Guns vs. government

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
The recent shooting in California got me thinking. Here we have a US Veteran who was trained to kill and then discarded by the government. He had emotional problems but the government run health care for Vets cleared him and sent him on his way.

Why are guns to blame and not the government for this?

I know one thing, with the government now in pretty much every nook and cranny in our lives, how can they continue to act with impunity when they are apart of such tragedies while blaming inanimate objects or blaming the average citizen for such occurrences?

When will the government grow a pair and assume responsibility for all the havoc they wreak upon society?

The recent shooting in California got me thinking. Here we have a US Veteran who was trained to kill and then discarded by the government. He had emotional problems but the government run health care for Vets cleared him and sent him on his way.

I know one thing, with the government now in pretty much every nook and cranny in our lives, how can they continue to act with impunity when they are apart of such tragedies while blaming inanimate objects or blaming the average citizen for such occurrences?

When will the government grow a pair and assume responsibility for all the havoc they wreak upon society?

never

the larger picture IMO is the fact that our nation is a nation of violence; period.

if you want to know about a person you do what? You look to their past, their history; that will tell you about the person.

what about a nation? you look to the same thing; the nation's past.

America's story is the story of violence; period.

We will always reap what we have sown.

never

the larger picture IMO is the fact that our nation is a nation of violence; period.

if you want to know about a person you do what? You look to their past, their history; that will tell you about the person.

No doubt America is the most hawkish nation ever to have existed, save Rome, the British, and 20th Century Germany.

The Government/Military/Industrial Complex lives to intervene in world disputes.

World Police!!!

America....FUCK YEAH!!! So, lick my butt and suck on my ba..America, FUCK YEAH!!!
Icondude.gif

What exactly would you have the government do?

You seem to be under the impression that government has unlimited money, to fund unlimited health care, and that even then, they would know this guy would do this.

I think you are wrong on all accounts. Stop looking to government to fix everything in the world. They can't. The reason our society is getting worse and worse, is because we keep demanding government deal with more and more of our problems.

Have you not seen that they are pretty awful at everything?

This is a government run public hospital in New York. Isn't it great? It's free! Free health care is great!

guns aren't ever "to blame", they are a tool. If I chop down the wrong tree is it my chainsaw's part.

Laws can be to blame. His parents who knew he was nuts but just "cute little Johnnie" or whatever may be to blame. His neighbors and fellow Marines may be to blame.

There is something missing here and I can't quite figure it out. I suspect it is the same cultural problem which lets little Al grow from a street thug into Al Capone or some little Jihadist from a crazy radical talkin teenager into a genocidal nut job.

never

No doubt America is the most hawkish nation ever to have existed, save Rome, the British, and 20th Century Germany.

The Government/Military/Industrial Complex lives to intervene in world disputes.

World Police!!!

America....FUCK YEAH!!! So, lick my butt and suck on my ba..America, FUCK YEAH!!!
Icondude.gif

You left out a few empires France, Spain, Japan, Russia, Portugal, Greeks. Mongols and I'm sure I left out about 50 or so others.

Forum List

Back