Guns seized

Are you for equal rights for everybody, or do you just pick who has more rights than someone else?

I think I was asking for your opinion on that.
Should Iran be allowed to have nuclear weapons?
Should John Wilkes-Booth, if he were ever to re-appear through the miracle of time travel, be allowed to have an Uzi or a Glock?
Should the inmates of Guantanamo that have been released without charge be allowed to savour the delights of North Carolina while carrying a concealed weapon?

I know your answer is yes because you believe in the absolute sanctity of the Second Amendment.
So I just wasted a post asking a question I already know the answer to...go figure...

I really don't care who's armed, as long as I am armed. So I do not worry about it. You can bet I am always armed. I carry 2 semi automatics one on me and one in my vehicle.

This would be paranoid even if you lived in Detroit, bigreb.

Just sayin'......

Should John Wilkes-Booth, if he were ever to re-appear through the miracle of time travel, be allowed to have an Uzi or a Glock?
Should the inmates of Guantanamo that have been released without charge be allowed to savour the delights of North Carolina while carrying a concealed weapon?

I know your answer is yes because you believe in the absolute sanctity of the Second Amendment.
So I just wasted a post asking a question I already know the answer to...go figure...

I really don't care who's armed, as long as I am armed. So I do not worry about it. You can bet I am always armed. I carry 2 semi automatics one on me and one in my vehicle.

Just sayin'......

FBI statistics consistently show that armed citizens stop more crime than the police, by a vast margin. Oh and in less than 1% of the time is the weapon even fired and when that occurs less then .0001 percent of the perpetrators are killed with the vast majority simply being scared off.

Just sayin'......

Nope I sleep fine at night.

Would there be any circumstance under which you would ever agree to an individual having restricted access to firearms?
When they have been PROVEN to have a mental deficiency.
Not a 'guilty until proven innocent' kind of approach to a mere allegation.

Would there be any circumstance under which you would ever agree to an individual having restricted access to firearms?
When they have been PROVEN to have a mental deficiency.
Not a 'guilty until proven innocent' kind of approach to a mere allegation.

Well then, you and bigrednec disagree.

This entire situation is all put into perspective according to where each of us are from. For Example: I live in Texas. About 4 or 5 years ago I was stopped by a state trooper for speeding. There had been a speed limit change due to construction. It was about 5 o'clock in the evening. I had a two rifles and a handgun in my truck. I was actually heading to town to take care of some things and then going to meet a friend of mine to go hog hunting. As soon as the trooper got to my truck I quickly informed him that I had guns in my vehicle. He asked me to step out and checked my driver's license and insurance like normal. He asked me where I was heading and why I had the guns. I just told him the same as above and told him what guns I had. (didn't have to but just decided to be honest). The trooper and I struck up a small conversation about hunting and where we like to hunt. He wrote me warning for the speeding and told me "good luck" with my hunting.

Now I'm sure this would have gone alot differently had I been living somewhere else...

This entire situation is all put into perspective according to where each of us are from. For Example: I live in Texas. About 4 or 5 years ago I was stopped by a state trooper for speeding. There had been a speed limit change due to construction. It was about 5 o'clock in the evening. I had a two rifles and a handgun in my truck. I was actually heading to town to take care of some things and then going to meet a friend of mine to go hog hunting. As soon as the trooper got to my truck I quickly informed him that I had guns in my vehicle. He asked me to step out and checked my driver's license and insurance like normal. He asked me where I was heading and why I had the guns. I just told him the same as above and told him what guns I had. (didn't have to but just decided to be honest). The trooper and I struck up a small conversation about hunting and where we like to hunt. He wrote me warning for the speeding and told me "good luck" with my hunting.

Now I'm sure this would have gone alot differently had I been living somewhere else...

Ok.....I'm not trying to "one-up" you, but as God is my witness, this is a true story:

Memorial Day weekend, 2009. Saturday night at midnight.

My nephew and some of his buddies (17-19 year olds) were staying at my cabin on the lake. They met me at my hunting land and I brought a nice array of firearms for everyone to shoot. We went through about 2000 rounds of various calibers, then I loaded everything up and left them around a bonfire where they were going to camp overnight. As I'm passing through a small town on the way home, I get pulled over by one of the 4 city cops, and of course, the only one I don't know and who doesn't know me (young rookie at the time).

LE: "Mr. Mini, you rolled through that stop sign back there....you have any weapons or drugs?"

Me (hands FIRMLY GRIPPING WHEEL at 10 and 2, in plain sight) : "No drugs, but there are 14 rifles/shotguns in the back, all unloaded, and I have 7 handguns in the front, 2 loaded, 1 chambered, and my CCW and FFL are in my wallet."

LE (putting his hand on his sidearm and stepping back) : "Why in the FUCK do you have so many guns!?!?!?"

Me: "I'm a gun dealer, and I've been out playing with my nephew and his buddies all afternoon."

He has me get out of the car, takes both of the loaded firearms and my keys and licenses to his patrol car. 3 minutes later, the Chief rolls up. He looks at me, looks at the Officer, then brings me one of the handguns the Officer had taken to his car.

Chief: "David, can you show us how to remove the magazine, please?"

I drop the mag (Walther P-99, and they were relatively new at the time), then the Chief and I start talking about the gun.

I wound up selling the Chief one right there in front of the Officer, who handed me my ticket and stood there in amazement.

Chief: "Sorry about the ticket, but he was already writing when I pulled up."

Me: "No problem, I did roll through the sign anyway."

LE: "Is that an AK?"

Me: "No. That's a Ruger Mini 14. Greatest rifle ever made. THIS is an AK (handing him the AK). Want one?"

LE: "Yeah, can you order me one?"

:)

Only time I ever got a ticket and turned a profit :)

Ok.....I'm not trying to "one-up" you, but as God is my witness, this is a true story:

My nephew and some of his buddies (17-19 year olds) were staying at my cabin on the lake. They met me at my hunting land and I brought a nice array of firearms for everyone to shoot. We went through about 2000 rounds of various calibers, then I loaded everything up and left them around a bonfire where they were going to camp overnight. As I'm passing through a small town on the way home, I get pulled over by one of the 4 city cops, and of course, the only one I don't know and who doesn't know me (young rookie at the time).

LE: "Mr. Mini, you rolled through that stop sign back there....you have any weapons or drugs?"

Me (hands FIRMLY GRIPPING WHEEL at 10 and 2, in plain sight) : "No drugs, but there are 14 rifles/shotguns in the back, all unloaded, and I have 7 handguns in the front, 2 loaded, 1 chambered, and my CCW and FFL are in my wallet."

LE (putting his hand on his sidearm and stepping back) : "Why in the FUCK do you have so many guns!?!?!?"

Me: "I'm a gun dealer, and I've been out playing with my nephew and his buddies all afternoon."

He has me get out of the car, takes both of the loaded firearms and my keys and licenses to his patrol car. 3 minutes later, the Chief rolls up. He looks at me, looks at the Officer, then brings me one of the handguns the Officer had taken to his car.

I drop the mag (Walther P-99, and they were relatively new at the time), then the Chief and I start talking about the gun.

I wound up selling the Chief one right there in front of the Officer, who handed me my ticket and stood there in amazement.

Me: "No. That's a Ruger Mini 14. Greatest rifle ever made. THIS is an AK (handing him the AK). Want one?"

Question I can get a m-14 ranch rifle stainless steel barrel with a 10 round mag. at walmart for 624.00 is that a good deal

The article said he had been behaving odly and had submitted himself for a psych evaluation.

a bit of proactive prevention of another mass shooting?

I do not know and cannot make a call on what little info is in the article.

But it is enough to trigger a knee jerk "THEY ARE GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY" response from some.

I also do not think the church types would have requested that he step down if he just had guns.

I wonder if he is an avid Fox viewer?

Far out..you were able to get that "Fox viewers are psychotic" plug in there.

:clap2:

Oh yeah, well one time....lol j/k. That's a good story. :lol:

The article said he had been behaving odly and had submitted himself for a psych evaluation.

a bit of proactive prevention of another mass shooting?

I do not know and cannot make a call on what little info is in the article.

But it is enough to trigger a knee jerk "THEY ARE GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY" response from some.

I also do not think the church types would have requested that he step down if he just had guns.

I wonder if he is an avid Fox viewer?
Wow! I got a neg rep from an apparent Avid Fox viewer on this post.

Ohh well their problem not mine.

Question I can get a m-14 ranch rifle stainless steel barrel with a 10 round mag. at walmart for 624.00 is that a good deal

That's not too bad for a stainless barrel.

Just sayin'......

It's not paranoid, madeline. I went to school with kids who drove pickups to school with their firearms in the gun racks, on the seats, on the floorboards. Nobody ever shot up my school. Now they can't do that, but I know lots of people who always have guns with them. Some pack, some don't. But none of them are paranoid. It's just who they are. It's who I am, too, but I can't indulge with this latest litter of kidlets; they appear to have oppositional defiance disorder (ok, not really but it seems like it). They HAVE to do whatever they're told not to..sometimes right in the instant you tell them. No punishment makes a difference and they've been that way since birth, so I maintain a gun/rifle-free household at this point.

That's not too bad for a stainless barrel.

Thanks that's what I was thinking.

Forum List

Back