Gut Feelings On Who Will Win?

White knight said:
That is beacuse elements of the Truth are painful to accept.

Kerry will win the popular vote, Bush will either get the electorial or hijack it again.
Not too difficult to see the pattern developing,
That is when you know Democracy is in trouble, when the electoral arena becomes increasingly confusing, corrupted, and manipulated.

We are seeing this in news reports accross the country, mostly tageted at blacks democratic regions.
Phone calls telling Kerry supporters to go to the wrong locations.
missing ballots in Folorida's democrate county.
Voter challenges.
letter telling voter they will be arrested for child support.
Letters telling democrate voters to vote on diffrent days.

Dimwit..

I predict Bush takes anywhere from 285-300 E.V.'s and wins the popular vote by a small margin. The results will be called tonight without significant dispute by the Democrats.

Here's me crossing my fingers! :mm:

Redz said:
like the last time when the republican dominated supreme court awarded Bush the presidency, despite him losing the popular vote :alco: :banana:

That's just propaganda....

Three times, Redz. Three times they counted those votes and George W. Bush came out the winner each time. Get over it.

White knight said:
That is beacuse elements of the Truth are painful to accept.

Kerry will win the popular vote, Bush will either get the electorial or hijack it again.
Not too difficult to see the pattern developing,
That is when you know Democracy is in trouble, when the electoral arena becomes increasingly confusing, corrupted, and manipulated.

We are seeing this in news reports accross the country, mostly tageted at blacks democratic regions.
Phone calls telling Kerry supporters to go to the wrong locations.
missing ballots in Folorida's democrate county.
Voter challenges.
letter telling voter they will be arrested for child support.
Letters telling democrate voters to vote on diffrent days.

You know those who wish to vote for Kerry are supposed to vote tomorrow, right? All those wishing to vote for Kerry at our polling place were told to come back tomorrow. Don't waste your time there today.....too many Bush lovers...no one in clogs to dance with!

freeandfun1 said:
Do you like to read? If so, read the book "The Future of Freedom". It does an excellent job of pointing out WHY a true democracy is NOT good. Look at India. The world's largest democracy has so many problems because they decide EVERYTHING on a popular vote.

The problem with true democracies is that it puts the power in the hands of special interests.

Exactly. Popular vote in the presidential election is far to easily bought. That coupled with the fact that going by popular vote would essentially give New York City the same amount of power as an entire state like South Dakota should be reason enough. Of course, the only reason there's a "problem" with it now is that for the first time in recent history it didn't work in the favor of a bunch of whiners.

freeandfun1 said:
Do you like to read? If so, read the book "The Future of Freedom". It does an excellent job of pointing out WHY a true democracy is NOT good. Look at India. The world's largest democracy has so many problems because they decide EVERYTHING on a popular vote.

The problem with true democracies is that it puts the power in the hands of special interests.
that is a problem with deomcracy alright, but i think special interests damage all political systems. thanks for the book tip

:rock:

My prediction is that Kerry will win. There were a lot of people who registered this year. I read somewhere that most were DEMOCRATS. Those are the people that will hand Kerry the White House.

Minuteman said:
My prediction is that Kerry will win. There were a lot of people who registered this year. I read somewhere that most were DEMOCRATS. Those are the people that will hand Kerry the White House.

If Kerry wins, I think you have the reason pinned down.---New voters are not necessarily Dems but want to see thier vote go for a change. Makes em feel more empowered

Minuteman said:

Why are you ASSuming that ALL democrats will vote for Kerry?

freeandfun1 said:
Why are you ASSuming that ALL democrats will vote for Kerry?

I didn't mean to imply all. I meant that most NEWLY REGISTERED democrats registered to vote because they want change.

Minuteman said:
I didn't mean to imply all. I meant that most NEWLY REGISTERED democrats registered to vote because they want change.

Granted. But as has been pointed out in numerous places, the Dems registered apathetic potential voters that 1) might not show up today or 2) might show up but not vote the way the dems want. That is a very strong possibility.

I see that Emotions, won over rational thought, I was pretty scared of the bogyman OBL and those unrighteous unholy homosexuals myself.

Forum List

Back