Had One of My Best Days in About Five Years Today

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
1) found episode 1 of season 6 Game of Thrones surprisingly recorded on my DVR - already a smoking good day. Had no idea the season was starting - been to busy with RL.

2) My blood sugar was below 200 at 5 pm for the first time since before my back surgery in September 2015. The exercise and avoiding carbs paid off and things are getting back to where they were before I began my surgery recovery diet.

3) We have been consolidating our debts after our home refi showed about 6 more credit cards on the family budget than I knew about. Closed all but 4; one for the family budget, and three that offer savings for items purchased through their stores. So we buy on their cards and then transfer it over to our low interest Credit Union issue credit card (6.89%). Final savings was more than $880 on monthly bills.

4) In the course of consolidating the debts, I found out that a debt my wife told me was $8k is only $2k. I had been dreading wrestling with that that debt so bad, I now feel like I won $6k in a lottery or something, lol.

5) My wife's feet have been having tendon issues and tonight she told me that my nightly foot rubs have been having a great effect and she doesnt have nearly so much pain in her arches any more. It is nice to hear that.

6) I figured out a solution to a problem in a wood hobby that I had, and today I implemented it and it worked with great success.

I am at peace with the universe...well till I awaken tomorrow, anyway.

Last edited:
1) found episode 1 of season 6 Game of Thrones surprisingly recorded on my DVR - already a smoking good day. Had no idea the season was starting - been to busy with RL.

2) My blood sugar was below 200 for the first time since before my back surgery at 5 pm. The exercise and avoiding carbs paid off and things are getting back to where they were before I began my surgery recovery diet.

3) We have been consolidating our debts after our home refi showed about 6 more credit cards on the family budget than I knew about. Closed all but 4; one for the family budget, and three that offer savings for items purchased through their stores. So we buy on their cards and then transfer it over to our low interest Credit Union issue credit card (6.89%). Final savings was more than $880 on monthly bills.

4) In the course of consolidating the debts, I found out that a debt my wife told me was $8k is only $2k. I had been dreading wrestling with that that debt so bad, I now feel like I won $6k in a lottery or something, lol.

5) My wife's feet have been having tendon issues and tonight she told me that my nightly foot rubs have been having a great effect and she doesnt have nearly so much pain in her arches any more. It is nice to hear that.

6) I figured out a solution to a problem in a wood hobby that I had an d today I implemented it and it worked with great success.

Good on you sir :clap:

Congratulations on your wonderful day. All the best!

Congratulations on your wonderful day. All the best!
Thank you! and to you as well!

Some days are just like that; you hit every light in your commute to and from work, you boss gives you an attaboy and your kids remember that you are alive.

At my age you have to think on these kinds of days while you can still remember them.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Hopefully a lot of people are refinancing before the election cuz that choice will be gone soon after. Hate Obama all you want but that was his doing.

I just read that most Americans have less than $5000 saved. A family member called today, wanting more money. They have nothing saved, big health issues and no real attempt to take care of themselves.

Today was pretty good for me too! Things don't look so bleak any more. Nothing has really changed, but I have more fingers in pies than I had yesterday and eventually, one will be ready to be pulled out of the oven. Ahhhh. I bet I will sleep really well tonight!

2) My blood sugar was below 200 at 5 pm for the first time since before my back surgery in September 2015. The exercise and avoiding carbs paid off and things are getting back to where they were before I began my surgery recovery diet.

6) I figured out a solution to a problem in a wood hobby that I had, and today I implemented it and it worked with great success.

congrats_4.gif

Best thing I have heard all day.

How wonderous!

I am very happy you had such a good day and that there are good things happening in your life- I hope that each day is as good for you.

I am very happy you had such a good day and that there are good things happening in your life- I hope that each day is as good for you.

And to you too, dude.

Is it not true that our view of life is largely dependent on what we choose to remember and savor?

Our predispositions to things are often built by the choices we make in what we choose to remember about a thing more than the thing itself.

A vote for Bernie will make your day complete.

View attachment 72949

Why would that be the case?

Whoever is President is far removed from the daily events of my immediate personal life.

Votto, maybe you should deprioritize how much time you focus on politics; I did that about 9 years ago and it has vastly improved my life. My wife encouraged me to stop thinking and speaking so much about politics, that I would be happier giving more thought to things at home and locally, and I discovered that she was right.

Focusing on politics is the epitome of worrying about things you have no control of.

Not doing that any more.

I awoke this morning still feeling good about life and looking forward to the future.

Wow, I was wrong; how did that happen? :)

I look forward to your kind of day in the coming months. Retiring 30-June at 56 years old. House is in shambles with shipping boxes galore. Just finished completely refurbing both bathrooms. Dug into my SeaBee training laid tile, new base boards, pre-hung door, fan, medicine cabinet, toilet and vanity. Had a 44 year old shower resurfaced but it looks brand new.

But our lives are upside down and each day is more work and chaos. Thankfully the POD is arriving Monday and our home for the last 20 years goes on the market 15-May. Our anniversary

We look forward to your kind of day soon. We miss our stable environment

Good on you JB. Hope you have a run of great days ahead

-Geaux

Forum List

Back