H.R.3806 — One Subject at a Time Act

Oct 8, 2009
I thought it might be kind of cool to see if there are bills that both Dems and GOP support... kind of 'if we can agree, why can't congress' kind of thing.

So, to start with: Bill HR 3806 - One Subject at a Time Act

What does it do: To end the practice of including more than one subject in a single bill by requiring that each bill enacted by Congress be limited to only one subject, and for other purposes.

The 'no piggybacking' bill.

I support it. Far too often, bills are used by partisan hacks in congress to force the other side to vote against a good bill because of the shit that gets tacked on. This, in turn, leads one side to accuse the other of some bullshit... a classic example is 'the XXX hate the troops because they voted down XXX'. I think this disgusting, divisive practice is used to divide Americans and divert attention from our utterly incompetent congress critters.

Read the bill:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-...by-requiring-that-each-bill-ena/#.Ty2q48X86_g

So, guy... what say you? One subject at a time... or bullshit as usual?

Last edited:
  • Banned
We gotta have bills about rules about bills?

:confused:

I Hate Government.

:evil:

I sooooo do not disagree with that... but apparently, we must have bills to control our critters from their dishonest partisan hackery. Go figure.

I thought it might be kind of cool to see if there are bills that both Dems and GOP support... kind of 'if we can agree, why can't congress' kind of thing.

What does it do: To end the practice of including more than one subject in a single bill by requiring that each bill enacted by Congress be limited to only one subject, and for other purposes.

I support it. Far too often, bills are used by partisan hacks in congress to force the other side to vote against a good bill because of the shit that gets tacked on. This, in turn, leads one side to accuse the other of some bullshit... a classic example is 'the XXX hate the troops because they voted down XXX'. I think this disgusting, divisive practice is used to divide Americans and divert attention from our utterly incompetent congress critters.

Read the bill:

The bill H.R.3806 from congress to force congress not to be corrupt: One Subject at a Time Act – To end the practice of including more than one subject in a single bill by requiring that each bill enacted by Congress be limited to only one subj

I agree with this one issue one bill. if it does not have a direct contection with the bill it should never be amended with the bill.

Read the bill:

The bill H.R.3806 from congress to force congress not to be corrupt: One Subject at a Time Act – To end the practice of including more than one subject in a single bill by requiring that each bill enacted by Congress be limited to only one subj

:eusa_shhh:

How do I get my bridge? The marble steps to my jacuzzi?

This is too much common sense and therefore will not be supported. I hate to be that cynical, but that is todays reality. While it may receive support from both sides, not in any meaningful numbers. It might have well been sent to the senate, a going nowhere body.

Maybe it would stop them from voting for it before they were against it.

The only effective deterrent is the threat of a Hot Poker in the Ass.

Or, the threat of getting their ass kicked out of their cushy life in DC.

:eusa_hand:

BOTH?

Let's face it; the American constituancy is fundamentally retarded: Every 2-4 years they vote for allowing people to reach into their pockets, and take their money because they promise to make their lives better.

We deserve what we get, and what we get is what we vote for.

I think that's a great idea. If a bill can't survive an up/down vote on its own, it doesn't deserve to be a law.

I agree. And it would take away one of the sticks that both sides use to beat the other with.
As well as eliminate a lot of bullshit pork.

You people are naive if you think the guys who make the rules about bills would write a bill in which they couldn't get around the rules.

The only thing that will get rid of a lot of pork will be the invasion of a barbarian hoard of Islamists.

Perhaps we should picket Congress, singing (to the tune of 'one day at a time, sweet Jesus)

One bill at a time, damned Congress
That's what we're demanding of you.
Just give us the bill
You know the drill
One bill at a time.

Forum List

Back