Habeas Corpus...Senate Panel vote in favor of its restoration.

Your a dork pyscho :lol: and kathianne, sounds good to me :)

Short answer:

If American citizens or if the terrorists are caught in US proper, they are entitled to due process and all that the legal system affords.

If non-citizens are picked up in the war effort, not identified as 'soldiers', then those are who should be at Gitmo.

Short answer:

If American citizens or if the terrorists are caught in US proper, they are entitled to due process and all that the legal system affords.

If non-citizens are picked up in the war effort, not identified as 'soldiers', then those are who should be at Gitmo.

Yup, though I believe that those captured in side the US even though there illegal will end up being covered also. Makes sense. Prevents abuse by a Government. As others have in the past pointed out, The Constitution is very vague on who is covered, it has generally been accepted that anyone INSIDE the confines of our Borders are covered in one way or another by the basic concepts of said document.

The stretch is being made that the detainees at Gitmo, whom were captured in a foreign country are somehow covered because they are on a military base. The ruling currently does NOT support that contentions, it is VERY limited as to whom and where it applies.

Yup, though I believe that those captured in side the US even though there illegal will end up being covered also. Makes sense. Prevents abuse by a Government. As others have in the past pointed out, The Constitution is very vague on who is covered, it has generally been accepted that anyone INSIDE the confines of our Borders are covered in one way or another by the basic concepts of said document.

The stretch is being made that the detainees at Gitmo, whom were captured in a foreign country are somehow covered because they are on a military base. The ruling currently does NOT support that contentions, it is VERY limited as to whom and where it applies.

That is what I was saying, think Richard Reid, the shoe bomber.

Short answer:

Tell that to Jose Padilla.

Sense when does objectivity or truth come into play in a conversation with rEpublicans, Bp?

I was only speaking in general terms. You are, however, correct. For Bush's slavish supporters in the GOP and elsewhere, truth, objectivity and respect for the rule of law are but fleeting shadows on the very periphery of their consciences.

Forum List

Back