Gustav: Category Three

Atlantic Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook

Looks like the storms are lining up one, two, three, does it?

Hang in there Southern States.

That second one is Hanna. She was on a northwest track but is now shifting to a western trajectory into the Gulf. TX and LA may get hit again in a few weeks.

200808N.png

Tropical Storm Risk (TSR) for long-range forecasts of hurricane, typhoon and cyclone worldwide

If there could be a silver lining, with this storm, my brother just got activated to go work the storm. He is an emergency insurance adjuster and is actually heading in towards the storm in the morning...

Meanwhile, Maine has offered us one of the most beautiful summers I have ever enjoyed in the twenty years I have been here.

Wonder if our winter storm patterns, those deadly nor'easter winter storms we sometimes get, will make us pay for it?

For what it's worth, Austin and other cities in Texas are filling up with people evacuating either via private vehicle, airplane, buses etc. Austin is 500 miles from New Orleans.

For what it's worth, Austin and other cities in Texas are filling up with people evacuating either via private vehicle, airplane, buses etc. Austin is 500 miles from New Orleans.
good news
the more that get out of the way the fewer risk of people dieing

Forum List

Back