gyms

Injuries suck. But learn something from an old hard-head. Let it heal. "Playing through" injuries will come back to haunt you in your mid-40s.

Yeah, that's why I've been taking it easy, and following through on physical therapy commitments. I figure in this case, better safe than sorry, and I'd rather take care of the problem the right way rather than ignore it and pay for it tenfold later.

why? he is just getting started.

hahha, yea, we need two more to make a full softball team!

Actually, my wifes last delivery was very difficult on her. She is the only woman I have truly loved, and it was extremely frightening for me when her bleeding wouldnt stop. For the first time ever I felt things, including some fear, I had never felt before. I DONT want to go throught that again, fearing she might die. I couldnt take it. She agrees, so we are looking at adopting in a year or so.

After the delivery and during the bleeding, I looked at the doctor and showed him a very anxious expression. The set up was that other doctors with less experience were learning and performing. This guy, Dr Eden was supervising. I could tell from the way the doctor who was trying to stop the bleeding, that she had never dealt with this situation before. She kept telling him she cant see where the bleeding is coming from. I looked at the doc, like, uh DUDE, my wife is bleeding to death here, DO SOMETHING!,,,,so he told one doctor to administer a drug, and it stopped the bleeding. I thanked the doctor later, as his calmness during it was the ONLY thing that stopped me from going off and demanding that someone who knew what they were doing take over.

He also later said I handled it very well, better than most. I guess it is very hard on men to see their wife bleeding like that. We think we need to protect our women, and we will go up against three NFL linebackers in a fight to prove it, but when you are helpless to do ANYTHING, oh my god, you dont want to experience that.

But anyways, take a look at that baby~ how could you not want more????

hahha, yea, we need two more to make a full softball team!

Actually, my wifes last delivery was very difficult on her. She is the only woman I have truly loved, and it was extremely frightening for me when her bleeding wouldnt stop. For the first time ever I felt things, including some fear, I had never felt before. I DONT want to go throught that again, fearing she might die. I couldnt take it. She agrees, so we are looking at adopting in a year or so.

After the delivery and during the bleeding, I looked at the doctor and showed him a very anxious expression. The set up was that other doctors with less experience were learning and performing. This guy, Dr Eden was supervising. I could tell from the way the doctor who was trying to stop the bleeding, that she had never dealt with this situation before. She kept telling him she cant see where the bleeding is coming from. I looked at the doc, like, uh DUDE, my wife is bleeding to death here, DO SOMETHING!,,,,so he told one doctor to administer a drug, and it stopped the bleeding. I thanked the doctor later, as his calmness during it was the ONLY thing that stopped me from going off and demanding that someone who knew what they were doing take over.

He also later said I handled it very well, better than most. I guess it is very hard on men to see their wife bleeding like that. We think we need to protect our women, and we will go up against three NFL linebackers in a fight to prove it, but when you are helpless to do ANYTHING, oh my god, you dont want to experience that.

But anyways, take a look at that baby~ how could you not want more????
Reminds me of when my first (son) was born. My wife started labor at 10pm, and didn't deliver until the next afternoon. She's a strong girl but just got tired out. Her primary physician (a friend of hers) let her go two weeks past the expected date, and my son was over 8 pounds, and got stuck in the birth canal. The primary, a petite redhead woman, didn’t have a clue what to do. Finally a more experienced doctor came in, an Italian descendent, about 5’6”, 180#, with huge hairy arms, put a probe on my son’s scalp to monitor heart rate, assessed the situation, them slid in forceps around his head, and leaned back while we all pushed on my wife’s belly. The primary was charged with making incisions to enlarge the opening while this was going on (which turned out to be a major hack job which didn’t get completely fixed until her second pregnancy). My son popped out with purple skin and a terrific cone shape to his head, but otherwise healthy.

Actually it depends on the type of injury. SOme heal up to never bother you again. Joint injuries haunt you. For the most part I agree.

I have a gym at home also, its called SIX kids and a wife (who is 31 and loves.... ahem!) I will stop, she does read these!

I agree. Semper Fi mentioned a shoulder. That isn't one that heals and never bothers you again. The shoulder is a delicately balanced piece of machinery that is easily thrown off-balance, and only time and some rehab that actually works is going to heal it.

There's a product that you can order from most bodybuilding magazines (and probably online) called a Shoulderhorn. It's worth evey penny paid, and the only truly effective shoulder rehab I have ever used. It works on the principle of strengthening and tightening the internal muscles of the rotator cuff.

The principle is mechanically sound, and prior to purchasing the equipment, I just mimmicked the movement. When I got good results, I then purchased the equipment. Having been in and around weighlifitng since the 70s, I am VERY gimmick-wary.

I find having about 600 lbs of Olympic weights, a heavy duty adjustable bench, and a pullup bar, a 125 heavy bag and some good running shoes to be far more cost effective and less aggravating than 6 kids.:poke:

Forum List

Back