GWB's "Decision Points" leads the book sales chart

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
Merry Christmas, Mr. Bush: 'Decision Points' is a big seller - USATODAY.com

Apparently there's quite a few out there who are interested in reading President Bush's account of his presidency.

Which really surprises me, seeing as how we've been told that most of the country thought he was an idiot...

or....was that just the left driven media makin shit up again?

1.75 million copies in 6 weeks...not bad for a monkey, huh?

I think Bush did a horrible job in office-but bought (and have read) the book, because I think it's important to see insight into any presidency. With that said it's full of a lot BS (as every politicians book is), but is a pretty decent read nonetheless.

Apparently there's quite a few out there who are interested in reading President Bush's account of his presidency.

Which really surprises me, seeing as how we've been told that most of the country thought he was an idiot...

This is pretty much up my alley. I thought/think Bush was a terrible President, and that's for the most part predicated on the 'War' in Iraq amd the prosecution of the WOT.

But--at the same time--he seemed like a genuienly cool guy. I'd like to literally have a few drinks with him. He's someone I could relate to on a personality level, so I'm intrigued by what happened behind the curtian regarding Irag and the 9/11 aftermath/WOT uplead.

I think the Bush II presidency is one of the most interesting terms in recent history, disregarding ideology. The waitlist at the library is insanely long, but I'm on it.

WC Fields said there is a sucker born every minute, and judging from Bush book sales he was correct!!

Bush-Memoir.jpg

History is likely to judge Bush most harshly for two things in particular: Launching a war against a country that had not attacked us, and approving the use of cruel and inhumane interrogation techniques.

And that's why the two most essential lies -- among the many -- in his new memoir are that he had a legitimate reason to invade Iraq, and that he had a legitimate reason to torture detainees.

Neither is remotely true. But Bush must figure that if he keeps making the case for himself -- particularly if it goes largely unrebutted by the traditional media, as it has thus far -- then perhaps he can blunt history's verdict.

The Two Most Essential, Abhorrent, Intolerable Lies Of George W. Bush's Memoir

I just finished reading the book and I thought it was well done. He openly admits mistakes and lays out the principles that guided him in his decisions. I didn't agree with all of his decisions and it bothers me to hear how religion played into part of his thinking at times. But having said that, I have immense respect for him. I think he genuinely cares about people and did not deserve some of the harsh criticism in the press.

As long as we feed into the efforts of the two parties to destroy each other, the longer it will take for us as a country to address our problems. You should read the portion of GW's book related to the Social Security problem. It certainly makes the point that our politicians are more concerned about themselves than addressing real issues. As long as we as an electorate allow the parties and press to play the bash the President game, rather than looking at the issues thoughtfully, we are never going to move forward for the public good.

I wonder if his book could be used as evidence against him and Cheney if they are ever hauled into the World Court for crimes against humanity and genocide. :cool:

I have prepared thousands of cases for trial over the last 30 years. We see bogus, manufactured and false evidence all the time.
But first of all you have to have a case. Your charges are groundless. I was not a supporter of Bush or the war but there were no crimes committed.
Hussein was charged and convicted. Syria, Libya, Yemen, Iran, Sudan, Somalia and their leaders would be a good place for you to try and get charges against their leaders.
That is where the crimes against humanity and genocide are happening and your side sits and does nothing.

Yeah he did edge out Diary of a wimpy kid, which is #2.

I wonder if his book could be used as evidence against him and Cheney if they are ever hauled into the World Court for crimes against humanity and genocide. :cool:

I have prepared thousands of cases for trial over the last 30 years. We see bogus, manufactured and false evidence all the time.
But first of all you have to have a case. Your charges are groundless. I was not a supporter of Bush or the war but there were no crimes committed.
Hussein was charged and convicted. Syria, Libya, Yemen, Iran, Sudan, Somalia and their leaders would be a good place for you to try and get charges against their leaders.
That is where the crimes against humanity and genocide are happening and your side sits and does nothing.

People are buying that book because they want to know why thousands of Americans are dead and tens of thousands maimed for life and why our country's treasury was depleted.

Iraq was the "Republican" war.

They stood by as the Christian population in Iraq dropped from 1.4 million to 4 hundred thousand. Many of those maimed and murdered.

They stood by as the gays were systematically rounded up and tortured and killed (although many right wingers might see that as a "silver lining".)

They stood by as women were forced to live under Sharia law and have gone from "western" garb to "burkas". There is now a Valium epidemic in Iraq because women are in such despair, having lost their jobs and futures, they drug themselves senseless.

They stood by as the Iraqi's wrote Islam into the constitution as the "national religion" and proclaimed, "by constitution" that all legislation is based on "Islam". They said Iraqis have a right to have their own government. Well, they had it and we destroyed it without them even asking for our help.

They stood by as billions of US dollars simply "disappeared".

They stood by as soldiers were electrocuted by shoddy buildings paid for with "no bid" contracts to the "friends" of the Republican administration.

They blocked every investigation Democrats attempted to look into these terrible circumstances.

If Iraq wanted our help they would have proclaimed "America Appreciation Day", instead, they chant "Death to America". Is this our "success"? Hated by people who want us destroyed for what we did to their country?

How dare you say, "Your side sits and does nothing". Republicans are responsible for this terrible debacle. The entire party should be charged with "crimes against humanity and against this country". Republicans need to quit hiding behind, "But Democrats didn't like Saddam either". Democrats didn't trick the country into invasion. That was ALL Republicans. And now they lie they didn't. Figures.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're normally not a nut job. but that is just friggin dumb.

genocide means we are trying to stomp out an entire race. Like the Nazi tried with the gypsy

Bush is an educated man that was in the middle of a historical time. It's easy for us to armchair QB all his desision b/c we only get a part of the info. Everyone does the best they can with what they have, and when info is limited, or changed as it's passed,,, well you sometimes have to hope for the best.

Iraq will hopefully be a better place in the long run. If Saddam was allowed to keep going as he was, there's no telling what issues may have arrived.

People are buying that book because they want to know why thousands of Americans are dead and tens of thousands maimed for life and why our country's treasury was depleted.

Iraq was the "Republican" war.

They stood by as the Christian population in Iraq dropped from 1.4 million to 4 hundred thousand. Many of those maimed and murdered.

They stood by as the gays were systematically rounded up and tortured and killed (although many right wingers might see that as a "silver lining".)

They stood by as women were forced to live under Sharia law and have gone from "western" garb to "burkas". There is now a Valium epidemic in Iraq because women are in such despair, having lost their jobs and futures, they drug themselves senseless.

They stood by as the Iraqi's wrote Islam into the constitution as the "national religion" and proclaimed, "by constitution" that all legislation is based on "Islam". They said Iraqis have a right to have their own government. Well, they had it and we destroyed it without them even asking for our help.

They stood by as billions of US dollars simply "disappeared".

They stood by as soldiers were electrocuted by shoddy buildings paid for with "no bid" contracts to the "friends" of the Republican administration.

They blocked every investigation Democrats attempted to look into these terrible circumstances.

If Iraq wanted our help they would have proclaimed "America Appreciation Day", instead, they chant "Death to America". Is this our "success"? Hated by people who want us destroyed for what we did to their country?

How dare you say, "Your side sits and does nothing". Republicans are responsible for this terrible debacle. The entire party should be charged with "crimes against humanity and against this country". Republicans need to quit hiding behind, "But Democrats didn't like Saddam either". Democrats didn't trick the country into invasion. That was ALL Republicans. And now they lie they didn't. Figures.

Republicans are responsible for Iran, Syria, Libya?:cuckoo:
Read my post again.
I opposed the Iraq war. My father, retired Marine officer opposed the Iraq war.
But keep ranting as it was interesting read.

You're normally not a nut job. but that is just friggin dumb.

genocide means we are trying to stomp out an entire race. Like the Nazi tried with the gypsy

Bush is an educated man that was in the middle of a historical time. It's easy for us to armchair QB all his desision b/c we only get a part of the info. Everyone does the best they can with what they have, and when info is limited, or changed as it's passed,,, well you sometimes have to hope for the best.

Iraq will hopefully be a better place in the long run. If Saddam was allowed to keep going as he was, there's no telling what issues may have arrived.

I agree with that. Sunni is usually rational in his arguments even if I do not agree with them.

Why would you want to read a giant printed lie about all of the lies that administration told to the American people and the world? Seems like a waste of time to me...

The whole admintstration absolutely should stand trial for war crimes. They they and all of their "defen$e" contract buddies - every CEO and every exectutive should be forced to pay back the American people the billions of dollars bilked out of our treasury and borrowed from China... with interest.

No doubt University Sociology Departments and Public Libraries will be stocking up copies of "Decision Points" as essential reading for anyone interested in early 21st Century History.

Why would you want to read a giant printed lie about all of the lies that administration told to the American people and the world? Seems like a waste of time to me...

The whole admintstration absolutely should stand trial for war crimes. They they and all of their "defen$e" contract buddies - every CEO and every exectutive should be forced to pay back the American people the billions of dollars bilked out of our treasury and borrowed from China... with interest.

Yes, Gawd Forbid a scholarly, multi-faceted analysis of early 21st century world history.:doubt:

President Bush's Memoirs, like ANY Memoirs, are only ONE POV used to create a whole picture.

Is this retail points of sale or wholesale points of sale?
Many of the wholesale ones will come back. That fact or number never seems to be reported though.

Forum List

Back