Hackers trick iphone x face ID with $150 mask

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Hackers Trick iPhone X Face ID with $150 Mask
Security researchers have reportedly developed a mask capable of breaking the Face ID authentication feature on Apple’s recently released iPhone X.
-------------------------------------------------

Well I wonder how Apple is gonna fix this one .

Security researchers have reportedly developed a mask capable of breaking the Face ID authentication feature on Apple’s recently released iPhone X.

The demo wasn't all that convincing. Because the phone could have been "trained" with the mask or use the passcode to expand training to include the mask. If you go to sources other than InfoWars, it's clear a lot of folks more knowledgeable than me on the Apple algorithms are also skeptical. For instance...

You probably don’t need to worry about someone hacking your iPhone X’s Face ID with a mask

I DO KNOW how face recognition generally works however. Having used this in previous projects. And the biggest red flag is the white cast molded background conflicting with with the "fake skin shots" in contrast and color. This is something that would just "fuck up" most processing and NOT render a passing result. Because the general face SHAPE is used in the matrix of parameters that are checked. And the white cast would just render most any face rec algorithm "decision-less"...

• Banned

The demo wasn't all that convincing. Because the phone could have been "trained" with the mask or use the passcode to expand training to include the mask. If you go to sources other than InfoWars, it's clear a lot of folks more knowledgeable than me on the Apple algorithms are also skeptical. For instance...

You probably don’t need to worry about someone hacking your iPhone X’s Face ID with a mask

I DO KNOW how face recognition generally works however. Having used this in previous projects. And the biggest red flag is the white cast molded background conflicting with with the "fake skin shots" in contrast and color. This is something that would just "fuck up" most processing and NOT render a passing result. Because the general face SHAPE is used in the matrix of parameters that are checked. And the white cast would just render most any face rec algorithm "decision-less"...

Well don't know what to tell you others are reporting it too. I'm sure you know how to use youtube.

Forum List

Back