Guru cults

Dajjal

Quran buster
Jul 8, 2012
England
I have been involved in a number of cults, and rejected most of them.

For example there was the divine light mission of Guru Maraji, then there was the cult of Japanese Buddhism. As for scientology I never was involved in that as I smell a rat before even getting in the door, when they wanted to give me a free personality test.

But what I found most convincing was Guru Raj Ananda, and although he died in 1988 his teachings live on through the internet. I attended a number of courses with him while he was still alive and you can hear his teachings in many tapes on the following web site.

Gururaj Ananda Yogi

I would love it if some of you people listened to some of the tapes and gave me your views.

For example there was the divine light mission of Guru Maraji, then there was the cult of Japanese Buddhism. As for scientology I never was involved in that as I smell a rat before even getting in the door, when they wanted to give me a free personality test.

But what I found most convincing was Guru Raj Ananda, and although he died in 1988 his teachings live on through the internet. I attended a number of courses with him while he was still alive and you can hear his teachings in many tapes on the following web site.

Gururaj Ananda Yogi

I would love it if some of you people listened to some of the tapes and gave me your views.

OK. You get your first comment from an atheist.

I find nothing wrong with his ideas. If one can condition himself to find the "inner oneness" (or whatever) and finds this way will bring them happiness and fulfillment then I say "why not"? If you can in fact find what you believe to be "god" so much the better.

I have no problem with people that "find god". No problems with gurus teachers, religions or anyoe else who pedals their beliefs legitimately through simple argument. I have the problem with their foisting their ideas, often with government help,on others. I have problems with people claiming their beliefs are facts.

The keyword here is belief, perhaps faith. They don't cal lit that for nothing. There are no facts to support the "inner oneness" or God, any god.

Gururaj Ananda Yogi

I find nothing wrong with his ideas. If one can condition himself to find the "inner oneness" (or whatever) and finds this way will bring them happiness and fulfillment then I say "why not"? If you can in fact find what you believe to be "god" so much the better.

I have no problem with people that "find god". No problems with gurus teachers, religions or anyoe else who pedals their beliefs legitimately through simple argument. I have the problem with their foisting their ideas, often with government help,on others. I have problems with people claiming their beliefs are facts.

The keyword here is belief, perhaps faith. They don't cal lit that for nothing. There are no facts to support the "inner oneness" or God, any god.

Thanks for saving my thread from oblivion, I can only tell you that Guru Raj Ananda was very convincing, and in my time with him I could feel much psychic energy myself.

I have always been able to feel psychic energy from childhood, and I found I could go into old churches in London and feel the psychic warmth within them. The streets of London are filled with negative energys from, all the suffering and wars and I could feel it. But when I walked into an old church I felt the energy that had been impregnated into the walls over centuries of prayer. The most profound experience I had was when I walked into a Franciscian monestary in Italy and I was immediately overwhelmed by the incredible atmosphere. I felt it with every nerve of my being.

So you see I do not have faith I have psychic experience that tells me there is another dimension. I later came to a theology of the occult that explained my feelings.

Gururaj Ananda Yogi

Thanks for saving my thread from oblivion, I can only tell you that Guru Raj Ananda was very convincing, and in my time with him I could feel much psychic energy myself.

I have always been able to feel psychic energy from childhood, and I found I could go into old churches in London and feel the psychic warmth within them. The streets of London are filled with negative energys from, all the suffering and wars and I could feel it. But when I walked into an old church I felt the energy that had been impregnated into the walls over centuries of prayer. The most profound experience I had was when I walked into a Franciscian monestary in Italy and I was immediately overwhelmed by the incredible atmosphere. I felt it with every nerve of my being.

So you see I do not have faith I have psychic experience that tells me there is another dimension. I later came to a theology of the occult that explained my feelings.

David Koresh and Jim Jones were very convincing also.

David Koresh and Jim Jones were very convincing also.

Jesus was pretty convincing as well.. He did this neat little trick with some water, ah he was just great to have at parties.:D

Forum List

Back