Gwar - Disembowling Palin! Art or Incitement and/or Threat of Violence...

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
...which would be worthy of prosecution?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSPNCrJ1m_k[/ame]

I am sorry, but making a little speech about how bad this country is and that its under attack and then doing a mock disembowling of Sarah Palin is NOT ART! In fact its criminal incitement of violence against Palin (a public figure) and a DIRECT THREAT of immediate violence against her! Both are crimes worthy of prosecution!

Imagine if this was a mock Obama disembowlment. First, the race card would be tossed out there. Then Sharpton and Jackson would be protesting in the streets. Next, they would be criminally prosecuted.

OK, you might say Obama is the President. But say its was Jesse Jackson. All the same steps in the above paragraph would still happen!

If you listen to Gwar your a sick individual. GET HELP!!! That means you Mr Shaman and Shangha!

Note: This is coming from a guy who still loves Metallica and listens to Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, System of the Down and Rage Against the Machine when working out!

Gwar is garbage anyways, I didn't know these clowns still made music. You are right if they did make a video disembowling Obama the race card would get played, these stupid "musicians" go too far these days.

Damn, didn't realize GWAR was still relevent in the music world! Used to listen to them back in the early 90s... Guess any publicity is still good publicity.

Hmmmmm......never heard of them. Had to look them up on the internet. Strange since I was in my 20's when they first came on the scene. But then, I like good music and didn't really care for the loud, head banging, dope smoking type.

Damn, didn't realize GWAR was still relevent in the music world! Used to listen to them back in the early 90s... Guess any publicity is still good publicity.

They're about as relevent as a Godzilla movie.

Last edited:
all sides have sicko extremists.

too many grew up on Freddy Kruger movies and the like I suppose.

And sickos that do similar crap like this should be condemned also! Interesting how your the biggest crybaby when the right does something non-PC, but whent the left does it, you a defender! But then again you are a dumb ass! :cuckoo:

This is protected speech as stated earlier.

It is also fucking bullshit and is irresponsible.

The children of Palin should never have to see such crap in the public.

This band is a pack of assholes and should have their performances boycotted.

They do harm to their own positions with such voilent imaging.

How I wish the right had the class to renounce violence like the left here is doing.

When was the video taken? I wonder if this was in Spokane, they just played here this week or last week.

How I wish the right had the class to renounce violence like the left here is doing.

That's their schtick..and it's a joke.

They do terrible head banging music..dress up like monsters and shower the audience is fake blood and gore.

No one..and I mean no one takes it seriously.

:clap2:

For all but your last sentence...

I, as an evil conservative, would never condone it from the right. Frankly I cant recall a conservative band or anyone for that matter doing such vile things to liberal folks :confused:

But Bravo for your condemnation of this sort of "art"... there's no place for it in the public discourse.

As for GWAR.... their a bunch of idiots just trying to get some publicity. I just put them on ignore, and I like the OP do love me some loud obnoxious music.... but screw Gwar :evil:

I dont remember , did you so come out against the calls for violence and the violence on the right last summer?

That's their schtick..and it's a joke.

They do terrible head banging music..dress up like monsters and shower the audience is fake blood and gore.

No one..and I mean no one takes it seriously.

I hope not.

They are assholes for trying to bring violence into the political theater

GWAR still exists? Seriously?

Tasteless, disgusting, irresponsible....but protected.

As far as taking it seriously, frankly I can't imagine the couple dozen fans they have would be sober enough to remember or care.

Forum List

Back