Had this been a Rep. governor

Will do.

Would you care to make a sigline wager? Say, 2 weeks?

If she gets beat, and these comments play a big part in her losing, you can give me whatever sigline you want for two weeks. Otherwise, I get to pick yours.

Care to put your sigline where your mouth is?

Sure.... :clap2:

As long as its not vulgar :wink_2:

Question: Who decides whether THIS comment makes a differnce? I say her record will be her demise.

I can be the impartial judge in this bet. :lol:

Man, you blew that, you forgot to mention your commission.

Immie

"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover," she said. "I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. ... You want people who don't worry about the next election."

Translation:

"My fellow Democrats and I care more about our Party and holding on to power than making sound economic policies that would help the country but are politically unpopular. Please don't hold our records or our pandering against us"

- Governor Bev

BTW...

If you're buying the "just joking" spin, just listen to the audio for yourself at the link below.

Bev Perdue’s open-mic night a total bust « Hot Air

Here's a quote for you that, unlike yours, don't need to be invented......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FirI3_G_0JM]McConnell's "Single Most Important" goal: Defeat Obama - YouTube[/ame]

You said I'll bet dollars to doughnuts

Meaning you will bet dollars against doughnuts.

It's a rhetorical device. Why must you always be so pedantic?
So now you're backing out?

This might help you understand:

Dollars to donuts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dollars to donuts is a faux bet in which one person agrees to put up the same amount of dollars to another person's donuts in a bet (where a donut is considered to be worth much less than a dollar). Betting someone dollars to donuts is a rhetorical device that indicates that the person is confident in the outcome of an event, but it does not usually involve an actual bet with actual payoffs (either in dollars or in donuts).

"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover," she said. "I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. ... You want people who don't worry about the next election."

Translation:

"My fellow Democrats and I care more about our Party and holding on to power than making sound economic policies that would help the country but are politically unpopular. Please don't hold our records or our pandering against us"

- Governor Bev

BTW...

If you're buying the "just joking" spin, just listen to the audio for yourself at the link below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FirI3_G_0JM]McConnell's "Single Most Important" goal: Defeat Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Why don't democrats stop and smell their political rethoric for one minute?
Republicans are just as bad.
She said what she said and their is no way to slide by it. If given the chance she would like to see the election of 2012 put on hold.
Democrats are pro voter suppression.

Translation:

- Governor Bev

BTW...

She said what she said and their is no way to slide by it. If given the chance she would like to see the election of 2012 put on hold.

Well, to be fair, she did just mention Congress. She did not say the Presidential election or Governorships either.

Immie

It's a rhetorical device. Why must you always be so pedantic?
So now you're backing out?

This might help you understand:

Dollars to donuts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dollars to donuts is a faux bet in which one person agrees to put up the same amount of dollars to another person's donuts in a bet (where a donut is considered to be worth much less than a dollar). Betting someone dollars to donuts is a rhetorical device that indicates that the person is confident in the outcome of an event, but it does not usually involve an actual bet with actual payoffs (either in dollars or in donuts).

You are the one thats clueless

from your link

Dollars to donuts is a faux bet in which one person agrees to put up the same amount of dollars to another person's donuts in a bet

You said
I'll bet dollars to dounuts

You'll bet dollars

Translation:

- Governor Bev

BTW...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FirI3_G_0JM"]McConnell's "Single Most Important" goal: Defeat Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Yep.

McConnell's "Single Most Important" goal: Defeat Obama - YouTube

Well, to be fair, she did just mention Congress. She did not say the Presidential election or Governorships either.

Immie

OH so there going to hold the congressional vote and still have the presidental election?

I don't think that was her intent, but I will let that slide.

Today the Congress; tomorrow the Presidency but still the Democrats will claim this is a non-issue.

By the way, where is TDM on this issue? :eusa_shhh:

Immie

She will avoid this thread because it ruins her "Republicans are trying to stop the vote" argument.

Yeah, you are right, but then from now on every time she starts one of those idiotic threads, we can all just remind her about the Democratic Governor from North Carolina.

Immie
Can we quote ourselves, quoting ourselves, quoting the Governor just like she likes to do? This could be fun. An epic thread using her debate tactics against her.

from your link

Dollars to donuts is a faux bet in which one person agrees to put up the same amount of dollars to another person's donuts in a bet

You said

You'll bet dollars

What point are you trying to make? That you're OCD? Just really annoying?

Who the fuck cares?

It was a quip. A rhetorical device. Why must you make a fool out of yourself taking it so seriously? Does it really need 2 pages of pedantic arguments?

I give up. You WIN (whatever it is that you think you've won).

Now, will you please MOVE THE FUCK ON?

Immie

OH so there going to hold the congressional vote and still have the presidental election?

I don't know what the hell she was thinking when she made such a stupid comment. I did take it as meaning just Congress because of her statement about allowing them to do the work they were charged with doing, but who knows what she really meant?

Immie

Translation:

- Governor Bev

BTW...

Dissent is patriotic. Wait until the party starts.

Immie

I don't know what the hell she was thinking when she made such a stupid comment. I did take it as meaning just Congress because of her statement about allowing them to do the work they were charged with doing, but who knows what she really meant?

Immie

You and I both know that she would love to see another obama four years in her heart she meant it as I think she meant it, but since she didn't come out and say it I will let it slide for now.

I don't know if she's going to win or not. I do know that her comments won't make a difference, one way or another.

We'll see... I on the other hand dont see her winning, and that will be b/c Democratic brand is becoming very toxic

As I said, I don't know anything about the race, or her, or her popularity.

All I know is that for all the "outrage" now, this will be forgotten, just like every other "outrageous" thing.

Sorry that quote is going to be a campaign add for her opponent. You will grow to hate it. It may even get some national use. It was an epically stupid thing to say. Her tone and expression were dead serious. She most certainly was not joking.

from your link

You said

You'll bet dollars

What point are you trying to make? That you're OCD? Just really annoying?

Who the fuck cares?

It was a quip. A rhetorical device. Why must you make a fool out of yourself taking it so seriously? Does it really need 2 pages of pedantic arguments?

I give up. You WIN (whatever it is that you think you've won).

Now, will you please MOVE THE FUCK ON?

talking about stuipd you didn't realize what you said when you made that old timers comment.

Forum List

Back