H1N1 Vaccine

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
After patiently waiting, I was able to get the H1N1 vaccine this morning. My school had 500 vaccines to administer on a first come, first served basis to all people involved in health care. Occupational health for our hospital and it's affiliates has been out of all forms of the flu vaccine for two months now and it appears that it will not get anymore of the seasonal flu vaccine at all, so I guess the H1N1 vaccine will be my "flu shot" for this season.

So I got the shot version and so far have not felt the effects of ataxia, Guillien Barre, avian flu, Government mind control, autism, demonic voices, sudden death, or any of the other adverse effects the anti-vaccine people have warned me about.

However, if I do, you all will be the first to know (provided I can walk forward and type).

On a side note, make up your own mind about the vaccine, but I just got off a rotation where the admission floor was being swamped with H1N1. This strain is not the "superflu" from "The Stand", but is is a much more virulent form of the flu than the seasonal flu (it is not the same) and has the tendency to make people very sick.

After patiently waiting, I was able to get the H1N1 vaccine this morning. My school had 500 vaccines to administer on a first come, first served basis to all people involved in health care. Occupational health for our hospital and it's affiliates has been out of all forms of the flu vaccine for two months now and it appears that it will not get anymore of the seasonal flu vaccine at all, so I guess the H1N1 vaccine will be my "flu shot" for this season.

So I got the shot version and so far have not felt the effects of ataxia, Guillien Barre, avian flu, Government mind control, autism, demonic voices, sudden death, or any of the other adverse effects the anti-vaccine people have warned me about.

However, if I do, you all will be the first to know (provided I can walk forward and type).

On a side note, make up your own mind about the vaccine, but I just got off a rotation where the admission floor was being swamped with H1N1. This strain is not the "superflu" from "The Stand", but is is a much more virulent form of the flu than the seasonal flu (it is not the same) and has the tendency to make people very sick.
When you get to the FEMA camp, please email me the address. I'd like to stay in touch.

One of my kids had a seizure about 24 hours after taking the H1N1 vaccine. He's never had a seizure until now. Now we get to take him to get an EEG and an MRI. Scary stuff.

One of my kids had a seizure about 24 hours after taking the H1N1 vaccine. He's never had a seizure until now. Now we get to take him to get an EEG and an MRI. Scary stuff.

Keep us updated on his status.

I can't imagine any reason why the vaccination would have caused a seizure.

Age? Fever? Other medical problems? Shot or nasal vaccine?

Very curious. Best of luck to you and him.

Are you posting from the hospital then? Is he ok?

Prayers.

They are giving out the shots for free at my daughters school. I asked her doctor yesterday about her getting the shot (since she has strep throat) and she said to wait 10 more days. Then she said it shouldn't be a problem, since they won't have that many doses to give all the students by then.

In the past 24 hours I've heard the mortality rate on H1N1 is lower than normal flu. It's been unpredictable. Flu season hasn't begun yet, but this sucker is hitting now. Out of 22 kindergarteners, 14 were out today. PS similar. 1st grade had 6 out. 2nd, 3. 3rd grade 2, 4th grade 1. 5th grade all there. 6th grade 5 out of 15. 7th grade 1 out. 8th grade 2 out.

When you get to the FEMA camp, please email me the address. I'd like to stay in touch.

Hopefully we are close. We can play spade and mock the snipers in the guard towers (under our breaths of course).

Hopefully we are close. We can play spade and mock the snipers in the guard towers (under our breaths of course).
Cool :)

In the past 24 hours I've heard the mortality rate on H1N1 is lower than normal flu. It's been unpredictable. Flu season hasn't begun yet, but this sucker is hitting now. Out of 22 kindergarteners, 14 were out today. PS similar. 1st grade had 6 out. 2nd, 3. 3rd grade 2, 4th grade 1. 5th grade all there. 6th grade 5 out of 15. 7th grade 1 out. 8th grade 2 out.

I haven't heard that the mortality rate is lower. At all. From anyone. Where'd you hear that?

It's actually been hitting the population since last flu season.

Many people got H1N1 over the summer. My classmate was one of them.

And in fact, since they aren't even testing for it unless people are in the hospital (not in the clinics) they have no idea what the incidence is.

Indeed. Luckily it's not nearly as 'deadly' as predicted. But it's not normal flu, that's for certain.

I had it too. My son is just getting over it.

He won't take his daughter in to get her vaccination, she's not 2 yet.

My kids had the nasal innoculation on Monday.

Forum List

Back