GWB believed Clinton's LIES about Saddam/WMDs!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
BEFORE BUSH ... When CLINTON was President...

"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger- Clinton National. Security. Advisor 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs" Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDS.."Albright 1999

And if after GWB was President.. should he have called THESE people liars also???

"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001
"Saddam has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMDs and the means to deliver.." Levin 2002
"Iraq's search for WMDs ...will continue as long as Saddam's in power"..Gore 2002
"Saddam retains stockpiles of WMDS.."Byrd 2002
"give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because an arsenal of WMDs.threat our security".Kerry 2002
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002

Is it just a little bit hypocritical of most Bush bashers to say BUSH LIED about WMDs when ALL the information regarding WMDs was DEVELOPED UNDER CLINTON???

Bush did no more then BELIEVE the intelligence people that developed the WMDs concerns UNDER CLINTON!

Tom Browkaw believed!!!

A lot of people believed that he did have weapons of mass destruction.
President Clinton did, in fact. I was over there with the U.N. weapons inspector and it was not clear. I would fly over later acres and acres and miles and miles of what they call igloos. These are ammunition storage depots, and General Petraeus said to me one day, "We don't know what's in there." Well, it turns out not much because he was trying to kind of rope a dope Iran, trying to persuade Iran that he had weapons of mass destruction. And my own belief is that some of his colonels generated a lot of paper that indicated they had weapons, they were getting money from him, and some of that money may be stored away somewhere.

Read more: Tom Brokaw: President Clinton Thought Saddam Hussein Had WMD | NewsBusters.org

Five days later, Hayes notes, U.N. Ambassador Bill Richardson(D) (now the governor of New Mexico) made an appearance on CNN, where he talked of "direct evidence of ties between Osama bin Laden" and Sudan's Military Industrial Corporation.

"You combine that with Sudan support for terrorism, their connections with Iraq on VX, and you combine that, also, with the chemical precursor issue, and Sudan's leadership support for Osama bin Laden, and you've got a pretty clear-cut case.

Once again. Rethugs don't have the balls to proudly proclaim that what they did to Iraq was necessary and good for us and them.

No, instead we have this new concentrated effort to absolve themselves of blame by saying it was all the Dems fault. Us rethugs are guilty of nothing except believing Democrats. What fine leadership you rethugs display.

Why are you rethugs not proud of your actions concerning Iraq?

Is it because it was a miserable failure? (except for a few of Dick Cheneys friends)

Once again. Rethugs don't have the balls to proudly proclaim that what they did to Iraq was necessary and good for us and them.

No, instead we have this new concentrated effort to absolve themselves of blame by saying it was all the Dems fault. Us rethugs are guilty of nothing except believing Democrats. What fine leadership you rethugs display.

Is it because it was a miserable failure? (except for a few of Dick Cheneys friends)

If I didn't know better, I'd say this thread was an attempt to blame Clinton and others for the horrific decision to launch the hideous war in Iraq.

So where are all you Bush Bashers??? Explain how Iraq all of a sudden had WMDs on Jan 20, 2001 when Bush took office???

If I didn't know better, I'd say this thread was an attempt to blame Clinton and others for the horrific decision to launch the hideous war in Iraq.

Another attempt. I have seen a few others. And of course the standard rethug reply is the list of Dems who agreed that Saddam was a bad man.

But why won't the rethugs proudly proclaim that Iraq was a fine idea and a roaring success?

Why do they need to blame someone else for the war?

Any rethugs care to answer that question?

Actually I'm pointing OUT your blinders!
Clinton was the FIRST contributor to WMDs LIE.

OH and by the way... Iraq LIBERATION WAS A SUCCESS and militarily "mission accomplished on 5/1/2003!
It wasn't till YOU TRAITORS the MSM and these LEADING CHEERLEADERS for Terrorists starting your campaign to prolong Iraq and
your concerted efforts to murder 3,000 more troops at a cost of $600 billion!

When you and these traitors were so quick to jump on the bandwagons of CHEERLEADING that :
Media complicity in at the minimum HELPED prolong the Iraq conflict by promoting these commonly held attitudes by our leaders about our troops!
[A) our troops are Terrorists.. called that by the below:
Presidential candidates that said: "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Senator Kerry (D) calling our troops "TERRORISTS"!

B) Our troops KILL Civilians
or a future President saying: Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

C) Our troops cold blooded killers
U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

D)Calling our troops Nazis, Soviets
Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets --action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

Last edited:
When did Clinton launch a pre emptive war on Iraq? You know, an invasion of another country. That didn't attack us. Please fill me in on that war. I must have missed it.

Are the big bold letters above your version of bragging about what a great decision George Bush made to invade a country that didn't attack us?

When did Clinton launch a pre emptive war on Iraq? You know, an invasion of another country. That didn't attack us. Please fill me in on that war. I must have missed it.

Are the big bold letters above your version of bragging about what a great decision George Bush made to invade a country that didn't attack us?

Bingo and bingo.

I guess Bush was just a victim.

Letter to President Clinton on Iraq

Check out the signators..

Elliott Abrams Richard L. Armitage William J. Bennett

Jeffrey Bergner John Bolton Paula Dobriansky

Francis Fukuyama Robert Kagan Zalmay Khalilzad

William Kristol Richard Perle Peter W. Rodman

Donald Rumsfeld William Schneider, Jr. Vin Weber

Paul Wolfowitz R. James Woolsey Robert B. Zoellick

See any familar names?

The December 1998 bombing of Iraq (code-named Operation Desert Fox) was a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets from December 16–19, 1998 by the United States and United Kingdom. The contemporaneous justification for the strikes was Iraq's failure to comply with United Nations Security Council resolutions as well as their interference with United Nations Special Commission inspectors.

Bill Clinton Bombs an Aspirin Factory

Bill Clinton Bombs an Aspirin Factory

Obviously FORGOT about this????

I mean WHAT right did Clinton have to bomb Iraq or the Aspirin FACTORY!!!

I DON"T recall ANY such Congressional legislation like this for the above!!!

Congress passes Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502)
"Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq " Introduced as H.J.Res. 114, it passed the
House on October 10, 2002 by a vote of 296-133, (68.9% of the house) the Senate on October 11
by a vote of 77-23. (77%) The resolution cited many factors to justify action:
1 * Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, including interference with weapons inspectors
2 * Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, and programs to develop such weapons, posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and
international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region"
3 * Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population"
4 * Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people"
5 * Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, and firing on
coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War
6 * Members of al-Qaida were "known to be in Iraq"
7 * Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations
8 * Fear that Iraq would provide weapons of mass destruction to terrorists for use against the United States
9 * The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight the 9/11 terrorists and those who aided or harbored them
10 * The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism

NOW where was the ABOVE rationale to bomb Iraq or aspirin factory???

Blaming the Democrats for the Iraq war has been going on for years now.

Those on the right who do it are really just admitting that they were wrong, and the war WAS a mistake.

Why else would they try to blame it on the Democrats?

Holy crap, and all this time I thought that Bush was the Commander In Chief who was responsible for putting our troops on Iraqi sand, sending thousands of young soldiers to their death, many thousands more to come home without limbs and damaged minds, and causing the destruction of so many young American families. Not to mention a trillion or two in money borrowed from the Chinese, and the deaths and maiming of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens.

DAMN. Turns out it was CLINTON. I just KNEW it.

Poor Bush. I feel horrible now...

Last edited:

Operation Desert Fox, December16-19, 1998. 4 days of bombing suspected WMD sites and other military targets. Ground troops were mobilized, but not used (except for Special Forces). Clinton was preparing for a full scale invasion, but settled for bombing.

I have always held he should have just gone in.

Oh, Clinton also sent cruise missles to Baghdad in June 1993 in retaliation for the attempted assasination of George Bush. And then again in Septmeber 1996 due to Iraqs attacks on Kurdish cities.

No full scale invasion, though he should have, but cruise missles and bombs.

Every elected, appointed, or confirmed dimocrat of any importance was on record re Saddam's WMD and the threat they posed to the U.S. and the world prior to Bush's presidency.

Subsequently though they slithered away from their previous positions, the media provided them cover, and were then able to attack Bush and others over the failure to find them, and then attempted to use it as an issue in the '04 election. Which resulted in Kerry remaining a Senator.

New Topics

Forum List

Back