H1n1

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
My wife and I got the vaccine. We are going to Cancun for vacation shortly.

What do you all think of the H1N1 issue and the vaccine?

I'd say most of my students have either had it or been exposed. Same with me. I'll opt out, though the schools is following the county line of pushing it, 'when available.'

How is that possible H1N1 is relatively new?

Not really. Started early last spring. Reprieve over summer, to an extent. It was still there, but the kids weren't in as close of contact. Now they are. We're averaging 2-3 out at a time. It's not yet normal flu, so assumption is that it's H1N!. So far, 2-3 days out.

I might call the ill-informed but I wouldn't call them stupid. Side effects should always be a concern to parents when considering giving their children a new vaccine or drug. No one wants their child to be first in line for something new, and possibly dangerous.

What they don't get is that this is simply a flu vaccine like any other. It's made the same way using the same process. The only difference is that they had to make the protein component that triggers an anti-body reaction in your immune system, from scratch this year. Hell by next year, when it's not such a rush job, it'll probably simply be added in with the seasonal flu shot.

I do think the issue has been blown out of proportion. Granted it is effecting the young instead of the old which is a switch but realistically there have been far few deaths from H1N1 than there are typically from the seasonal flu. It's just news because it's young people and it's something new.

I might call the ill-informed but I wouldn't call them stupid. Side effects should always be a concern to parents when considering giving their children a new vaccine or drug. No one wants their child to be first in line for something new, and possibly dangerous.

What they don't get is that this is simply a flu vaccine like any other. It's made the same way using the same process. The only difference is that they had to make the protein component that triggers an anti-body reaction in your immune system, from scratch this year. Hell by next year, when it's not such a rush job, it'll probably simply be added in with the seasonal flu shot.

I do think the issue has been blown out of proportion. Granted it is effecting the young instead of the old which is a switch but realistically there have been far few deaths from H1N1 than there are typically from the seasonal flu. It's just news because it's young people and it's something new.

Actually I think stupid is pretty accurate.

What's hard to understand. They are injected with a dead virus, so antibodies for that virus will be created, and the body will be able to battle and kill the real virus if it's gotten.

The concept really isn't that hard to grasp.

New Topics

Forum List

Back