GWB's "Decision Points" leads the book sales chart

I'm no Bush supporter, and I think he was an awful president who I only agreed on maybe 3-4 views with. I also think he was really full of shit in his book (hey what politician isn't on some level).

However to call him a war criminal is just dumb. Period.

I think Bush did a horrible job in office-but bought (and have read) the book, because I think it's important to see insight into any presidency. With that said it's full of a lot BS (as every politicians book is), but is a pretty decent read nonetheless.
Did a better job than the current idiot in the WH so far.

I disagree.
Got is into a preemptive invasion of Iraq which turned out to be for false reasons.
It was supposed to be a 6 months affair and cost no more than 80 billion.

Took a near balanced budget and spent nearly 5 trillion more in debt.

Led? us blindly into the worst recession since the great depression.
Many, many jobs lost due to offshoring.

$4+/gal of gas.

8 years of Slick Willie Boom
8 years of Boy George and now
4 years of more of the same.
The beat goes on.

I think Bush did a horrible job in office-but bought (and have read) the book, because I think it's important to see insight into any presidency. With that said it's full of a lot BS (as every politicians book is), but is a pretty decent read nonetheless.

He was an idealogue who did not know the meaning of compromise. Compromise has been the basis of our Republic since the days it was formed.

Now tell me President Obama doesn't compromise!

He was an idealogue who did not know the meaning of compromise.
Compromise has been the basis of our Republic since the days it was formed.

Now tell me President Obama doesn't compromise!
What you don't like is that Bush got a lot of what he wanted through compromise, and the obvious pattern here is that you have it exactly backwards. Please make a short list of O's policiy initiatives which through compromise were enacted into law.

Under President Bush each of the following major laws was enacted on a bipartisan vote:

" - The 2001 tax cuts;
the No Child Left Behind Act in 2001-2;
the 2002 extension of Trade Promotion Authority;
the 2003 medicare law;
the 2005 energy law focused on electricity;
the 2006 pension reform law;
the 2007 energy law focused on fuel;
the 2008 stimulus law;
the 2008 housing reform law; and
the 2008 TARP law.

President Bush also reached across party lines to reform immigration law.* His bipartisan outreach on this issue was successful, but the legislation failed due to opposition from both wings.* In that effort President Bush’s team negotiated with a broad group in the Senate, led by Senator Kennedy on the left and Senator Kyl on the right.* President Bush’s attempts deeply split his own party, yet he persisted until it became apparent there was not a 60 vote coalition to succeed. - "

Last edited:
And again the cons confuse numbers with good ideas

Nobody said ANYTHING about good ideas you dumb bitch.

If you would actually read and comprehend the post as it was written, you'd understand the point as it was intended...

But in case you are just too full of hatred for anything other than your extreme left views, I'll try to explain it in smaller words and more simplistic terms...

Are you ready? .....take a deep breath and think without spewing venom.

So many times we've heard the left bitch about what a horrible president Bush was. But, if he was so unpopular, why did so many people buy his book? Did you? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "NO". And I'll go out a bit further and assume that you didn't because you don't like the man. So, if so many think like you, why did he sell so many books?

I never said the man was chock full of great ideas. Hell, I'd be one of the first to tell you that he could have done MANY things better. But...he WAS good enough to bet re-elected. So he must have been doing SOMETHING right.

---insert "STOLEN ELECTION" lines here---

It will be interesting to see if Obama makes it to another term. If not, I guess he can always take a page from the TM book of logic....he can write a book or two...or three. And people will buy them, not because he's full of good ideas, but because he was a historical figure in America. Because as you said, numbers don't account for good ideas.

Forum List

Back