Had my Dad

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
still been alive he would have been 70 years old today and I love the bones of the man.He made me and I wasn't finished talking to him.The last time I told him I loved him he was dead.

Forgive me, I am having a party in my head for my Dad and...there you go.

i know the feeling, roomy. no need to ask forgiveness

mine's gone 35 yrs and i still miss him.

Thanks Del, it's 12 years for mine and there isn't a day goes by I don't think of him.

roomy, who knew you were such a sentimental sap!

JK

I think of all my dad is missing. He died too young also.

still been alive he would have been 70 years old today and I love the bones of the man.He made me and I wasn't finished talking to him.The last time I told him I loved him he was dead.

Did you get your sense of humor from your dad, rheumy?

Did you get your sense of humor from your dad, rheumy?

I don't think so he was very dry, nobody ever knew when he was serious or not unless they knew him.:cool:

I don't think so he was very dry, nobody ever knew when he was serious or not unless they knew him.:cool:

A proper Englishmun, I suppose? That's the American perception of English humor, anyway. I have a bit of my own dad's humor in me he was a great teaser and practical joker. Kind of like mani only not so belligerent.

I imagine you and he appreciated each other's different styles. Maybe you made a good comedy team. Roomy senior and roomy junior.

A proper Englishmun, I suppose? That's the American perception of English humor, anyway. I have a bit of my own dad's humor in me he was a great teaser and practical joker. Kind of like mani only not so belligerent.

I imagine you and he appreciated each other's different styles. Maybe you made a good comedy team. Roomy senior and roomy junior.

We played off each other and could take the piss for hours on end without ever taking the piss, he never had much of an education (down the mines at 15 and orphaned) but he knew more than anyone I have ever known about life and people.I still ask myself what Dad would have said or done.

My Dad will have been gone for four years this April. I miss him more than one can imagine, and he was my hero while growing up. I understand and commiserate with the pain of your loss. God Bless You and your Father.

:beer::beer: Happy Birthday To your Dad Roomy.:beer::beer:

Lost my dad 51 years ago, when I was 2. Still think of him all the time, though I don't really remember him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back