H.R. 1, “Tax cuts and jobs act”

All of us middle class should keep our tax money and pool it and help the needy, since they are taking away healthcare, defunding HUD, have not funded Chip yet (heard they are keeping that as a bargaining chip) , I mean if the congress does not help the needy maybe we should. F...K Trump and the GOP. Lets see who wins here.

why not support states rights as Republicans do so each state could have its own welfare system or lack thereof. That way you would be free to move to or from a communist state. That is the way our system is supposed to work and why we don't have a national govt; only a federal one.

Maj. of us are, the maj. of us work and pay taxes. Maj of us liberals , as you call us, are not anal retentive with our money.

where in Constitution does it say libcommie govt is to render judgement about when a person is anal retentive with his money and thus should be taxed to a level equal to what a non anal person would find appropriate?

in a free country you should be allowed to spend 100% of your money on the poor but not dictate to others what they should spend. You should be allowed to encourage them to pay 100% or any % but not force them at libcommie gun point to pay what you want. Do you understand?
Why is the liberal solution always violent?

Last edited:
they love using that argument. the reality is that a) most "family farms" have been shut down and farming is now done at industrial scale; and b) the estate tax really only affects a limited number of people in this country... and it isn't farmers.
Regarding tax deductions for state and local taxes, (i.e. SALT):
Entire eliminating tax deductions for SALT? ... I am not among those that believe our nation would be better served by entirely eliminating federal income deductions for SALT. It's been suggested that Congress's goals could essentially be accomplished by capping each taxpayer's SALT deduction and pegging all finite dollar tax deductions such as the standard deductions or this proposed SALT deduction to annual cost-of-living adjustments. ...
Jillian, congress continues to look through the wrong end of the telescope.
Respectfully, Supposn

they love using that argument. the reality is that a) most "family farms" have been shut down and farming is now done at industrial scale; and b) the estate tax really only affects a limited number of people in this country... and it isn't farmers.
Regarding tax deductions for state and local taxes, (i.e. SALT):
Entire eliminating tax deductions for SALT? ... I am not among those that believe our nation would be better served by entirely eliminating federal income deductions for SALT. It's been suggested that Congress's goals could essentially be accomplished by capping each taxpayer's SALT deduction and pegging all finite dollar tax deductions such as the standard deductions or this proposed SALT deduction to annual cost-of-living adjustments. ...
Jillian, congress continues to look through the wrong end of the telescope.
Respectfully, Supposn

this congress? the GOP hacks? I agree.

what do you suggest?

what do you suggest?
Entire eliminating tax deductions for SALT?
Eliminating federal income taxes deductions proportional to state and local taxes,(i.e. SALT) was inserted within proposed tax bill, for the purpose of reducing the decade's net federal budget 's deficits if the tax bill is enacted. Congress has restricted the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act's”, (if the bill's enacted), not to exceed $1.5 trillion dollars, (i.e.$1,500,000,000,000.00) net anticipated increased federal debts over the next decade. ...
… It's been suggested that Congress's goals could essentially be accomplished by capping each taxpayer's SALT deduction and pegging all finite dollar tax deductions such as the standard deductions or this proposed SALT deduction to annual cost-of-living adjustments. ...
Additionally, the sum of an individual taxpayers' entire personal, (rather than commercial) SALTs, (including home real-estate taxes) could be capped; that entire cap should be annually cost of living adjusted.
Respectfully, Supposn

what do you suggest?
Eliminating federal income taxes deductions proportional to state and local taxes,(i.e. SALT) was inserted within proposed tax bill, for the purpose of reducing the decade's net federal budget 's deficits if the tax bill is enacted. Congress has restricted the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act's”, (if the bill's enacted), not to exceed $1.5 trillion dollars, (i.e.$1,500,000,000,000.00) net anticipated increased federal debts over the next decade. ...
… It's been suggested that Congress's goals could essentially be accomplished by capping each taxpayer's SALT deduction and pegging all finite dollar tax deductions such as the standard deductions or this proposed SALT deduction to annual cost-of-living adjustments. ...
Additionally, the sum of an individual taxpayers' entire personal, (rather than commercial) SALTs, (including home real-estate taxes) could be capped; that entire cap should be annually cost of living adjusted.
Respectfully, Supposn

why do you keep talking about SALT? are you not able to respond to what I posted?

what do you suggest?
Respectfully, Supposn

why do you keep talking about SALT? are you not able to respond to what I posted?
Jillian, Republicans are the majority of both houses and they have the White House. They're now reconciling differences between the bills from the two chambers.

The only thing Democrats can do is to suggest compromises and modifications to a reconciled bill that's of less harm and/or of more benefit to our nation. Assuming that all Democrats act in unison and they all agree upon the modified point on the Senate floor vote, they only need 3 Republican senators to vote along with them.

I suggested reducing rather than eliminating the SALT deductions as such a modification for improvement of the bill that might peel off 3 Republican Senators' votes and won't lose Democratic unity when the votes are counted.

We cannot change the past. The future will not change the present. At this time we should do what's best for our nation's future.

Jillian, which post and what proposal are you referring to?

Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back