Gut instinct

I always check my gut feelings.

Facts, logic and then a quick gut check.

The gut will help you think things over yet again to make sure you took everything in.

I always listen to it, but it doesn't always deliver. For instance, my wife's sister got married four years ago, and about an hour or so before we were due to board our flight, I started having a really horrible feeling that something bad was going to happen. I voiced my concerns to my wife, and she rather sharply informed me that we would be boarding the plane, along with her usual threats of denying me sex for however long she deems necessary to change my mind. Nothing happened, and we enjoyed a safe flight, but my gut was ringing alarm bells loud and clear.

On the other hand, I avoided losing a considerable amount of money after my gut told me not to go into the private waste management business. I put a small amount of money into the venture, but pulled out just in time.

You know your gut will tell you its still hungry up to twenty minutes after its really full...

On the odd occasion I do get it completely wrong, people I'm pretty spot on with.

Gut feeling/instinct, intuition, an inner voice yep got em. Use them too now, after not using them and paying a price.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back