H.R. 1207 - Audit The Fed

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Last edited:
Nobody thinks we have a right to know exactly what the Federal Reserve is doing to our currency?

I think this is a great idea, and should have been done all along. The Federal Reserve is one of the most difficult entities in the world to get information about, and given their role in this country their secrecy is unacceptable.

I'm a strong supporter of 1207, submitted 27 local petittion to Frankenstein and Boxer so far. I'm hoping to get more this upcoming weekend but we will see..

There are now 42 co-sponsors to this bill. Anybody that talks of wanting more oversight should be supporting this bill, and telling their Representative to co-sponsor it. A companion bill has also been introduced in the Senate, S. 604 or the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act.

I'm surprised Ron Paul is still alive. He keeps trying to expose the corruption, but somehow the media and our leaders keep shutting him down.

Eh, the media gives him airtime.

Obviously the time he gets is received more favorably by the anchors and pundits now that he's not up for election. I mean, even someone who competes in the special olympics would be able to recognize THAT.

Congressman Ron Paul's Federal Reserve Transparency Act, HR 1207, has reached and surpassed the level of 218 cosponsors in the House of Representatives, which means it is now cosponsored by a majority of the members.

The 218th cosponsor was Dennis Kucinich (OH-10), and the bill has since received its 222nd cosponsor.

Paul (TX14) - Press Releases - Audit the Fed Bill Reaches Crucial Benchmark

Now that we've got a majority of the House to support this bill it could be taken out of committee and brought directly to the floor for debate with a discharge petition.

Why hasn't this been brought to the floor yet if it has all these co-sponsors? :eusa_eh:

this is hitting the core of the corrupt politicians and entire system our government works on. the international banks that own our country (including the fed) will have the dollar destroyed before they give up their power.

Why hasn't this been brought to the floor yet if it has all these co-sponsors? :eusa_eh:

Well they just had hearings on it, so that's certainly a good sign. However, they're trying to add it to a bill that also gives more power to the Fed, which Ron Paul is opposing. We need this to pass as a stand alone bill.

Forum List

Back