GWB - Happiest Ex-President ever?

Perhaps no president so villified by the end of his administration has been so vindicated by the policies of the succeeding administration. No wonder he's content.

He's been to Europe. Several times. No one arrested him.

In fact, the only people who want him arrested are left wing Americans.... and I use the term 'Americans' to describe only their country of origin. They are not Americans in the traditional meaning of the word... as in those who care about their country. They are bitter, sad individuals who would not care if our country was held to ridicule, as long as they could vent their hatred towards a man.

He's been to Europe. Several times. No one arrested him.

Not since leaving office.

Yea, since leaving office.

He's been to Buck House to see the Queen at least once since he left office. And, I understand, he's been to several other EU countries.

There was some lone nut job that wanted to do some kind of citizens arrest in some EU country.

Nothing official, or it would be common knowledge.

I'm sure he's glad to be an ex-Prez and your right. He does look great. I'm sure life on the ranch is a hell of a lot easier and more fun than being the POTUS.

Every president looks like a million bucks going in and half dead on leaving.

One tough demanding job. Definetly not for the faint of heart.

I would so much rather live life on a ranch than be President of the United States and having to deal with those bueaucrats in Washington.

I think he lives in a Dallas suburb. He does not live at the Pig Farm (aka the Bush Ranch) he bought in 1999.

Have you seen him lately? As the saying goes, the guy looks like a million bucks. He looks happier, healthier and livelier than ever. And remember what he looked like in the last couple years of this administration? He looked like death was creep'n in.

I think he really really really digs not being president anymore.

And who could blame him? :dunno:

ignorance is bliss ?

With good reason, he never committed any.

No, he just gave the orders.

Bush iis no different than the Serb leader Mladic who was arrested recently for war crimes.

I wouldn't go that far.

However, Bush (and Cheney) obviously wanted some legal cover to pursue "enhanced interrogation" policies. So, they found a few lawyers who gave them that so-called legal cover. The they ordered the torture of certain detainees.

Make no mistake, if a foreign leader gamed their legal system to get around the Geneva Convention prohibition against torture (because they were signatories to the GC just like we are), and then engaged in the torture (enhanced interrogation) of US troops held prisoner, there would be an outcry from our president and congress to punish that leader for war crimes.

That's not even counting the attack on Iraq (which killed tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis) for nonexistent WMDs.

Perhaps no president so villified by the end of his administration has been so vindicated by the policies of the succeeding administration. No wonder he's content.

There has been no vindication for the invasion and occupation of Iraq. The consequences of that move will likely take years to unfold.

I bet he's just glad he doesn't have to listen to "TurdBlossum" every day too. That's gotta make him smile.......::lol:

Have you seen him lately? As the saying goes, the guy looks like a million bucks. He looks happier, healthier and livelier than ever. And remember what he looked like in the last couple years of this administration? He looked like death was creep'n in.

I think he really really really digs not being president anymore.

And who could blame him? :dunno:

Yeah. Been out of office for 3 years.

george_w_bush-6.jpg

No, he just gave the orders.

No order he has given has resulted in war crimes.

I am sure that the relatives of the thousands of dead innocent Iraqi women and children would disagree. :doubt:

s0n........its 2011. The lefty spin doesnt matter anymore........nobody cares.

Meanwhile........seems to most that Hope And Change, well............isnt. The only people who care about George Bush anymore are the lefty internet k00ks.

Ask me how much fun it is to be a conservative in 2011 s0n? The escaltor down for the far left has been nothing short of prolific!!!

Forum List

Back