Hackworth On The Performance Of Our "Allied" Troops In Iraq

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Oct 30, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    turns out the Poles and Italians are pretty much worthless.... but the Japanese, Bulgarians, El Salvadorans and Mongolians are not to be trifled with.
    interesting read from one side (though hackworth is excellent), would love to hear more about this from anyone who knows anything

2. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    hackworth supports wes clark, anyone that supports that man has little credibility with me. he's also very negative about the military and how things are run. He's very persuasive with how he rates buts he's actually a flaming liberal.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    how do you support the accusation he's a liberal? the man fought a brutal style of war that most liberals would cringe at, all while fighting liberal government officials who mismanaged the vietnam war. wes clark isn't a liberal, just someone who's sadly on the wrong side of the argument about the war in iraq. john kerry, that's a liberal. david hackworth/wes clark? no

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    good ole hack is just that..... a HACK. he is a "has been" that has nothing intelligent to add.

He was okay about a decade ago, but as he gets older, his ignorance shows through.

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i can understand that POV at least. what do you think about the "performance of our allied partners"?

6. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Frankly, I am not surprised.

Secondly, I still wonder to this day why everybody is up in arms and bitching about our "weak" coalition. I really don't care if there are any troops assisting us or not. America is a proud country that can defend itself. WE are the ones that were attacked on 911 and WE are the ones that were most threatened by Sadaam's WMD's or the thought of him having WMD's so I really don't care if the other nations of the world want to help or not. Why should WE rely on others to help us? WE help others because that is what America does. I really don't care if anybody comes to our aid or not. WE CAN take care of ourselves as we have proven time and again.

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i can agree with that to an extent. we mostly need other nations to help pay for the interventions and wars we must fight, as well as to give us airspace and basing rights. Intelligence and special missions perhaps can be assisted by the allies, but as you say, we can handle it ourselves.

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I'm not talking about basing, airspace use, etc. I am just talking about the actual dirty work.

9. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44

I've read his articles and listen to him on the news channels. He's become an armchair quarterback whose mostly wrong. He may be right on the allies participation. You never hear anything on what they are doing if anything.
    Wes Clark is an idiot. He has shown that repeatedly. Hackworths supporting and admiring him ruins his credibility as far as I'm concerned.

And to head off what I know is coming. There is a lot of politics in the military. You don't make it beyond colonel without political connections and asskissing in the right places.Clark kissed all the right ass to get his spot and managed to get himself removed from command for unspecified inappropriate behavior.

10. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

I enjoyed his books a lot, but he seems to have done a complete about face with regard to his attidudes and opionions lately.