, Paul never entertained the people with a "show". Paul preached. John does more entertaining than preaching. It's become the hallmark of his ministry and millions show up each week to see it. I used to listen to him, ninja007 , but I stopped tuning in to hear him. So about this news.... There is no such thing as a Preacher inviting a false Preacher to preach at his church. The Apostle Paul would never have invited one of the false teachers he exposed to join him on a ministry trip to preach. John Hagee is now officially a hireling who is handing his "flock" over to a wolf.

I was told that Hagee said the Jews didn't need to be saved. That was perhaps where he went off the rails. Of course the Jews need to be saved. Every person on earth must receive Christ to enter heaven. The Apostle Paul would not have preached to the Jews about their need of salvation were they not supposed to hear it! Jesus Christ would not have told the Jewish religious leader Nicodemus, Ye must be born again - were it not for the fact that Nicodemus needed to be born again!

This is why the Word of God as it is written in the KJV Bible must be our guide. Not the popularity or charisma of man! The Bereans fact checked every word Paul spoke when he was preaching. Because they wanted to make sure he was 100% accurate in his preaching of the Word. If you did that with some of the preachers on television? They would be highly offended.

How did the Apostle Paul react?

He commended the Bereans for studying Scripture for themselves and making sure his words were accurate. He commended them for it.

John Hagee is a false prophet as well as is Osteen.

There is definitely something extra evil about someone that uses god to get rich off of poor people. It is anti-Christ. This describes most people that claim to be Christians in the US that have wealth. They are not Christians.

Wrong. There is nothing wrong with a Christian family working hard for what they have and prospering. They can use their money to support Missionary work, assist the elderly, help orphans, etc. but to merchandise the Gospel, to peddle the Gospel for filthy lucre? That is wicked and those who fleece the sheep are going to answer to God for it and find themselves in hell one day.

You cannot look out at all the suffering of the human race and lay up wealth and be a Christian. "What you do for the least of these my brothers you do also for me", "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy man to get into heaven". There is no ambiguity in what Jesus himself says, but people that live in America have lawyered the bible so that they can do anything they want and still claim to be Christians.

They aren't. You can't ignore everything Jesus did and everything he said and claim to be Christian.

98% of people that claim to be Christian are not. They are simply lukewarm fans who ignore who Jesus was and what he said.

must be talking about the RCC.

I could not say that 98% of people that claim to be Christian are not. If you feel comfortable with saying it, that is you. I do not know the heart of other Christians but when I see that they are wealthy and are using the money to enrich their own lives instead of the lives of the elderly, the orphans, the widows, those who are in poor and are in need - I find it to be a contradiction of what Jesus said we should be doing. You cannot love mammon and love God at the same time. One or the other is going to rule over your heart. It cannot be both.

And that is what Jesus said, you worship one or the other. If you hold any wealth the one you worship is in plain site. Claiming you follow the other is meaningless.

Wrong. Americans are wealthy according to the standard of the world because a significant portion of the world lives on less than a dollar a day, Newton. It's called the 10/40 window.

By your standards no Christian should have a roof over their head, electricity or running water. That is wealth, friend. You've taken what Jesus said and turned it into an argument for Communists and wealth redistribution. Communism is the number one enemy of Jesus Christ on the earth today. Paul was clear in teaching the church, if you don't work? You won't eat. If Jesus did not intend for his followers to have a home he would not have said this to the born again Christians who faithfully served him:

It is written:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come , ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred , and ye gave me meat : I was thirsty , and ye gave me drink : I was a stranger, and ye took me in : Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick , and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Matthew 24:34-36

________
Newton, I believe it was you that told us you were a Communist? Please note that Jesus didn't say this to a Communist Government forcing wealth redistribution upon its people, Jesus Christ said this to his own people. What did he say? He tells the obedient Christian, when I was hungry? You fed me. (the Christian must have some measure of substance to feed themselves, their families and others with) Same for thirsting. Jesus said, I was a stranger and you took me in. Took him in where? Into our own homes. How can we take the needy in if we do not have homes to bring them to? You see, your argument does not hold up because what you are suggesting is that a person cannot own a home, have electric, water, a bed, a computer or he isn't a Christian. You're wrong and have erred in interpreting Scripture, Newton.

Another fact, Newton, the Christians in this world give more money to the poor, the needy, the orphan, the widow than any other people group on earth (including the Communists).

Last edited:
Wrong. Americans are wealthy according to the standard of the world because a significant portion of the world lives on less than a dollar a day, Newton. It's called the 10/40 window.

By your standards no Christian should have a roof over their head, electricity or running water. That is wealth, friend. You've taken what Jesus said and turned it into an argument for Communists and wealth redistribution. Communism is the number one enemy of Jesus Christ on the earth today. Paul was clear in teaching the church, if you don't work? You won't eat. If Jesus did not intend for his followers to have a home he would not have said this to the born again Christians who faithfully served him:

It is written:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come , ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred , and ye gave me meat : I was thirsty , and ye gave me drink : I was a stranger, and ye took me in : Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick , and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

________
Newton, I believe it was you that told us you were a Communist? Please note that Jesus didn't say this to a Communist Government forcing wealth redistribution upon its people, Jesus Christ said this to his own people. What did he say? He tells the obedient Christian, when I was hungry? You fed me. (the Christian must have some measure of substance to feed themselves, their families and others with) Same for thirsting. Jesus said, I was a stranger and you took me in. Took him in where? Into our own homes. How can we take the needy in if we do not have homes to bring them to? You see, your argument does not hold up because what you are suggesting is that a person cannot own a home, have electric, water, a bed, a computer or he isn't a Christian. You're wrong and have erred in interpreting Scripture, Newton.

Another fact, Newton, the Christians in this world give more money to the poor, the needy, the orphan, the widow than any other people group on earth (including the Communists).

They both preach the same thing. Work hard, believe in God and you will be rich. They just play different characters to appeal to a different audience. Bringing both audiences could result in a huge increase in revenue.

The Bible warns us of false prophets and tells us how to identify them. They are both antiChrists that seek to make large profits for themselves by exploiting the weaknesses of Christians who have not been properly discipled. There are lots of undiscipled Christians out there that will feel good after listening to Joel Osteen. There are lots of undiscipled Christians that will feel good after listening to John Hagee.

There are happy go lucky people that believe in lovey dovey mushy nonsense. There are hateful arrogant people that enjoy believing they are better than everybody else and the rest of the world sucks ass.

Both are false prophets seeking true profits. Why not maximizing their profits? Even those of us who hate them both will watch this spectacle. Advertisers don't care what you believe about John Hagee. They just count the number of viewers and pay accordingly.

It is written:

________

They both preach the same thing. Work hard, believe in God and you will be rich. They just play different characters to appeal to a different audience. Bringing both audiences could result in a huge increase in revenue.

The Bible warns us of false prophets and tells us how to identify them. They are both antiChrists that seek to make large profits for themselves by exploiting the weaknesses of Christians who have not been properly discipled. There are lots of undiscipled Christians out there that will feel good after listening to Joel Osteen. There are lots of undiscipled Christians that will feel good after listening to John Hagee.

There are happy go lucky people that believe in lovey dovey mushy nonsense. There are hateful arrogant people that enjoy believing they are better than everybody else and the rest of the world sucks ass.

Both are false prophets seeking true profits. Why not maximizing their profits? Even those of us who hate them both will watch this spectacle. Advertisers don't care what you believe about John Hagee. They just count the number of viewers and pay accordingly.

The bible teaches us that the wheat are God's children and the tares are Satan's children and both are present in the church. (congregations, bible study teachers, deacons, Pastors, children's ministry, youth ministry, etc.) The bible also teaches us that the day will come when God will send forth his angels to gather the tares together, bundle them and cast them into the fire. They will be destroyed before the wheat is gathered into the barn. False teachers are to be exposed but believers need to be led by the Holy Spirit because in some matters such as false brethren inside a church - God may use the situation to teach his people something about how the enemy operates - or he may save the person whose intention was to disrupt the plans of God - only God knows - people need to be led by the Spirit of God. Those that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. The LORD has shown me many people who pretend to be Christians and are not, Vasudeatorrent. Satan does not stand outside the church - his agenda is to get on the inside. Which is why we must judge everything by Scripture. If your life and your words do not line up with the Word of God? You're not His.

It is written:

________

Go view various definitions of wealth and then come back. You are quite confused.

There is definitely something extra evil about someone that uses god to get rich off of poor people. It is anti-Christ. This describes most people that claim to be Christians in the US that have wealth. They are not Christians.

Wrong. There is nothing wrong with a Christian family working hard for what they have and prospering. They can use their money to support Missionary work, assist the elderly, help orphans, etc. but to merchandise the Gospel, to peddle the Gospel for filthy lucre? That is wicked and those who fleece the sheep are going to answer to God for it and find themselves in hell one day.

You cannot look out at all the suffering of the human race and lay up wealth and be a Christian. "What you do for the least of these my brothers you do also for me", "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy man to get into heaven". There is no ambiguity in what Jesus himself says, but people that live in America have lawyered the bible so that they can do anything they want and still claim to be Christians.

They aren't. You can't ignore everything Jesus did and everything he said and claim to be Christian.

98% of people that claim to be Christian are not. They are simply lukewarm fans who ignore who Jesus was and what he said.

Well, there certainly were a lot of wealthy followers of God in the Bible. Let's see: Abraham, David, Solomon, Moses, just to name a few.

Well, there certainly were a lot of wealthy followers of God in the Bible. Let's see: Abraham, David, Solomon, Moses, just to name a few.

Jesus didn't mince words, what he said was clear to everyone that reads it. If you don't follow what he said, he, being CHRIST, then you aren't a CHRISTian.

People who 'claim' to be Christian know the score exactly. It means you put a roof over your head, feed your family, and the rest goes to help your fellow man. If you aren't doing that, you aren't a Christian. And we all know this. Capitalism creates masses of fake Christians who do build up their treasures on Earth and ignore laying up treasures in heaven.

Even Billy Graham is a multi-millionaire. He has laid up his treasure on Earth, he is not a Christian.

Jesus didn't mince words, what he said was clear to everyone that reads it. If you don't follow what he said, he, being CHRIST, then you aren't a CHRISTian.

People who 'claim' to be Christian know the score exactly. It means you put a roof over your head, feed your family, and the rest goes to help your fellow man. If you aren't doing that, you aren't a Christian. And we all know this. Capitalism creates masses of fake Christians who do build up their treasures on Earth and ignore laying up treasures in heaven.

Even Billy Graham is a multi-millionaire. He has laid up his treasure on Earth, he is not a Christian.

Billy Graham is an agent of Rome just as Pat Robertson is. Here is another story on the false prosperity preachers -

Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen’s Witchraft – Myles Munroe charging over $100 To Watch Church Services

Munroe says: “the main reason for Jesus to come to the Earth was not to go to the cross.”The Bible taught otherwise:

And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. 25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. 26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. 27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. 29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. 30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
Hebrews 9:26: “He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.”

Mark 8:31: “And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again”

Munroe then says: “Jesus came not because of the cross primarily but to share the message that we can “re-enter the Kingdom” (speaking of Earthly Kingdom, royalty and wealth).”

The Bible says the ultimate purpose of God’s love and plan for us is that: “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. – John 3:17.

Jesus came into this world to provide eternal life, not to usher in a Kingdom on Earth for Christians to have “dominion” over today. Jesus died because that was the only way to satisfy the wrath of God against the sins of every human being who has ever lived. Jesus took on the punishment we were supposed to so that we could have a chance to live in Heaven and not go to Hell.

Munroe on the Kingdom

Munroe: “Jesus said ‘It is my Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom’…Jesus sent out His disciples two by two to preach the ‘Kingdom of Heaven has come unto you.'”

Like many false teachers, Munroe has to use Scriptures out of context. Here is the context of the first verse he quotes: “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Luke 12:32-34)

The clear point of Jesus’ words here is that the “Kingdom” is spiritual and Heavenly, not one on Earth. The passages states that we should value “treasure in heavens that faileth not” which cannot be corrupted. The focus of Christ’s message, in context, was on eternal life, not the short, present life. And our hearts follow what we treasure. Munroe completely takes this verse out of context to make it say the exact opposite of what Jesus meant.

Regarding Jesus sending out disciples to ‘preach the Kingdom’, Munroe says: “After these things the LORD appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.” (Luke 10)

So going by Bible Scripture, what does the phrase: “Kingdom of God” mean? It is salvation in Jesus Christ. The belief in Jesus Christ as your Savior, who died for your sins, and was raised three days later in glory, conquering death and the grave is the “Kingdom of God.” For this time being, for those who are on Earth and believe, Jesus reigns in our hearts and fills us with the Holy Spirit. We know this from Jesus’ own words: “And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:20-21)

Jesus’ point was that the Kingdom of God at present, arrives when someone puts their faith in Him. And that belief happens in the heart, hence it coming without “observation.” You cannot see the moment someone becomes a believer. It is a decision in the heart. Jesus further confirms this by saying the kingdom of God is “within you.” The world today in this fallen, sinful age is not Jesus’ Kingdom. He made this clear as well: “Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36)
Jesus set up a Kingdom in the hearts of believers in His first coming. At His Second Coming, He will come to physically establish His Kingdom on Earth. That is when the saints will rule and reign and have “dominion.” Not in this present world. In fact, Jesus identifies who rules this present age and world we live in: ” Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.” (John 12:31)

By his extensive quoting of scripture, Munroe very cleverly changes the gospel message by relegating Jesus and elevating the “Kingdom” which of course, allows us to have control, luxury, wealth and all the good things to satisfy our lusts. At 5:30 in the video, Munroe goes into complete blasphemy by saying that preaching about “calvary” or “the blood of Jesus”, the baptism of the Holy Spirit or “the Resurrection” was a strategy of Satan! This is an incredibly blasphemous statement. Once again, the Bible says the exact opposite: For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 17 17-18)

This verse is explaining that the main purpose of a follower of Christ is to preach the gospel. And the Gospel is about Jesus saving humanity from our sins, not about taking dominion of the Earth today. The Apsotle Paul affirms this by saying that when we try to add our “wisdom of words” to the Gospel message, we make the cross Jesus died on have “none effect.” This is exactly what Munroe is doing. He is trying to preach a new revelation about the Kingdom, that he says most people have not even known about. And his Gospel of the Kingdom has nothing to do with the blood of Christ, which was shed as a payment to have the sins of humanity forgiven. He calls that type of preaching a plan of the devil. This again, is pure blasphemy and falsehood. (And we see more blasphemy and disrespect when Munroe mocks Jesus for calling Himself “the door”).

In the book of John, Jesus again explain what his exact purpose for coming to Earth was:
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.(John 6:38-40).

The entire mission of Jesus was to give His life and resurrect so He could provide eternal life to those who believe and trust in Him. We never see Jesus telling his followers to take over or command an Earthly Kingdom. As we have demonstrated above, Jesus did not consider the world he lived in His Kingdom. What was most important was that Jesus save the souls of men, not their bodies. He did not come to ensure everyone dominate the finances of the world.

The false prosperity preacher, Myles Munroe, burned to death in his own lear jet after it crashed in the Bahamas some time ago.

Well, even a hard-nosed Christian Fundamentalist like you must admit there were a lot of wealthy folks in the Bible. Even Abraham didn't give any of his own fortune to the King of Salem, he gave of the spoils he had recaptured that belonged to the kings of the plains cities. So much for the claim of his tithing. He also lied about his wife and got a lot of treasure from that king because of his lie.

Well, even a hard-nosed Christian Fundamentalist like you must admit there were a lot of wealthy folks in the Bible. Even Abraham didn't give any of his own fortune to the King of Salem, he gave of the spoils he had recaptured that belonged to the kings of the plains cities. So much for the claim of his tithing. He also lied about his wife and got a lot of treasure from that king because of his lie.

I'm an agnostic who understands evolution is fact. There is no evidence of any 'god'.

I'm an agnostic who understands evolution is fact. There is no evidence of any 'god'.

LOL!! An agnostic (atheist) who has been trapped into defending the Bible. I knew what you claimed to be but I just could not resist making a total fool out of you. You are so stupid and so very very easy.

LOL!! An agnostic (atheist) who has been trapped into defending the Bible. I knew what you claimed to be but I just could not resist making a total fool out of you. You are so stupid and so very very easy.

You need to get a life, you actually believe you make brownie points on a message board.

I don't defend anything, I point out hypocrisy that seems to be the conservative way of life. Sorry to disappoint you skippy, but I'm glad you had a 'bearable' moment in your life.

You don't participate in discussions here, so other than no life, why are you here?

You need to get a life, you actually believe you make brownie points on a message board.

I don't defend anything, I point out hypocrisy that seems to be the conservative way of life. Sorry to disappoint you skippy, but I'm glad you had a 'bearable' moment in your life.

You don't participate in discussions here, so other than no life, why are you here?

To point out just how utterly stupid you are.

Forum List

Back