Guy who requested $740 million in earmarks on Palin: You can’t really be for change i

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Indeed. To truly represent change, you have to request earmarks for your wife’s employer.
I was hoping against hope that he’d come after her on this point. And now, my dream’s come true.
Obama then went point by point through education, tax policy, energy policy and health care telling voters why McCain’s version of change is not change like the kind he will bring.
Obama then opened up rare criticism on VP nominee Sarah Palin, “I know the governor of Alaska has been, you know, saying she is change. And that is great. She is a skillful politician. But when you been taking all these earmarks when it is convenient and then suddenly you are the champion anti-earmark person. That is not change, come on. I mean, words mean something. You can’t just make stuff up. You can’t just make stuff up. We have a choice to make and the choice is clear.”
She’s not the “champion anti-earmark person,” Barry. McCain is. The ball having been placed on the tee, Team Maverick swings away:

Hot Air Blog Archive Guy who requested $740 million in earmarks on Palin: You can’t really be for change if you’re pro-earmark

A million dollars a day request for every working day in the senate.. my my my oh my

Indeed. To truly represent change, you have to request earmarks for your wife’s employer.
I was hoping against hope that he’d come after her on this point. And now, my dream’s come true.
Obama then went point by point through education, tax policy, energy policy and health care telling voters why McCain’s version of change is not change like the kind he will bring.
Obama then opened up rare criticism on VP nominee Sarah Palin, “I know the governor of Alaska has been, you know, saying she is change. And that is great. She is a skillful politician. But when you been taking all these earmarks when it is convenient and then suddenly you are the champion anti-earmark person. That is not change, come on. I mean, words mean something. You can’t just make stuff up. You can’t just make stuff up. We have a choice to make and the choice is clear.”
She’s not the “champion anti-earmark person,” Barry. McCain is. The ball having been placed on the tee, Team Maverick swings away:

Hot Air Blog Archive Guy who requested $740 million in earmarks on Palin: You can’t really be for change if you’re pro-earmark

A million dollars a day request for every working day in the senate.. my my my oh my

Do you have a list of those "earmarks?" Do you know what they were for? Could it be that pork barrel spending isn't always about $18 million for wooden arrows and it's sometimes more about infrastructure, security, civic centers, education, research, etc. Earmarks are not a bad thing most of the time. There are, of course, bad ones.

And if your candidate is so much against earmarks, why did he vote for them?

Do you have a list of those "earmarks?" Do you know what they were for? Could it be that pork barrel spending isn't always about $18 million for wooden arrows and it's sometimes more about infrastructure, security, civic centers, education, research, etc. Earmarks are not a bad thing most of the time. There are, of course, bad ones.

why did I so expect this reaction! :D

Are you going to answer my question or just be arrogant?

I think I will choose to just be arrogant. Your reaction leads me to believe that anything I might say to you will be viewed as hogwash. What do you think of a million dollars per day?

I know one of Obama's earmarks was for one million for the hospital where Michelle works. :eusa_shhh:

As for the "wooden arrows" this was not an earmark. It was to extend a tax cut. Letting people keep their money is not a bad thing.

I don't know whre else you post, but it doesn't work that way here. You say it, you own it, you prove it.

Not that difficult.

She just can't ever prove what she posts.... you know, those misstatements and all.

hey asswipe. I posted the article I wanted to post. If you want more go get it yourself. We ain't yer damn slaves.

but try to focus. He hasn't asked for a red cent for the state of Arizona.

How many did McCain ask for?

he didn't ask for any but he sure just voted for a bill that had 150 BILLION in it... remind me again... wasn't he going to MAKE THEM FAMOUS???

Obama has never come out against earmarks per se...he's against abuse and he openly reveals what his requests for for. He doesn't hide what he's asking for the funding for.

Forum List

Back