Gypsies are a persecuted minority now they are fighting back

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
I think the essence of this is the following

Marafioti says, she chose being Romani as the subject of her 2012 book, American Gypsy: A Memoir . It was a nerve-wracking undertaking for someone who rarely revealed her ethnicity beforehand, but she hoped to just change one mind into thinking, “Well look, they’re just like everyone else,” Marafioti says. “I want for people to understand behind the word Gypsy there’s an actual human being and there’s a diversity in human life.”
American Gypsies Are a Persecuted Minority That Is Starting to Fight Back

Gypsies are despised even by the European left, which is no mean feat.

Racially, they are a diaspora people from India. They have tight in-group networks and morally disregard anyone outside the group. Stealing and scamming the rest of us is not seen as problematic.

The rightfully deserve persecution.

I don't think I know any gypsies, but if I did, I would certainly give them the benefit of the doubt and not make any presumptions about them before I knew anything about them personally.

And as you're walking away from them on the street sans your purse, you can congratulate yourself on what a tolerant, open-minded white woman you are.

I don't think I know any gypsies, but if I did, I would certainly give them the benefit of the doubt and not make any presumptions about them before I knew anything about them personally.

And as you're walking away from them on the street sans your purse, you can congratulate yourself on what a tolerant, open-minded white woman you are.

Come on. Don't be silly. Everyone is an individual, except the people here on the site who congregate in the flamer zone all day long. :D

As you said, you don't know any Gypsies. That much is obvious.

Are you claiming they are all exactly alike?
No they are not all like identical twins if that's what you mean.

Your statement merely shows you know no Gypsies

I said that I didn't think I did, so what are you arguing with me about? I said that I would not judge one before knowing anything about the individual.

I said that I didn't think I did, so what are you arguing with me about? I said that I would not judge one before knowing anything about the individual.
Who's arguing? You said you don't know any Gypsies and I said that's obvious.

That's it.

That's it.

How is it obvious? Because I'm not willing to lump people I don't know into one category and consider all of these people to be criminals? I think every person is an individual. Some might be criminals, others are not.

That's it.

How is it obvious? Because I'm not willing to lump people I don't know into one category and consider all of these people to be criminals? I think every person is an individual. Some might be criminals, others are not.
Get off your self-righteous high horse. You have been sensitized to the point of desensitivity. Not all rats are infected with the bubonic plague, but that doesn't mean I'd play with them.

That's it.

Get off your self-righteous high horse. You have been sensitized to the point of desensitivity. Not all rats are infected with the bubonic plague, but that doesn't mean I'd play with them.

You don't make any sense. I only said that I don't think I know any gypsies, but I wouldn't just assume that one that I did meet was a criminal. I said nothing else. So what are you arguing about?

This notion that "we're all just individuals" has gone way, way, waaaaaaayyyy too freakin' far in the Western mind.

Groups are also real.

Races are real.

And group and racial differences... are real.

The fact that you can take GROUP GENERALIZATION to an extreme doesn't mean that it's not true at some level.

Youve never seen the Kardashians ????

63f432efead6fb759ee6afa1463857b3.jpg

This notion that "we're all just individuals" has gone way, way, waaaaaaayyyy too freakin' far in the Western mind.

Groups are also real.

Races are real.

And group and racial differences... are real.

The fact that you can take GROUP GENERALIZATION to an extreme doesn't mean that it's not true at some level.

Groups are real? Oh my, mind blowing. Lol. Yes, a lot of you here certainly take group generalizations to the extreme. This is 2016, not 1930.

What does that have to do with anything? Sorry, I'm not a racist. :dunno: I see people as just people, and I don't lump all people into one category or another. Some of you really need to grow the hell up.

What does that have to do with anything? Sorry, I'm not a racist. :dunno: I see people as just people, and I don't lump all people into one category or another. Some of you really need to grow the hell up.

I have nothing against Gypsies, that was just me not being serious. thought you might catch that?

Forum List

Back