H.R. 5353 - The War is Making You Poor Act

He lost me with the absurd claim that we outspend the rest of the world combined, and then showing a chart that proved he was wrong. The guy does not understand even the most basic math, I would doubt any of his actual figures.

its well known we spend more than the rest of the world combined...

It is also well known that the moon is made out of green cheese.

Did you look at his fucking pie chart? It clearly shows that we spend less than 50% of the total spending in the world, therefore we do not spend more than the rest of the world combined.

anyone knocking the video goign to actually comment? how much should we limit spending at? should the military get to spend whatever it wants?

I did comment. His fundamental assumption is wrong by his own chart. Therefore any conclusion he comes to as a result of starting from the wrong place.

We have spend 1005 BILLION dollars so far on Iraq and Afghanistan.

To put that into some perspective?

38 states in the USA have borrowed about 3% of that amount of money to fund their unemployment payments since the economic meltdown.

Think about that for a second.

We spend 30 years worth of unemployment insurance in these Asian land war misadventures.

anyone knocking the video goign to actually comment? how much should we limit spending at? should the military get to spend whatever it wants?

You would think those who claim to be so concerned with fiscal responsibility would be seeking to hedge the military first. It is, after all, FAR better than half of our discretionary spending.

"FOOD FOR THOUGHT":

"The financial cost of the War on Poverty has been enormous. Between 1965 and 2000 welfare spending cost taxpayers $8.29 trillion (in constant 2000 dollars). By contrast, the cost to the United States of fighting World War II was $3.3 trillion (expressed in 2000 dollars). Thus, the cost of the War on Poverty has been more than twice the price tag for defeating Germany and Japan in World War II, after adjusting for inflation."

SOURCE

A little down-To-Earth reality here for some of you.

Wait a minute....I thought that Boyking was going to end the deployment in Iraq and bring the troops home. :eusa_think:

What happened?

PolitiFact | Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq - Obama promise No. 126:

He's workin' on it. C'mon Duderino, you know as well as the rest of us that shit quagmire is gonna be harder to get out of than just saying the words.

But then that would suppose we ever got out of ANY country we ever liberated...wouldn't it?

Your knowledge of history (Or lack therof) shows.

Last edited:
Wait a minute....I thought that Boyking was going to end the deployment in Iraq and bring the troops home. :eusa_think:

What happened?

He's workin' on it. C'mon Duderino, you know as well as the rest of us that shit quagmire is gonna be harder to get out of than just saying the words.

But then that would suppose we ever got out of ANY country we ever liberated...wouldn't it?

Incoherent. "That [what?] would suppose we ever got out of ANY country we ever liberated [who's talking about any other country we've liberated]... Wouldn't it [Wouldn't what?]?

Your knowledge of history [who's talking about history?] (or lack thereof [of course inject a bit of ad homonym to make your non-point]) shows."

Incoherent. "That [what?] would suppose we ever got out of ANY country we ever liberated [who's talking about any other country we've liberated]... Wouldn't it [Wouldn't what?]?

Your knowledge of history [who's talking about history?] (or lack thereof [of course inject a bit of ad homonym to make your non-point]) shows."

Thanks for the NON-Answer. I highlighted it earlier with a link *YOU* have yet to address chock full of little factoids that torpedo you.

Carry on.

Thanks for the NON-Answer. I highlighted it earlier with a link *YOU* have yet to address chock full of little factoids that torpedo you.

Carry on.

OK, I literally have NO FUCKING CLUE what the hell you're talking about, so, yeah, you carry on as well.

What happened?

Well, there's Germany...Umm, no.
Uhh, Japan?....Nope.
Umm, Korea?...Uh-uh.
The Balkans?...Nah!

Hell, the American military didn't even leave Cuba, even though they fell under communist rule!

To be fair, though, they did vacate Clark AFB...But only after Mt. Pinatubo buried it under 20 feet of pyroclast. :lol:

Well, there's Germany...Umm, no.
Uhh, Japan?....Nope.
Umm, Korea?...Uh-uh.
The Balkans?...Nah!

Hell, the American military didn't even leave Cuba, even though they fell under communist rule!

To be fair, though, they did vacate Clark AFB...But only after Mt. Pinatubo buried it under 20 feet of pyroclast. :lol:

Well? I sure cannot REP you at this time...but I can sure THANK YOU...which *I* have.

Carry on.

OK, I literally have NO FUCKING CLUE what the hell you're talking about, so, yeah, you carry on as well.

As a matter of course you don't know what I'm speaking to. And it serves me to make my point.

Thanks for playing. Your parting gifts are in the rear of the stage.

Enjoy them.

Forum List

Back