GWB on 9/11 - Cool Under Fire

An inexperienced, batshit crazy idiot - let's take Joe Biden, for example - would have freaked out -

According to Reuters, Bush says his apparent non-reaction was intentional: "I didn't want to rattle the kids."

Bush explains 9/11 classroom scene: Didn't want to rattle the kids

Let's get a few things straight.

FIRST of all, Bush was NOT under fire. He was safe in a classroom while NYC, the pentagon, and Americans a thousand miles away were under fire.

Secondly, the idea that Bush had to continue sitting there in order to project calm, is preposterous. Bush could have simply stood up, excused himself, and then walked out of the classroom in order to perform his duties as commander-in-chief.

Thirdly, not wanting "to rattle the kids" should NOT have been Bush's first thought or his primary concern. I can assure you, president Bush, and every other person who is living that the kids would have forgotten any momentary emotional hiccup soon enough because kids get excited about everything and they have extremely short attention spans.

Fourth, Bush did not project confidence by flying to a bunker somewhere in the midwest and releasing a grainy video where he looked nervous, uncertain, and clueless.

Fifth, Bush is an idiot. America is under attack and he's worrying about "rattling the kids?" That's just plain stupid.

An inexperienced, batshit crazy idiot - let's take Joe Biden, for example - would have freaked out -

According to Reuters, Bush says his apparent non-reaction was intentional: "I didn't want to rattle the kids."

FIRST of all, Bush was NOT under fire. He was safe in a classroom while NYC, the pentagon, and Americans a thousand miles away were under fire.

Secondly, the idea that Bush had to continue sitting there in order to project calm, is preposterous. Bush could have simply stood up, excused himself, and then walked out of the classroom in order to perform his duties as commander-in-chief.

Thirdly, not wanting "to rattle the kids" should NOT have been Bush's first thought or his primary concern. I can assure you, president Bush, and every other person who is living that the kids would have forgotten any momentary emotional hiccup soon enough because kids get excited about everything and they have extremely short attention spans.

Fourth, Bush did not project confidence by flying to a bunker somewhere in the midwest and releasing a grainy video where he looked nervous, uncertain, and clueless.

Fifth, Bush is an idiot. America is under attack and he's worrying about "rattling the kids?" That's just plain stupid.

LOL NEED TISSUE? I know lets go back to the obama plan of guarding the enemies poppy fields, it been quite effective.

:suck:

There was stuff happening in many places, when that video was shot, NOBODY was safe

Maybe being a gentleman is too ingrained in him to be rude.

See above

EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY was nervous, uncertain, and clueless.

First of all, did you see the special on tv where they had some of the kids interviewed that had been in that classroom then? They ALL said they were glad he did what he did...they knew something was wrong, but he kept them from freaking out...
Second, when America is attacked, the plan is to get the president to a safe location...a location that is specifically meant for an occasion like this. The same thing would be done with Obama!

You completely clueless!!

There was stuff happening in many places, when that video was shot, NOBODY was safe

Maybe being a gentleman is too ingrained in him to be rude.

See above

EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY was nervous, uncertain, and clueless.

Quit while you're behind. Bush was the safest person in America. Why he looked nervous while being surrounded by the secret service and the military in a bunker on a military base is beyond explanation.

I'll tell you what, if any public official ever uses the excuse that he or she was "being a gentleman or a lady" to excuse his/her lack of decisiveness while he/she stayed glue to a chair when his/her country/state/county/municpality is under attack should be summarily removed from office asap.

First of all, did you see the special on tv where they had some of the kids interviewed that had been in that classroom then? They ALL said they were glad he did what he did...they knew something was wrong, but he kept them from freaking out...
Second, when America is attacked, the plan is to get the president to a safe location...a location that is specifically meant for an occasion like this. The same thing would be done with Obama!

Frankly, I could care less about the sensitivities of a bunch of six year olds. The country was under attack. I would expect him to get on a phone and find out what actions are being taken

Children are now deciding America's defense posture? Wonderful.

Because if Bush actually HAD gotten up out of his chair and walked out of the room, the kids would have been scarred for life?

Because if Bush actually HAD gotten up out of his chair and walked out of the room, the kids would have been scarred for life?

You would think he would at least be curious about what the hell was going on

Maybe Bush would have gotten up a little quicker (and been less concerned about the kids' sensibilities) if his investment portfolio was under attack by Internet thieves.

But seriously, how does this argument of the right play out if taken a little further?

Children: "Please Mr. President, don't leave us. You're scaring us with your quick movements. Please stay to comfort us."

President Bush: "Okay kids, I'll stay. But only for another hour."

Children: "Thank you, Mr. President. We won't be scarred for life now. Even if our country is destroyed by unknown forces, we'll always remember what a gentleman you were."

Last edited:
I don't know about you.....but I would personally have gotten on a secure line and found out what was going on and what needed to be done.

Sitting there reading My Pet Goat seemed like a strange reaction to the worst attack in US History

Maybe Bush would have gotten up a little quicker (and been less concerned about the kids' sensibilities if his investment portfolio was under attack by Internet thieves.

But seriously, how does this argument of the right play out if taken a little further?

Children: "Please Mr. President, don't leave us. You're scaring us with your quick movements. Please stay to comfort us."

Children: "Thank you, Mr. President. We won't be scarred for life now. Even if our country is destroyed by unknown forces, we'll always remember what a gentleman you were."

OMG...yes, lets forget the kids. You are all completely unbelievable!:cuckoo:

Please don't feed the troll. I'd advise anyone considering this thread re-read "1984" and recall how the novel opens, introducing Winston Smith who works in the Ministry of Truth, where he alters historical records to fit the needs of the Party.

In today's version, Winston and his co-workers have published the new and revised version of 2008, where president-elect Barack Obama's policies created an economic crisis leading to the Great Recession nearly three months before he takes office. It is creative writing at their best, unlike the attempt in this thread.

Maybe Bush would have gotten up a little quicker (and been less concerned about the kids' sensibilities if his investment portfolio was under attack by Internet thieves.

Excuse me kids......something important has come up. I have to go

Joe Biden would not have attacked Iraq

That would be like attacking China after Pearl Harbor

Wrong again!

Biden was a strong supporter of the 2001 war in Afghanistan, saying "Whatever it takes, we should do it." Regarding Iraq, Biden stated in 2002 that Saddam Hussein was a threat to national security, and that there was no option but to eliminate that threat. The Bush administration rejected an effort Biden undertook with Senator Richard Lugar to pass a resolution authorizing military action only after the exhaustion of diplomatic efforts. In October 2002, Biden voted in favor of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq, justifying the Iraq War.

Maybe Bush would have gotten up a little quicker (and been less concerned about the kids' sensibilities) if his investment portfolio was under attack by Internet thieves.

All I'm doing is revealing the ridiculousness of Bush's claim and his supporters' defense of that claim.

And you know what? It's just too easy. If Bush's rationale had a scintilla of merit to it, it wouldn't be so easy to mock it.

In FACT, I simply don't believe Bush's explanation at all. I think it's a load of crap. That's easy to say with 20/20 hindsight of all his unbelievable lies. Hey, remember when Bush kept on saying that they FOUND the WMDs? That was a WHOPPER, wasn't it? If he would tell that bold a lie, do you think he has any qualms about running this fiction up the ol' school flag pole? I don't.

Joe Biden would not have attacked Iraq

That would be like attacking China after Pearl Harbor

Wrong again!

Biden was a strong supporter of the 2001 war in Afghanistan, saying "Whatever it takes, we should do it." Regarding Iraq, Biden stated in 2002 that Saddam Hussein was a threat to national security, and that there was no option but to eliminate that threat. The Bush administration rejected an effort Biden undertook with Senator Richard Lugar to pass a resolution authorizing military action only after the exhaustion of diplomatic efforts. In October 2002, Biden voted in favor of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq, justifying the Iraq War.

Hmmmm....the Bush administration rejected an effort Biden undertook with Richard Lugar to authorize military action only after exhaustion of diplomatic efforts

Should have listened to Biden shouldn't he?

Oh.....I forgot....."The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back