Guns seized

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
I am to say the least a a little bit more than just PO'ed. I am still trying to find out why a man had his guns seized. The only thing I see is that the government thinks he had too many. If that's the case then the government has stepped over the line. If that's the case are you going to remain silent about it? This must be stop and it must be stop now. This should not be tolerated.

Rev. John Henry takes leave from post at St. Herman's after 230 guns seized | cleveland.com

From the article:
"This raised some fears that the purchases may have been for something other than a legitimate reason," Flask said

"Raised fears" apparently is reason enough to take this mans legally owned weapons and send him to the hospital for Psych eval. WTF?

"OMG! One rifle had a SCOPE! Gasp! OMG! OMG there was an ASSAULT RIFLE there too! OMG! OMG! OMG!" :eek:

The man hadn't commited a single crime with them. Yes, he may have misused funds or misused his tax exempt status as was reported in the story but that's not reason enough to take all his legally owned weapons.

Welcome to the Police State America.

I am to say the least a a little bit more than just PO'ed. I am still trying to find out why a man had his guns seized. The only thing I see is that the government thinks he had too many. If that's the case then the government has stepped over the line. If that's the case are you going to remain silent about it? This must be stop and it must be stop now. This should not be tolerated.

Rev. John Henry takes leave from post at St. Herman's after 230 guns seized | cleveland.com

I can't see anything that he did wrong. Maybe someone else can explain it to me. But why did he consent to a police search without a warrant? That's dumb.

From the article:
"This raised some fears that the purchases may have been for something other than a legitimate reason," Flask said

"Raised fears" apparently is reason enough to take this mans legally owned weapons and send him to the hospital for Psych eval. WTF?

"OMG! One rifle had a SCOPE! Gasp! OMG! OMG there was an ASSAULT RIFLE there too! OMG! OMG! OMG!" :eek:

The man hadn't commited a single crime with them. Yes, he may have misused funds or misused his tax exempt status as was reported in the story but that's not reason enough to take all his legally owned weapons.

This is too much. the government has crossed the line.

I will add this video as a reminder of what the government will do for "your safety"

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't see anything that he did wrong. Maybe someone else can explain it to me. But why did he consent to a police search without a warrant? That's dumb.

Because he was being a good citizen with nothing to hide.

From the article:

Yes, he may have misused funds or misused his tax exempt status as was reported in the story but that's not reason enough to take all his legally owned weapons.

It was said he tried and would be speculating to say he did if there is no paper work showing he did.

The article said he had been behaving odly and had submitted himself for a psych evaluation.

a bit of proactive prevention of another mass shooting?

I do not know and cannot make a call on what little info is in the article.

But it is enough to trigger a knee jerk "THEY ARE GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY" response from some.

I also do not think the church types would have requested that he step down if he just had guns.

I wonder if he is an avid Fox viewer?

Last edited:
The article said he had been behaving odly and had submitted himself for a psych evaluation.

a bit of proactive prevention of another mass shooting?

I do not know and cannot make a call on what little info is in the article.

But it is enough to trigger a knee jerk "THEY ARE GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY" response from some.

I also do not think the church types would have requested that he step down if he just had guns.

I wonder if he is an avid Fox viewer?

Here's what they used as an example of him being a nut.

Flask said that Cleveland officials know and respect that people have the right to purchase as many guns as they can afford. But Henry's behavior, he added, cried for more attention.

For example, Flask said, Henry went to a Walmart between 9 and 10 p.m. and hung around the store until between 1 and 2 a.m. before buying the guns and ammunition.

One thing that I found incorrect wal mart doesn't sale guns or ammo after certain hours. 1:00 AM OR 2:00AM WOULD BE A NO NO FOR ANY WALMART.

If the psych eval goes well will he have his guns returned?????

Some of the people who had their guns taken away in New Orleans are still fighting to have them returned. And he's not crazy,
I didn't mean to imply that he is crazy.
It appears to me that he tried to do right by volunteering for the eval. Sort of a, "I'll show you I'm not crazy" kinda gesture.

If the psych eval goes well will he have his guns returned?????

Some of the people who had their guns taken away in New Orleans are still fighting to have them returned. And he's not crazy,
I didn't mean to imply that he is crazy.
It appears to me that he tried to do right by volunteering for the eval. Sort of a, "I'll show you I'm not crazy" kinda gesture.

Anyone that lives in New Orleans is not quite sane.

Discretionary confiscation is given to most law enforcement officers, behavior is normally the reason used,,, again at the discretion of the observing officer,, no legal enforcement offense was committed unless perjury was committed by the police, but the psych examination seems to have substantiated the complaint and confiscation.
Act loony and self righteous in front ot the wrong folks and you can be put away as a danger to the public and all your dangerous implements confiscated, including your neck tie, belt, nail clippers and shoe laces,, that's a law as I understand it.
Being politically incorrect is thought loony in many cases and what you say or transmit by any means can used against you.
Nearly all cops are fearful of guns,,, in other peoples hands,,, it's called a healthy paranoia in the cop biz..

Last edited:
Discretionary confiscation is given to most law enforcement officers, behavior is normally the reason used,,, again at the discretion of the observing officer,, no legal enforcement offense was committed unless perjury was committed by the police, but the psych examination seems to have substantiated the complaint and confiscation.
Act loony and self righteous in front ot the wrong folks and you can be put away as a danger to the public and all your dangerous implements confiscated, including your neck tie, belt, nail clippers and shoe laces,, that's a law as I understand it.
Being politically incorrect is thought loony in many cases and what you say or transmit by any means can used against you.
Nearly all cops are fearful of guns,,, in other peoples hands,,, it's called a healthy paranoia in the cop biz..

Exactly where does the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed upon, equate to Discretionary confiscation?

Bigreb, this story is being followed closely here, and the Plain Dealer is being VERY circumspect about what it publishes. Rev. Henry is credited with being the leading force behind one of the city's largest homeless shelters, and has a wide and dedicated following.

But bigreb, the man was storing guns inside an unlocked car on the shelter's premises. When the police were done, they had collected over 200 weapons and almost 2,000 cases of ammunition. (Most of the guns and ammo were found at a farm, located away from the homeless shelter -- but some were found in and round the shelter.)

The police did a "pick up and hold for observation" on Rev. Henry, at the request of someone. A neighbor? A parishioner? A friend? A gun dealer? We don't know -- but whoever it was had concerns the cops felt were serious.

Even if the man is found sane, and I hope he is, storing weapons and ammo where the homeless can easily access them seems like an act that is not in keeping with his Lutheran faith or the neighborhood's well-being.

What would you have preferred the cops to do?

Forum List

Back