Had Enough?

This is a pretty good example of having had enough.
Imagine this happening every time you went to the mall?

Imagine having to deal with some guy like that when you tried to straighten out a discrepency on your phone bill?

That's the future of America right now.:lol:

Imagine having to deal with some guy like that when you tried to straighten out a discrepency on your phone bill?

ever think it might just be you......

The Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate immigration and naturalization. What happened to you is completely within the guidelines established by Congress. You had to prove that you're a US citizen, you had to ensure that you weren't bringing any illegal substances into this country, you had to prove that you weren't a terrorist, etc. Everything that happened to you is completely normal, and, in my opinion, should be expected. The greatest threat our country faces comes from the transportation of dangerous and illegal substances across our borders and then used against American citizens. What better place to detect and prevent this then at, say, the borders? And how can we expect to discover the aforementioned items without searches of suspicious persons and vehicles?

As for this whole business of mall stripsearches and whatnot, don't get riddiculous. You're just being paranoid. Such action is clearly unwarrented, overly complex, expensive, and unnecessary.

Stephanie - what the heck are you talking about?
I can't tell what you are getting at.
You reposted what I wrote then quoted Cicero and you have that strange saying next to your posting name.
:eusa_boohoo:

Considering that a terrorist plot to blow up LAX was THWARTED by these paranoid soldiers you are ranting about...I'm willing to cut them a little slack.

You were inconvinienced. I'm so sorry. Better that a few innocent people with fears of 1984-esque scenarios get inconvenienced than a few terrorists getting a nod and a wave as they drive on through on their way to their US target of choice.

Don't misunderstand, I do not advocate giving up freedoms for securities and I feel we should be very alert of such things happening. However I also think we have to keep our wits about us.

You having your dirty undies looked at by a border patrol agent does not mean that we will all be tagged with GPS locators next week - it means that for some reason you made the guys nervous, OR more likely, because it is illegal for them to profile, you were the unlucky recipient of a random search. Deal with it and vote for people who will advocate logical methods of maintaining security.

Considering that a terrorist plot to blow up LAX was THWARTED by these paranoid soldiers you are ranting about...I'm willing to cut them a little slack.

You were inconvinienced. I'm so sorry. Better that a few innocent people with fears of 1984-esque scenarios get inconvenienced than a few terrorists getting a nod and a wave as they drive on through on their way to their US target of choice.

Don't misunderstand, I do not advocate giving up freedoms for securities and I feel we should be very alert of such things happening. However I also think we have to keep our wits about us.

You having your dirty undies looked at by a border patrol agent does not mean that we will all be tagged with GPS locators next week - it means that for some reason you made the guys nervous, OR more likely, because it is illegal for them to profile, you were the unlucky recipient of a random search. Deal with it and vote for people who will advocate logical methods of maintaining security.

Well said.:thup:

Gem - It wasn't soldiers that busted that guy. I can't say you lied - maybe you did. You did post incorrect information and if you believe you are part of the problem.

The soldiers however, did allow the guy who wanted to blow up LAX to enter the country.

In fact ICE allowed it too and YOU, Gem, allowed it to by not insisting on enforcing our laws and by allowing foreign nations to push into this country and take anything they want just so you could buy underwear 2 for a dollar at Walmart.

Your post was really embarassing and exactly the sort of the thing the enemies of this nation are counting on. Are you a Saudi sympathizer or just not paying attention? :eusa_boohoo:

Stephanie - what the heck are you talking about?
I can't tell what you are getting at.
You reposted what I wrote then quoted Cicero and you have that strange saying next to your posting name.
:eusa_boohoo:

baby_tiger_surprised_face-1.jpg

To Stephanie :

You still aren't making sense.

Why don't you post my entire article again?

Cranston Wrote:
Gem - It wasn't soldiers that busted that guy. I can't say you lied - maybe you did. You did post incorrect information and if you believe you are part of the problem.

The soldiers however, did allow the guy who wanted to blow up LAX to enter the country.

In fact ICE allowed it too and YOU, Gem, allowed it to by not insisting on enforcing our laws and by allowing foreign nations to push into this country and take anything they want just so you could buy underwear 2 for a dollar at Walmart.

Your post was really embarassing and exactly the sort of the thing the enemies of this nation are counting on. Are you a Saudi sympathizer or just not paying attention?

Cranston, while you are yelling at Steph about her incoherant posts, you might want to double check your own...this one made very little sense. I'm still not quite sure what I should be embarrassed for...but if you feel I should be, thats just fine.

I still assert that a couple of border patrol agents stopping you for longer than you would have liked is not what is wrong with this country - and that if you truly feel it is then you should vote for candidates whose views on national security more closely match your own.

And although I don't buy my undies at Wal-Mart, I do appreciate your concern regarding both my political sympathies AND my undergarments.

Forum List

Back