Ha! Seriously though?

uptownlivin90

Rebelious Youngin
Oct 16, 2009
Maryland
Nettleton Middle School in Nettleton, Miss., has segregated its elected class positions by race, according to a memo sent home with children at the school last week that was obtained by NBC News.

The site includes a sample ballot, which actually notes the race of the students allowed to run for each position. Only white students can run for class president. A memo informing parents was sent home to parents last week.

In 6th grade, the only position open to black students is that of Class Reporter.

It's amazing that Nina Simone's civil rights protest song from the 60s is still so relevant: "Mississippi Goddam."
Black students prohibited from running for class president at Miss. school

It's like the good people of Mississippi are TRYING to give Al Sharpton work.:lol::cuckoo:

Well I mean it IS Mississippi, having been born there it doesn't shock me at all.

But here's the thing, we live in a society where the anti-"political correctness" crowd (like being "correct" politically or in any other way is some how BAD) have made it absolutely DOWN RIGHT challenging to do anything and be considered a "racist". You can say the N-word 11 times on the radio, rip up a poster of Rosa Parks at a health care rally (really though?:lol:), piss on a Muslim mosque and scream hate speech against muslims, say that we need to bring back "literacy tests" at the polls (Mr tancredo), and not be a racist, I mean the possibilities are endless...

I'm just wondering how people are going to explain this one away.:lol:

It's like people are in a competition to see how outwardly racist they can be without actually being called "RACIST". Because if you call somebody that YOUR a Nazi, YOUR a politically correct threat to people's "freedoms" and "liberties", their "freedom" and "liberties" to BE racist without you actually CALLING them a racist.

Just like Dr. Laura has a first amendment right to say the n-word without losing her sponsers!

Silly fascists!

THESE are the true lovers of freedom and liberty, the hillbilly inbred population of a rural enclave in the swamplands of Mississippi. And you evil proggressive liberals are the true threat to liberty... THEIR liberty to infringe on the liberties of whoever they please, as long as they aren't white.:lol::lol::lol:

LET THE FUN BEGIN !

Yet another illustrious example of racism in the South.......

If you’re black and a student at one public middle school in Mississippi, you can’t run for president – only whites need apply.

Nettleton Middle School in Nettleton, Miss., has segregated its elected class positions by race, according to a memo sent home with children at the school last week that was obtained by NBC News.

Read the memo

The memo was first brought to light when Brandy Springer, a mother of four children, contacted blogger Suzy Richardson, founder and editor of the blog mixedandhappy.com. It was also reported by Gawker.

“My [eighth-grade] daughter came home from[Nettleton] school telling me that she wanted to try out for the school reporter, but it is only open to black students,” Springer wrote Richardson. “They told her ‘she should run for class president, that was open to only white students.'”

The memo indicates that only white students can be president of the school’s eighth grade, while only black students can be vice president.

Want to be class president? Not if you're black in this school - U.S. news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com

The whites are pissed that there's a black man as president in the White House, so they're gonna make it a "whites only" policy in schools now.

Hopefully, these idiots will change their mind and rescind this policy.

Well, since they can't impeach Obama, they'll just make it so that only whites can be class president in school.

Nice racist slant btw.......ya just gotta love those racist whites!

Yet another illustrious example of racism in the South.......

If you’re black and a student at one public middle school in Mississippi, you can’t run for president – only whites need apply.

Read the memo

The memo was first brought to light when Brandy Springer, a mother of four children, contacted blogger Suzy Richardson, founder and editor of the blog mixedandhappy.com. It was also reported by Gawker.

“My [eighth-grade] daughter came home from[Nettleton] school telling me that she wanted to try out for the school reporter, but it is only open to black students,” Springer wrote Richardson. “They told her ‘she should run for class president, that was open to only white students.'”

The memo indicates that only white students can be president of the school’s eighth grade, while only black students can be vice president.

Want to be class president? Not if you're black in this school - U.S. news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com

The whites are pissed that there's a black man as president in the White House, so they're gonna make it a "whites only" policy in schools now.

Hopefully, these idiots will change their mind and rescind this policy.

It seems highly illegal. I hope there's a lawsuit filed or something.

it's truly beyond my understanding that anyone could do this in this day and age. it's even further beyond my comprehension that a school is fostering this.

i think the president should show up there and say 'what's that you were saying about not running for president'? :eusa_whistle:

racism lives and breathes...

it's truly beyond my understanding that anyone could do this in this day and age. it's even further beyond my comprehension that a school is fostering this.

i think the president should show up there and say 'what's that you were saying about not running for president'? :eusa_whistle:

racism lives and breathes...

It's truly disgusting. I posted the article on my facebook page, so hopefully a lot of people will see it.

From the school:

Media Statement

After being notified of a grievance regarding upcoming student elections at Nettleton Middle School, research was conducted that evidenced that the current practices and procedures for student elections have existed for over 30 years. It is the belief of the current administration that these procedures were implemented to help ensure minority representation and involvement in the student body. It is felt the intent of these election procedures was to ensure African-American representation in each student office category through an annual rotation basis.

It is our hope and desire that these practices and procedures are no longer needed to help ensure minority representation and involvement. Furthermore, the Nettleton School District acknowledges and embraces the fact that we are growing in ethnic diversity and that the classifications of Caucasian and African-American no longer reflect our entire student body.

Therefore, beginning immediately, student elections at Nettleton School District will no longer have a classification of ethnicity. It is our intent that each student has equal opportunity to seek election for any student office. Future student elections will be monitored to help ensure that this change in process and procedure does not adversely affect minority representation in student elections.

Thank you

Superintendent

Russell Taylor"

I wonder if it would have ever been changed if not reported by MSMBC....

The site includes a sample ballot, which actually notes the race of the students allowed to run for each position. Only white students can run for class president. A memo informing parents was sent home to parents last week.

In 6th grade, the only position open to black students is that of Class Reporter.

It's amazing that Nina Simone's civil rights protest song from the 60s is still so relevant: "Mississippi Goddam."
Black students prohibited from running for class president at Miss. school

It's like the good people of Mississippi are TRYING to give Al Sharpton work.:lol::cuckoo:

Well I mean it IS Mississippi, having been born there it doesn't shock me at all.

But here's the thing, we live in a society where the anti-"political correctness" crowd (like being "correct" politically or in any other way is some how BAD) have made it absolutely DOWN RIGHT challenging to do anything and be considered a "racist". You can say the N-word 11 times on the radio, rip up a poster of Rosa Parks at a health care rally (really though?:lol:), piss on a Muslim mosque and scream hate speech against muslims, say that we need to bring back "literacy tests" at the polls (Mr tancredo), and not be a racist, I mean the possibilities are endless...

I'm just wondering how people are going to explain this one away.:lol:

It's like people are in a competition to see how outwardly racist they can be without actually being called "RACIST". Because if you call somebody that YOUR a Nazi, YOUR a politically correct threat to people's "freedoms" and "liberties", their "freedom" and "liberties" to BE racist without you actually CALLING them a racist.

Just like Dr. Laura has a first amendment right to say the n-word without losing her sponsers!

Silly fascists!

THESE are the true lovers of freedom and liberty, the hillbilly inbred population of a rural enclave in the swamplands of Mississippi. And you evil proggressive liberals are the true threat to liberty... THEIR liberty to infringe on the liberties of whoever they please, as long as they aren't white.:lol::lol::lol:

LET THE FUN BEGIN !

huh?

I really don't even know how to respond. Why would they be doing this? And how could this even be sanctioned and put into action by the school?

Are these racist sentiments still that prevalent in Mississippi, where school officials think it's okie-dokie to, essentially, say, "No lil nigga, ya can't be eligible for this here position of power. Know your place, boi."

:confused:

From the school:

Media Statement

After being notified of a grievance regarding upcoming student elections at Nettleton Middle School, research was conducted that evidenced that the current practices and procedures for student elections have existed for over 30 years. It is the belief of the current administration that these procedures were implemented to help ensure minority representation and involvement in the student body. It is felt the intent of these election procedures was to ensure African-American representation in each student office category through an annual rotation basis.

It is our hope and desire that these practices and procedures are no longer needed to help ensure minority representation and involvement. Furthermore, the Nettleton School District acknowledges and embraces the fact that we are growing in ethnic diversity and that the classifications of Caucasian and African-American no longer reflect our entire student body.

Therefore, beginning immediately, student elections at Nettleton School District will no longer have a classification of ethnicity. It is our intent that each student has equal opportunity to seek election for any student office. Future student elections will be monitored to help ensure that this change in process and procedure does not adversely affect minority representation in student elections.

Thank you

Superintendent

Russell Taylor"

Can I get a link to that? I want to post that to my page on Facebook.

You know, this is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

BTW, according to MSNBC, the school is going to reverse this policy.

It sounds as if they alternate years as to which "race" can run for which office. Some woman is pulling her kid out of the school because the only "races" allowed to run are black or white and her child is half Native American.

From the school:

Media Statement

Thank you

Superintendent

Russell Taylor"

Can I get a link to that? I want to post that to my page on Facebook.

Sorry, I usually post these things.

Media Statement

was just about to post this myself. can't believe this crap is going on still

Forum List

Back