GWB's "Decision Points" leads the book sales chart

Discussion in 'Media' started by txlonghorn, Dec 21, 2010.

1. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Merry Christmas, Mr. Bush: 'Decision Points' is a big seller - USATODAY.com

Apparently there's quite a few out there who are interested in reading President Bush's account of his presidency.

Which really surprises me, seeing as how we've been told that most of the country thought he was an idiot...

or....was that just the left driven media makin shit up again?

1.75 million copies in 6 weeks...not bad for a monkey, huh?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I think Bush did a horrible job in office-but bought (and have read) the book, because I think it's important to see insight into any presidency. With that said it's full of a lot BS (as every politicians book is), but is a pretty decent read nonetheless.

3. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    This is pretty much up my alley. I thought/think Bush was a terrible President, and that's for the most part predicated on the 'War' in Iraq amd the prosecution of the WOT.

But--at the same time--he seemed like a genuienly cool guy. I'd like to literally have a few drinks with him. He's someone I could relate to on a personality level, so I'm intrigued by what happened behind the curtian regarding Irag and the 9/11 aftermath/WOT uplead.

I think the Bush II presidency is one of the most interesting terms in recent history, disregarding ideology. The waitlist at the library is insanely long, but I'm on it.

4. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    WC Fields said there is a sucker born every minute, and judging from Bush book sales he was correct!!

[​IMG]

History is likely to judge Bush most harshly for two things in particular: Launching a war against a country that had not attacked us, and approving the use of cruel and inhumane interrogation techniques.

And that's why the two most essential lies -- among the many -- in his new memoir are that he had a legitimate reason to invade Iraq, and that he had a legitimate reason to torture detainees.

Neither is remotely true. But Bush must figure that if he keeps making the case for himself -- particularly if it goes largely unrebutted by the traditional media, as it has thus far -- then perhaps he can blunt history's verdict.

The Two Most Essential, Abhorrent, Intolerable Lies Of George W. Bush's Memoir

5. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    I wonder who wrote it for the dumb motherfucker ?

6. JWBooth

JWBooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,957
    Fiction usually does lead book sales over non fiction.

7. noshocks

noshocks noshocks

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just finished reading the book and I thought it was well done. He openly admits mistakes and lays out the principles that guided him in his decisions. I didn't agree with all of his decisions and it bothers me to hear how religion played into part of his thinking at times. But having said that, I have immense respect for him. I think he genuinely cares about people and did not deserve some of the harsh criticism in the press.

As long as we feed into the efforts of the two parties to destroy each other, the longer it will take for us as a country to address our problems. You should read the portion of GW's book related to the Social Security problem. It certainly makes the point that our politicians are more concerned about themselves than addressing real issues. As long as we as an electorate allow the parties and press to play the bash the President game, rather than looking at the issues thoughtfully, we are never going to move forward for the public good.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    I wonder if his book could be used as evidence against him and Cheney if they are ever hauled into the World Court for crimes against humanity and genocide. :cool:

9. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    I have prepared thousands of cases for trial over the last 30 years. We see bogus, manufactured and false evidence all the time.
    But first of all you have to have a case. Your charges are groundless. I was not a supporter of Bush or the war but there were no crimes committed.
    Hussein was charged and convicted. Syria, Libya, Yemen, Iran, Sudan, Somalia and their leaders would be a good place for you to try and get charges against their leaders.
    That is where the crimes against humanity and genocide are happening and your side sits and does nothing.

10. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    The leaders of Syria, Libya, Yemen, Iran, Sudan, and Somalia.

Have done nothing wrong that I can see. :cool: