Gunsmoke

ozro

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2014
Off-grid Apache County, AZ
the library i use got in 12 seasons.

i am starting from season one after watching it all once.

my favorite reoccuring line is right after matt shoots somebody and he turns to the cowboys gathered around and says:
"Some of you men, get this body off the street".
Its in at least 40 episodes.
I don't know why i find it so amusing, but I do.

the library i use got in 12 seasons.

i am starting from season one after watching it all once.

my favorite reoccuring line is right after matt shoots somebody and he turns to the cowboys gathered around and says:
"Some of you men, get this body off the street".
Its in at least 40 episodes.
I don't know why i find it so amusing, but I do.

There ain't room enough for the both of us in this here town, Marshall Dillon!

I'm related to James Arness some damn way.

But he didn't leave me NUTTIN when he croaked so pfrt.

from everyone i hear tell stories about him being so nice, and would hire or give money to about anyone who looked hungry, I am willing to bet he didn't leave as much as we might think

from everyone i hear tell stories about him being so nice, and would hire or give money to about anyone who looked hungry, I am willing to bet he didn't leave as much as we might think

That's ok. I was just being an asshole anyway.

Gotta keep practicing so I don't lose my touch. :)

Great series that was.(clean family entertainment).. The daughter brought over some movies to watch tonight, and I swear they weren't fit to watch especially with a family. Hollyweird thinks that everyone on this side of the TV screen these days, are just these deplorables who accept their bullcrap in which they push freely off of the big screen TV's that most people are viewing in their living rooms and/or homes today.

I know, just change the channel right ?

Agree, but when changing the channel you realize today that most channels are pumping out the same amount of trash in some sort of competition or this keeping with the trends in comparison to each other these days (ratings).

Feel sorry for the parents and their children when trying to switch channels today, because they find out that choice has become very limited. It's getting harder and harder to escape the bullcrap anymore, so I wonder are most people just giving in ??

All anyone can do these days, is the best that they can do, but the new trends are flat killing the efforts of those trying to escape it now for their families sake, and for their own sake.

Marshall Dillon is a closet homo & Miss Kitty is a lesbian; they will NEVER hook up so, the show is OVA.

Great series that was.(clean family entertainment).. The daughter brought over some movies to watch tonight, and I swear they weren't fit to watch especially with a family. Hollyweird thinks that everyone on this side of the TV screen these days, are just these deplorables who accept their bullcrap in which they push freely off of the big screen TV's that most people are viewing in their living rooms and/or homes today.

I know, just change the channel right ?

Agree, but when changing the channel you realize today that most channels are pumping out the same amount of trash in some sort of competition or this keeping with the trends in comparison to each other these days (ratings).

Feel sorry for the parents and their children when trying to switch channels today, because they find out that choice has become very limited. It's getting harder and harder to escape the bullcrap anymore, so I wonder are most people just giving in ??

All anyone can do these days, is the best that they can do, but the new trends are flat killing the efforts of those trying to escape it now for their families sake, and for their own sake.
It was clean until .....one night...Doc said "Damn". At my house that meant he had to put a quarter in the swear jar. I wrote the series didn't get a penny!

Marshall Dillon is a closet homo & Miss Kitty is a lesbian; they will NEVER hook up so, the show is OVA.

Miss Kitty wasn't any damned ole lesbian.

She was a whore!

There's a difference ya know.

"the rat run over the roof of the henhouse with a dab of raw liver in his mouth"

a festus line that is in several episodes.

ken curtis had a lisp when he was a boy. his teacher taught him that line, and he credited all the times he said it with correcting his speech.

Just for you:

good stuff
ken curtis was a crooner with tommy dorsey and was a member of the sons of the pioneers group before gunsmoke.
he was in several movies prior to gunsmoke as well.
he is also the only actor that had a regular role on gunsmoke that also apeared in 5 episodes before getting a permenant spot. He was 3 different characters besides festus., one notable one a womanizing dandy,

matt dylan was a conposite figure of at least 4 real men, one being Bat Masterson. The stories about wyatt earp and doc holiday are mixed in as well.
in one episode matt runs off clay allison, bat masterson did that .
in another matt faces john wesly hardin, who backs down and rides off. Wyatt Earp did that.
most of the early stories are based on the events in dodge city and hayes kansas though.

miss kitty was a whore in the first seasons and didnt own the long branch until season 3.
In the real Dodge City, the long branch would have been a cheap whorehouse. An ideal situation for a brothel owner was to siddle up to the law.
in real life kitty was a composite of katie elder, doc holiday's partner, and Bat mastersons love, margarita. in real life margerita died of an opium overdose.

Forum List

Back