GWB turns out was a pretty good President

You're absolutely right, JRK. Bush did all he could with what he was handed. He worked in favor of literacy and improved test scores for minority children; he cleaned up the brownfields in Texas and wherever else they were found around the country by getting businesses to do the cleanups to OSHA specs, and got it done economically.

He was a smart man who was wise enough to listen to industry and see that it self-regulated with follow-ups. The unions didn't want no stinkin' follow-up of their failure schools, but he persevered to the point of giving them the choice--turn the failed schools into positive learning experiences or face forclosure and students dispersed to schools that would provide them the elementals of the 3Rs.

He works behind the scenes and is a doer and a dream-come-truer for more Americans than I can say.

:thup:

GWB never used the bully pulpit
Saddam had every chance to do the right thing, GWB gave him 18 months, post 9-11

All BHO does is class war fare
No matter what event comes his way, he either uses it to push forward an agenda or attack the GOP, "put them a box" that does nothing for the country

If GWB was that bad, then what is BHO really. Good post
Thanks

Never used the bully pulpit?

How about the blank check he got after 9-11?

That "blank check" added 1 trillion to our debt in 3 years
This included Medicare D and No child left behind
We also had 2 million fewer jobs at the same time (loss of revenue)
President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in*creased this spending by 20 percent.
Kind of puts the current presidents performance in perspective
If you look at our constitution and what the presidents role is, defending this country, not sure why that was an issue?
Also those cost as well as the path we took post 9-11 was Bi Partisan as I recall
The Truth about Obama's Budget Deficits, in Pictures

GWB never used the bully pulpit
Saddam had every chance to do the right thing, GWB gave him 18 months, post 9-11

All BHO does is class war fare
No matter what event comes his way, he either uses it to push forward an agenda or attack the GOP, "put them a box" that does nothing for the country

If GWB was that bad, then what is BHO really. Good post
Thanks

That's what the American people wanted at the time, Rightwinger. I lived through it, and so did you if you were old enough.

We sure did

America was outraged after 9-11. We looked to our president and said....Go get those sons of bitches

We gave Bush free reign to do what was necessary and he abused his newfound power. Bush played the war on terrorism card for everything it was worth. What we got was two botched invasions and Bin Laden laughing at us from Pakistan

Bush invading Iraq for 9-11 was like invading China for Pearl Harbor

That's what the American people wanted at the time, Rightwinger. I lived through it, and so did you if you were old enough.

We sure did

America was outraged after 9-11. We looked to our president and said....Go get those sons of bitches

We gave Bush free reign to do what was necessary and he abused his newfound power. Bush played the war on terrorism card for everything it was worth. What we got was two botched invasions and Bin Laden laughing at us from Pakistan

H.R.4655
Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Enrolled Bill (Sent to President))
Really?
H.R. 4655 - Iraq Liberation Act of 1998
What did GWB have to do with this?

The press and people like you have re wrote history
Saddam was on the radar way before 9-11
Al Qaeda was in Iraq prior to our invasion
Saddam just needed to cooperate
Al Qaeda was there and what now?
GWB told him his time was up just days after 9-11
He was given 18 more months to comply

We sure did

H.R.4655
Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Enrolled Bill (Sent to President))
Really?
H.R. 4655 - Iraq Liberation Act of 1998
What did GWB have to do with this?

The press and people like you have re wrote history
Saddam was on the radar way before 9-11
Al Qaeda was in Iraq prior to our invasion
Saddam just needed to cooperate
Al Qaeda was there and what now?
GWB told him his time was up just days after 9-11
He was given 18 more months to comply

More abuse of the Bush blank check. Bush said they were a threat to our security? We believed him

Iraq was contained, Iraq hadn't been a threat for ten years.

No question that the Iraq invasion was the biggest failure of our free press in history. Nobody bothered to question the intelligence, nobody questioned the threat

Bush played his terrorism card.....we all jumped

"We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud"?

What a load of shit...and we bought it

5000 dead Americans..... 1 million dead Iraqis

All on Bush's head

freedombecki is merely using neo-con talking points that don't mean anything.

Bush and the neo-cons with their social values ultra idiots blew the American treasury and badly damaged American public education.

Neither groups will hold power again.

AIG pays us back. The forst 50% of tarp saved the economy
His leadership post 9-11 prevented a more serious economic collapse than we had
Saddam, gone
UBL, gone (thanks to water boarding in 2006 as well as Navy seals/CIA)
His tax rate will be in place for 99% of us
Sarbanes Oxley, huge success
His medicare plan was under funded, but also a huge success
was within 163 billion of a balanced budget, 2007
Numerous bi partisan legislation events such as No Child left behind, removing Saddam, Etc...
Budgets through 2008 (BHO signed the 09 budget 3/2009, called the Omnibus bill

Now how is BHO doing?
no jobs
huge debt
Obama care in which some of his own now want out of some

It is not even close people

:lol:

AIG pays us back. The forst 50% of tarp saved the economy
His leadership post 9-11 prevented a more serious economic collapse than we had
Saddam, gone
UBL, gone (thanks to water boarding in 2006 as well as Navy seals/CIA)
His tax rate will be in place for 99% of us
Sarbanes Oxley, huge success
His medicare plan was under funded, but also a huge success
was within 163 billion of a balanced budget, 2007
Numerous bi partisan legislation events such as No Child left behind, removing Saddam, Etc...

Now how is BHO doing?
no jobs
huge debt

:lmao:

freedombecki is merely using neo-con talking points that don't mean anything.

Bush and the neo-cons with their social values ultra idiots blew the American treasury and badly damaged American public education.

Neither groups will hold power again.

Don't be so sure.

Neo Cons..seem reasonable when compare the Tea Party.

Which..in itself is really fucking scary.

The neo-cons are more scary than the TeaPM because for eight years the suckers had their fat thumbs on the nuclear weapons delivery systems. The American People have wised up to their evil ways.

AIG pays us back.Damn I haven't got my check yet. The forst 50% of tarp saved the economy
His leadership post 9-11 prevented a more serious economic collapse than we had Dollar is collapsing but okay.
Saddam, gone Remind me what he did to us to cost us trillions, dead Americans, dead innocent people in Iraq? That was for profit my friend.
UBL, gone (thanks to water boarding in 2006 as well as Navy seals/CIA) I'm glad UBL is dead. I'd like to see you prove it was from Water Boarding. I wager UBL wouldn't have fucked with us in the first place if not for things we had been doing for several decades. Things like Iraq.
His tax rate will be in place for 99% of us Eww. I want zero taxes. I'd like to keep the money I earn. Read my sig.
Sarbanes Oxley, huge success Yeah regulations and laws are awesome. I really think that people who have us 16 trillion in debt should be writing the laws on the economy.
His medicare plan was under funded, but also a huge success Taking my money and giving it to others is a theft. You would call it theft if I took your wallet and got my sister an inhaler.
was within 163 billion of a balanced budget, 2007 Side note, trillions in debt. It's too bad all that money they took wasn't enough.
Numerous bi partisan legislation events such as No Child left behind, removing Saddam, Etc... Again, all of these things cost money and were not necessary. Public education is so terrible in this country.
How'd those budgets work out lol? Deficit deficit deficit
Now how is BHO doing? Pretty much the same. Warmongering for profit, creating debt, borrowing money, printing money, taking away the freedoms of Americans.
no jobs
huge debt

It is pretty close. Both these clowns are easily in the 5-10 area of worst Presidents ever.

The neo-cons are more scary than the TeaPM because for eight years the suckers had their fat thumbs on the nuclear weapons delivery systems. The American People have wised up to their evil ways.

Now you're getting stupid.......

Nope. We are far safer with the bushies gone from power. LibertyLemming who has some wack ideas as a libertarian clearly offers the evil influence of neo-conservatism above.

Last edited:
For those of us that still remember what it meant to be conservative:

He was no conservative.
He kept the borders open and let 12 million illegals poor into the country.
He signed into law the largest unfunded mandate in the Medicaid Prescriptions Act.
He took us into a war based on lies, and the cost drained our treasury.
He ignored the housing bubble, and then bailed out the crooks who oversaw the mess.
He left office with unemployment near 15 percent reported, 22 percent estimated real.
He did not get Osama Bin Laden, though the military knew he was in Pakistan.
He lost control of both houses of congress under his tenure.

The rest of us will be living with his legacy for possibly decades to come.

And even if they didn't get to use the nukes, they caused plenty of damage as it is.

th

For those of us that still remember what it meant to be conservative:

Compared to Obama??? FLAMING conservative. He Loved the USA... Obama doing everything to destroy the USA!

Did HE sue Arizona for attempting to use the Federal laws today ? He kept the borders open and let 12 million illegals poor into the country.

YOU ARE SO WRONG!!....He signed into law the largest unfunded mandate in the Medicaid Prescriptions Act.
First it WASN'T the Medicaid Prescription Act!
It was " Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act[1] (also called the Medicare Modernization Act or MMA"
AND AGAIN so wrong... I know because I'm an expert on Medicare as over 10,000 times a day a business I started helps providers get paid from Medicare!
IDIOT Before the MMA Medicare which again you are so stupid had over 300 different contracts to process claims which again be the idiot you are you are unaware MEDICARE DOESN"T process One of the one billion claims filed!
Bush's "Modernization" streamedline to 20 contractors! In doing so CUT costs dramatically!
And as far as your old fashion, cliched "largest unfunded portion the "Medicare Prescription NOT MEDICAID???

THE BUSH RECORD - FACT SHEET: Empowering Medicare Beneficiaries With Affordable Options
The estimated costs of this program to taxpayers have declined nearly 38 percent since enactment. Costs to taxpayers are projected to be about $240 billion lower than originally estimated for 2004-2013.
From 2006 to 2013, States are expected to spend about $25 billion less than originally projected.

In addition to the government savings, beneficiaries are also spending less than originally estimated. The average premium that beneficiaries paid for a standard prescription drug benefit in 2008 was roughly $25 per month, nearly 40 percent lower than original estimates.

He took us into a war based on lies, and the cost drained our treasury.

You stupidiy said:" He ignored the housing bubble, and then bailed out the crooks who oversaw the mess."
YOU F...KING LIAR!!!
His administration was LAUGHED AT BY Democrats Frank and Dodd after 17 times trying to get Fannie/Freddie fixed!
"Over the past six years, the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of failure to reform GSEs but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties. President Bush publicly called for GSE reform at least 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted. Unfortunately, these warnings went unheeded, as the President's repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems. Many prominent Democrats, including House Finance Chairman Barney Frank, opposed any legislation correcting the risks posed by GSEs.

* House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA) criticized
the President's warning saying:
"these two entities - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - are not facing any kind of financial crisis .The more people exaggerate these problems,
the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
(Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie
Mae," New York Times, 9/11/03)

* Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd also ignored the President's warnings and called on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," New York Times, 8/11/07)

Now A recent study released 12/12/12.. shows THE CRA was a major contributor!!!
" We find that adherence to the act led to riskier lending by banks: in the six quarters surrounding the CRA exams lending is elevated on average by about 5 percent every quarter and loans in these quarters default by about 15 percent more often.
These patterns are accentuated in CRA-eligible census tracts and are concentrated among large banks."
New study concludes that the Community Reinvestment Act ‘clearly’ did lead to risky lending | AEIdeas

Forum List

Back