Guten Tag from germany.

I have a friend in Ramstein. He is german and just lives there but he has some american friends and so they can bring him into the base. He says it's really weird because the base also has a housing district, shops, a large wal-mart and even it's own high-school. So next to beeing a miilitary base it's more like an american city in the middle of germany.

From a political standpoint I am torn... I am a supporter of Nato with mixed feelings since the Kosovo-war. But I do support the original idea of the North-atlantic defense treaty. However I don't like that we are so dependant on american military.
Pragmatically my answer is that we need the bases right now and it's good they are there.
However in the future I hope we can reduce it and become more independant.
I am supporting the idea of a european army.

What do you think?
Welcome.

Why do we need the bases?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I thought the best way to start is by using this thread.
I'm a student of political sciences in germany and I am interested in american, european and worldwide politics. I don't affiliate myself with any particular party here, however in the US I would most likely be a democrat.
I try to base my political thoughts on pragmatic solutions and a personal and important concern for me is the support of scientific research.

My hope is to have some discussions and to learn more in depth about certain issues. I realized that throwing myself into a debate with someone challenges me to read up more facts and learn more about topics. And that's my main goal.

I also started doing a youtube channel () where I try my best to explain geopolitical situations. But don't worry, I am not gonna advertise on here. I just mention it so you get to know me.

See you all!

Hi TheThirdView! :bye1:
How you doing? I'm not American too. I'm from Vietnam :)

bienvenue.jpg

I love this German series the fox in French ..
DerAlte.jpg

Forum List

Back