Hacker loses fight to avoid extradition to U.S..

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
Don't know whether this should go under military, legal, computers, or something else so for now it's in Europe.

Anyone have any views on the result of this? I've read the article and to be honest, if he hacked into the U.S. Navy and NASA then what's his beef about extradition? In fairness, I know little about Aspergers Syndrome, so maybe there is a valid issue, but it reads like a smokescreen to me.

If it was a U.S. citizen hacking into British Government computers, the U.S. Government / legal system would support his deportation to Britain, correct? What's the difference?

British hacker Gary McKinnon has lost his latest High Court bid to avoid extradition to the United States.
US authorities want to try the 43-year-old, from Wood Green, north London, for breaking into US military and Nasa computers in 2001 and 2002.
Mr McKinnon admits hacking, but denies it was malicious or that he caused damage costing $800,000 (£487,000).
He had challenged refusals by the home secretary and director of public prosecutions to try him in the UK.

BBC NEWS | UK | Hacker loses extradition appeal

I think we ought to send out assassins to track down and terminate SPAMMERS.

Forum List

Back