Gypsies are a persecuted minority now they are fighting back

Are you claiming they are all exactly alike?
No they are not all like identical twins if that's what you mean.

Your statement merely shows you know no Gypsies

I said that I didn't think I did, so what are you arguing with me about? I said that I would not judge one before knowing anything about the individual.
Who's arguing? You said you don't know any Gypsies and I said that's obvious.

That's it.

How is it obvious? Because I'm not willing to lump people I don't know into one category and consider all of these people to be criminals? I think every person is an individual. Some might be criminals, others are not.
Get off your self-righteous high horse. You have been sensitized to the point of desensitivity. Not all rats are infected with the bubonic plague, but that doesn't mean I'd play with them.

Well, you would treat any stranger with some caution, do you have any experience with Gypsies?

I don't think I know any gypsies, but if I did, I would certainly give them the benefit of the doubt and not make any presumptions about them before I knew anything about them personally.

Youve never seen the Kardashians ????

What does that have to do with anything? Sorry, I'm not a racist. :dunno: I see people as just people, and I don't lump all people into one category or another. Some of you really need to grow the hell up.

I have nothing against Gypsies, that was just me not being serious. thought you might catch that?

Well, how should I know?

I don't think I know any gypsies, but if I did, I would certainly give them the benefit of the doubt and not make any presumptions about them before I knew anything about them personally.

Youve never seen the Kardashians ????

What does that have to do with anything? Sorry, I'm not a racist. :dunno: I see people as just people, and I don't lump all people into one category or another. Some of you really need to grow the hell up.

I have nothing against Gypsies, that was just me not being serious. thought you might catch that?

Well, how should I know?

:wink_2: I think you were supposed to read my mind. why didn't you??? :nono:

(my bad )

No they are not all like identical twins if that's what you mean.

Your statement merely shows you know no Gypsies

I said that I didn't think I did, so what are you arguing with me about? I said that I would not judge one before knowing anything about the individual.
Who's arguing? You said you don't know any Gypsies and I said that's obvious.

That's it.

How is it obvious? Because I'm not willing to lump people I don't know into one category and consider all of these people to be criminals? I think every person is an individual. Some might be criminals, others are not.
Get off your self-righteous high horse. You have been sensitized to the point of desensitivity. Not all rats are infected with the bubonic plague, but that doesn't mean I'd play with them.

Well, you would treat any stranger with some caution, do you have any experience with Gypsies?
There are degrees of caution. I live in the Czech Republic now and have spent about 43 years in Europe. Does that answer your question?

Most of them I know here in the US are white people. You wouldnt be able to tell they were gypsies

46257171.cached.jpg

The rightfully deserve persecution.
Gypsies are despised even by the European left, which is no mean feat.

Racially, they are a diaspora people from India. They have tight in-group networks and morally disregard anyone outside the group. Stealing and scamming the rest of us is not seen as problematic.

The rightfully deserve persecution.

Maybe some fringe groups do that, but many gypsies are more or less integrated into the societies they live in. I dont have any tight in group networks nor do I disregard outsiders or think you can scamm them and its not immoral.

Well Its ok to be careful/cautious. But to reject everyone because of his ancestry per se is wrong. Example: One guy refused to shake my hand because Im a Gypsy. He said "I dont shake hands with Gypsies". Eventhough I think I fit in with civilised western society. One guy here said "they are rightfully persecuted" cant agree with that. I never harmed someone but was often racially abused, so that means all the things which happened to me were rightfull.

Most of them I know here in the US are white people. You wouldnt be able to tell they were gypsies

46257171.cached.jpg

Depends, the Romanichal are white but there are also Eastern European Gypsies in the USA. There are also more or less mixed ones but in most cases you see "they are something else then white" / dont fit really with white and have more or less dark pigmentation, they are from india but some mixed with europeans more or less.

Here are non-white gypsies from USA

She is from Romania and is on a scholarship in USA

Gypsy Miami Wedding (they are all non-white like eastern european gypsies)

46257171.cached.jpg

I heard people saying the "Gypsies in USA" are "white people" or that there are "no Gypsies in USA at all". This depends, the "white gypsies" are the romanichal and northern european gypsies they are 85%+ European usually and only residual southasian, they are europeanised by that point, and colonial american gypsies. But there were lots of gypsy migration waves to USA in the 18th/19th/early 20th century many came from eastern europe with the abolishment of servitude in Eastern Europe and after the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Those are average Gypsies.

Some Information on Gypsy Immigration to USA
It is estimated that there are one million Romani people in the United States. Though the Romani population in the United States has assimilated into American society, the largest concentrations are in Southern California, the Pacific Northwest, Texas and the Northeast as well as in cities such as Chicago and St. Louis.[1][2] The Romani, ethnically and genealogically different from other Europeans, began settling in America in the mid-19th century.

The largest wave of Romani immigrants came after the abolition of Romani slavery in Romania in 1864. Romani immigration to the United States has continued at a steady rate ever since, though a large-scale surge of Romani immigration followed the 1989 collapse of Communism in Central and Eastern Europe.[1]

Due both to the size of the American Romani population and the absence of a historical and cultural presence, such as the Romani have in Europe, Americans are largely unaware of the existence of the Romani as a people.[1] Due to the term's lack of significance within the United States, many Romani do not use the term around non-Romani: identifying themselves by nationality rather than heritage.[3] The U.S. Census does not distinguish Romani as a group, since it is neither a nationality nor a religion.[1]

Migration to the USA[edit]

Distribution of Romani Americans according to the 2000 census and other resources interpreted by the U.S. English Foundation[citation needed]
The Romanichal, the first Romani group to arrive in North America in large numbers, came to America from the British Isles around 1850. Eastern European Romani, the ancestors of most of the Romani population in the United States today, began immigrating to the United States on a large scale over the latter half of the century, following their liberation from slavery in Romania. This wave of Romani immigration comprised Romani-speaking peoples like the Kalderash, Machvaya, Lovari and Churari, as well as ethnically Romani groups that had integrated more within the Central and Eastern European societies, such as the Boyash (Ludari) of Romania and the Bashalde of Slovakia.[15] Romani immigration, like all Central and Eastern European migration, was severely limited during the Soviet era in Central and Eastern Europe, but picked up again in the 1990s after the fall of the Eastern Bloc.

Groups[edit]
Ludar: Hailing from North of the Balkans, Hungary, and the Banat, the Ludari, also known as Rudari, Boyash, or Banyash, are a subculture of Romani who arrived during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.[16]
Hungarian-Slovak Romani: The Romani of Northern Hungary largely settled in industrial cities of the Northern United States near the turn of the century. Among Romani from these areas were Olah, Romungre, and Bashalde immigrants. They were noted for their musical traditions and popularized Romani music in the United States by performing in cafes, night clubs and restaurants. Their prevalence in show business made Hungarian-Slovak Romani the most visible of the Romani groups arriving in America at the turn of the century and helped to shape the modern American idea of a Romani.[16]

Forum List

Back