Guten Abend

The Germans are coming

Sep 30, 2014
Currently in Northern Austria
Greetings from a German with an English father and of Polish descent who currently lives in the granit mountains of the Northern Austrian alps. A place that despite it`s cliche famous scenery of the mountains, rivers and what not is in fact a very rotten and horrible place and coming here was one of the worst decisions I ever made in my entire life.
I cant wait to finaly get my stuff together and leave this horrible place behind. As a friend of me said: "Austria is a nice place to live, if you like sex with farm animals or your sister" Or as one german poet put it:"Should there ever be an apocalypse, I will move to Austria, for over there everything happens 30 years later".
Boah I cant stand this rubbish dump of a place and it`s reched backwards catholic culture. The antisemitism, the xenophobia, the lack of any culture and art, reched nightclubs decorated as cow stables that play torchorous folk musik and the stench of catholic influence in politics. I am really having anxieties that I might never make it out of here and that this place will swallow me, devour my mind and keep me captured in dispair like some black hole.
And as long as I am stuck here and havent yet gone to Berlin, Hamburg or Leipzig, I am forced to try and find culture, entertainment and people capable of having a conversation that isnt centerd arround how "sexy" your own cousin is, on the internet on various different forums.

In all honestly, my intial attempts were to find a forum on European politics, in English language, with a majority European members, but no such place seems to be in existance. So I ended up on a American forum, on which I had some rather negative expiriences. I am someone who didnt really take stereotypes seriously, but that forum was filled with what you call Southerners who posted about how "blacks are better off in slavery", "sex with your cousin is ok", "gays should be treated", "the civil rights movement was not needed", "racial segregation isnt bad", "Franco was Europes greatest politician", "Mandela was a terrorist who hated whites". And when confronting these people I got replies such as "Germans are nazis", "Nazis are Germans", "Hitler was German" ,"Hitler was a German communist atheist", "Hitler was a German atheist communist muslim", "The throne of Satan is in Germany" ,"Only Germans are dumb enought to invade Russia during winter", "Soccer is gay"
All of that left me in dismay and with the notion that stereotypes could actualy be something justifyable which the people who have them could actualy deserve. But that is something I would probably like to discuss in greater detail in it`s own thread. Anyway, I left that forum, tried again to find a European forum, couldnt find any and decided to give this one a try.

I really dont like describing myself and believe that others are always better at describing a person than that person him or herself. I am a social democrat which is the center left political party out of 5 political parties in Germany (we dont have a two party system like you). Social democrats are center left, The Left are far left marxist, the greens are leftwing enviormentalist, the christian democrats are center right and right and the liberal democrats are liberterian free market.
Through some miracle merkel has prevented the christian democrats from breaking up into a far right and center right party. But in recent years rising tentions within that party make this prospect more likely.

In our country the president is merely a ceremonial figure, a position mainly given to public officials who have done great service to this country. Parlaiment (congress) forms the federal government. And due to the multi party system hardly anyone ever gets soley what they want and coalitions aswell as compromise and debate are a must.

Our government is similar structured like yours, with the powers splitt between the federal government and the local governments of the 16 states. We for example do not have a german version of the IRS, instead each state colects taxes individualy.

But I am drifting away from describing myself..... Well. I am an atheist, pro Israeli, very critical of Islam, enjoy strategy pc games, read 2-3 books a month, like Russian classical music, smoke 30 cigarets a day, tend to be an asshole when drinking to much, advocate the legalisation of canabis and a boycotting of Iran, believe that historic responsibility (trying to learn from a countries mistakes) is the most important responsibility of any country, believe that Europe needs more distance from the US and should offer its versions of democracy to the world as an alternative model of democracy to the US model, believe that Europe should built up it`s armed forces more and enage more demandingly on the world stage, reject pseudoscience and any involement of theocratic political notions, believe that there are only two forms of government - democracy and dictatorship and like to cook asian or with recepies from an erotic cookbook.

If there is anything you need please feel free to ask.

Last edited:
..... Well. I am an atheist, pro Israeli, very critical of Islam, enjoy strategy pc games, read 2-3 books a month, like Russian classical music, smoke 30 cigarets a day, tend to be an asshole when drinking to much, advocate the legalisation of canabis and a boycotting of Iran, believe that historic responsibility (trying to learn from a countries mistakes) is the most important responsibility of any country, believe that Europe needs more distance from the US and should offer its versions of democracy to the world as an alternative model of democracy to the US model, believe that Europe should built up it`s armed forces more and enage more demandingly on the world stage, reject pseudoscience and any involement of theocratic political notions, believe that there are only two forms of government - democracy and dictatorship and like to cook asian or with recepies from an erotic cookbook.

Welcome to our zoo and hope you are thick-skinned.

Greetings from a German with an English father and of Polish descent who currently lives in the granit mountains of the Northern Austrian alps. A place that despite it`s cliche famous scenery of the mountains, rivers and what not is in fact a very rotten and horrible place and coming here was one of the worst decisions I ever made in my entire life.

I cant wait to finaly get my stuff together and leave this horrible place behind. As a friend of me said: "Austria is a nice place to live, if you like sex with farm animals or your sister" Or as one german poet put it:"Should there ever be an apocalypse, I will move to Austria, for over there everything happens 30 years later".

Boah I cant stand this rubbish dump of a place and it`s reched backwards catholic culture. The antisemitism, the xenophobia, the lack of any culture and art, reched nightclubs decorated as cow stables that play torchorous folk musik and the stench of catholic influence in politics. I am really having anxieties that I might never make it out of here and that this place will swallow me, devour my mind and keep me captured in dispair like some black hole.

And as long as I am stuck here and havent yet gone to Berlin, Hamburg or Leipzig, I am forced to try and find culture, entertainment and people capable of having a conversation that isnt centerd arround how "sexy" your own cousin is, on the internet on various different forums.

In all honestly, my intial attempts were to find a forum on European politics, in English language, with a majority European members, but no such place seems to be in existance. So I ended up on a American forum, on which I had some rather negative expiriences. I am someone who didnt really take stereotypes seriously, but that forum was filled with what you call Southerners who posted about how "blacks are better off in slavery", "sex with your cousin is ok", "gays should be treated", "the civil rights movement was not needed", "racial segregation isnt bad", "Franco was Europes greatest politician", "Mandela was a terrorist who hated whites". And when confronting these people I got replies such as "Germans are nazis", "Nazis are Germans", "Hitler was German" ,"Hitler was a German communist atheist", "Hitler was a German atheist communist muslim", "The throne of Satan is in Germany" ,"Only Germans are dumb enought to invade Russia during winter", "Soccer is gay"

All of that left me in dismay and with the notion that stereotypes could actualy be something justifyable which the people who have them could actualy deserve. But that is something I would probably like to discuss in greater detail in it`s own thread. Anyway, I left that forum, tried again to find a European forum, couldnt find any and decided to give this one a try.

I really dont like describing myself and believe that others are always better at describing a person than that person him or herself. I am a social democrat which is the center left political party out of 5 political parties in Germany (we dont have a two party system like you). Social democrats are center left, The Left are far left marxist, the greens are leftwing enviormentalist, the christian democrats are center right and right and the liberal democrats are liberterian free market.

Through some miracle merkel has prevented the christian democrats from breaking up into a far right and center right party. But in recent years rising tentions within that party make this prospect more likely.

In our country the president is merely a ceremonial figure, a position mainly given to public officials who have done great service to this country. Parlaiment (congress) forms the federal government. And due to the multi party system hardly anyone ever gets soley what they want and coalitions aswell as compromise and debate are a must.

Our government is similar structured like yours, with the powers splitt between the federal government and the local governments of the 16 states. We for example do not have a german version of the IRS, instead each state colects taxes individualy.

But I am drifting away from describing myself..... Well. I am an atheist, pro Israeli, very critical of Islam, enjoy strategy pc games, read 2-3 books a month, like Russian classical music, smoke 30 cigarets a day, tend to be an asshole when drinking to much, advocate the legalisation of canabis and a boycotting of Iran, believe that historic responsibility (trying to learn from a countries mistakes) is the most important responsibility of any country, believe that Europe needs more distance from the US and should offer its versions of democracy to the world as an alternative model of democracy to the US model, believe that Europe should built up it`s armed forces more and enage more demandingly on the world stage, reject pseudoscience and any involement of theocratic political notions, believe that there are only two forms of government - democracy and dictatorship and like to cook asian or with recepies from an erotic cookbook.

Welcome.

Oh yeah, and ease up on the narcotic painkillers there, turbo. :thup:

I thought you were talking about gluten intolerance when I saw Guten... it was Guten not gluten of course.

Welcome!

I ended up on a American forum, on which I had some rather negative expiriences..

You were on a forum where many of the mods have such a bloated estimation of their own worth that several appear to have some very serious delusions that they really are a god. They moderate from the perspective that the lowest forms of life imaginable are to be protected at all costs, while anybody who responds to then too strongly should be punished. Above all else, anybody who doesn't feed their massive ego is targeted to show them a lesson in proper degree of reverence for the power they wield.

I have only been here a short while, but I would say that there is little difference in sorts of people one encounters, as idiots abound as well as sensible, reasonable people. If there is any difference as far as I can tell, it lies in the way people have greater leeway in responding TO the idiots here. There is certainly more flaming here, but there seems to be less in the way of selective enforcement of the rules that target the person indulging in a minor offense so as to protect the one indulging in a major.

Guten tag-

This place is a bit of a sty, with a fairly loose moderation, so you will encounter arschlöcher with nothing better to do but toss insults. If you stick it out for a while you can find a place to spout your views and perhaps a bit of conversation. Good discussions are lacking. It's mostly noise here.

PW

Okay, now could you say that in English, cuz I don't spreken ze Deutsch!!

Hello, The Germans are coming...

Welcome.gif

:)

but that forum was filled with what you call Southerners who posted about how "blacks are better off in slavery", "sex with your cousin is ok", "gays should be treated", "the civil rights movement was not needed", "racial segregation isnt bad", "Franco was Europes greatest politician", "Mandela was a terrorist who hated whites".

We've got some of those. You'll soon find out who they are. Everyone here already knows what they are, so don't feel any obligation to expose them or refute them. Point and laugh, sure, but don't waste much time on them.

Welcome to USMB.

I hope you've had all of your shots...and have come prepared with hand sanitizer and a surgical mask.

Welcome to our zoo and hope you are thick-skinned.

Why? Is it one of these forums in which insults, trolling and whatever are common place?
A natural consequence of free speech is every conceivable type of screwball and fanatic is free to express any bizarre or offensive thought that occurs to them -- and they do. The trick is to pay no attention to them, to step over them like dogshit on a sidewalk and keep moving.

Use the Ignore feature.

Guten Abend und herzlich Willkommen bei USMB, @The Germans are coming . Ich hoffe sehr, daß Du einen richtig schönen Aufenthalt unter so vielen wahnsinning verrückten hier in USMB genießt.....

Falls Fragen auftauchen sollten, kannst ja jederzeit Dich an mich wenden.

Folgende Seite ist ein absolute MUSS durchgelesen zu haben:

USMB Rules and Guidelines US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Nur zur Information: im Gegensatz zu Dir bin ich Ami, wohne aber in der BRD (seit 17 Jahren). In der US-Amerikanischen politischen-Szene gelte ich als "Demokrat", jedoch, wäre ich Deutscher, dann wäre ich mit großer Wahrscheinlichkeit ein CDU-Mann. Nur so nebenbei bemerkt... :) :)

Viel Spaß dabei!

-Statistikhengst

New Topics

Forum List

Back