H.R. 1, the “For the People Act” and “Presidential Tax Transparency”

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
House Dems target Trump tax returns as part of lead-off ethics package

House Democrats are targeting President Trump’s tax returns as part of a broad ethics reform package that amounts to their first major piece of legislation since reclaiming the majority this week.

“Requires sitting Presidents and Vice Presidents, as well as candidates for the Presidency and Vice-Presidency to release their tax returns,” the bill’s “Presidential Tax Transparency” section reads.

The reform package, H.R. 1, the “For the People Act,” also aims to “end the dominance of big money” and “reduce the role of money” in politics, by requiring political organizations to disclose their big-money contributors and donors, introduces a multiple-matching system for small political donations to “break special interests’,” and tightens rules of super PACs.

The bill also bans foreign contributions in campaigns and requires PACs and organizations to disclose the identities of their donors who contribute more than $10,000.

----------------------

OH

MY

GOD!!!!!!!

It looks like Democrats mean business.

Thank God,
It's about time!!!!!!!!!!

Good. Presidential candidates should release their tax returns.

I just think that is stupid. I have always wondered why they do that mess.

If they really gave a shit it would be for all 3 branches.
But they dont. This is nothing more than grandstanding and disingenuous bullshit directed towards our peaches in chief

• Banned

You mean besides subpoena power.

Reminds me of once I was at a currency exchange. When I walked in, this old lady was giving the woman behind the glass a really hard time. She said I want talk to your boss. The lady behind the glass said I am the boss. The old lady said you better call your boss if you know what's good for you and the woman behind the glass said, "Rubbish, you have no power here, begone, before somebody drops a house on you!"

Well, Democrats are about to drop a house on Trump. It's called subpoena power.

You mean besides subpoena power.

Reminds me of once I was at a currency exchange. When I walked in, this old lady was giving the woman behind the glass a really hard time. She said I want talk to your boss. The lady behind the glass said I am the boss. The old lady said you better call your boss if you know what's good for you and the woman behind the glass said, "Rubbish, you have no power here, begone, before somebody drops a house on you!"

Well, Democrats are about to drop a house on Trump. It's called subpoena power.

How'd that subpoena power work out for Trey Gowdy, Gomer Pyle?

I think they also need to justify why they only make on average $145,000 but all seem to have several homes they can't afford.
$145k is only enough to afford one home, much less several.
And the fact that Obama came to Washington practically broke but now is a multi-millionaire, that just doesn't seem legitimate.

House Dems target Trump tax returns as part of lead-off ethics package

House Democrats are targeting President Trump’s tax returns as part of a broad ethics reform package that amounts to their first major piece of legislation since reclaiming the majority this week.

“Requires sitting Presidents and Vice Presidents, as well as candidates for the Presidency and Vice-Presidency to release their tax returns,” the bill’s “Presidential Tax Transparency” section reads.

The reform package, H.R. 1, the “For the People Act,” also aims to “end the dominance of big money” and “reduce the role of money” in politics, by requiring political organizations to disclose their big-money contributors and donors, introduces a multiple-matching system for small political donations to “break special interests’,” and tightens rules of super PACs.

The bill also bans foreign contributions in campaigns and requires PACs and organizations to disclose the identities of their donors who contribute more than $10,000.

----------------------

OH

MY

GOD!!!!!!!

It looks like Democrats mean business.

Thank God,
It's about time!!!!!!!!!!

House Democrats ...… broad ethics reform package

What is irony?

giphy.gif

Presidential candidates should release their college transcripts, college funding sources, passport applications, selective service registration, and Social Security card application.
Presidential candidates have been releasing their tax returns for over 40 years. Trump broke the tradition. Congress should reinstate it.

Presidential candidates should release their college transcripts, college funding sources, passport applications, selective service registration, and Social Security card application.
Presidential candidates have been releasing their tax returns for over 40 years. Trump broke the tradition. Congress should reinstate it.
Don't care....There's no law that requires it, just like there's no law requiring the release of all the documents that I listed.

The bill is going nowhere...Suck it.

Don't care....There's no law that requires it, just like there's no law requiring the release of all the documents that I listed.

The bill is going nowhere...Suck it.
The tradition was started after Watergate for transparency purposes. What do you have against openness and transparency? If I am going to vote for a president I want as much information as possible.

College transcripts? Why? Who cares?

You mean make it law.

Ironic is that is started with Mitt Romney's father. And Mitt Romney also refused to release his tax returns.
What is it about Republicans and fear of exposure? After they dragged the Clintons through the mud for 30 years?

Forum List

Back