Guns or Drugs?

Tell me when has prohibition of anything resulted in less crime?

Prohibition of alcohol increased crime, cost the governemnt more and did nothing to stop the use of alcohol.
Prohibition of drugs increases crime, does not affect the availability or rate of use of drugs and costs the government billions a year

Tell me why you think prohibition works?

As I've instructed you before, prohibition does not work. Which is why gun control makes sense.

The fact that you and others always change the debate and continue the fake narrative that the goal is to banish guns is the desire of all Democrats, liberals, progressives or leftists is nothing but a damn lie.

Prohibition of alcohol increased crime, cost the governemnt more and did nothing to stop the use of alcohol.
Prohibition of drugs increases crime, does not affect the availability or rate of use of drugs and costs the government billions a year

The left seems to think that the prohibition of guns will work.

As I've instructed you before, prohibition does not work. Which is why gun control makes sense.

The fact that you and others always change the debate and continue the fake narrative that the goal is to banish guns is the desire of all Democrats, liberals, progressives or leftists is nothing but a damn lie.

But gun control is a type of prohibition.

Guns and drugs have become two of the leading causes of death in the US. In fact, drugs out pace gun deaths in the US, yet political figures seem only concerned with gun violence.

On average, about a 100 people die of drug overdoses in the US, and close to that many die every day of gun violence. These illicit drugs are illegal, yet they run rampant in the US, so how would making guns illegal make that situation any better?

Out of all the threads about the Vegas shooting, I have yet to hear how any legislation could have prevented the tragedy. For me, the political "answers" to societal problems are often hollow with alternative goals. For example, the answer to global warming seems to be raising taxes. That's right, just tax people more so they have less to spend. That means they don't travel as much or live in houses that are too big, thus reducing carbon emissions. In reality, that is no answer at all and seems nothing more than just another money making scheme. In fact, any scientist will tell you that the Paris Agreement Trump withdrew from would have done next to nothing about global warming.

That is the same kind of vibe I get from the whole gun issue. As soon as there is a tragedy, you get talking heads in there demanding "action" even before they know all of the details of the tragedy or even knowing if the laws in place should have prevented it.

It seems to me that the gun and drug issue are intimately linked. After all, gun violence is often associated with the drug issue. The odd thing is though, liberals seem to want to reverse their legal status. They want to legalize drugs and ban guns. How this will change anything I have no idea. Additionally, people are killing themselves by overdosing. In correlation, about 62% of gun deaths are from suicide.

What I do know is that I'm sick of politicizing each and every tragedy involving guns, unless, of course, it is some angry Muslim in California shooting people in the streets. Then all of a sudden you hear nothing about gun control measures.

Very odd.

Hmmm.. your nom de plume is Votto; is "Very odd" you real name or your nick name?

Think baseball.

Guns and drugs have become two of the leading causes of death in the US. In fact, drugs out pace gun deaths in the US, yet political figures seem only concerned with gun violence.

On average, about a 100 people die of drug overdoses in the US, and close to that many die every day of gun violence. These illicit drugs are illegal, yet they run rampant in the US, so how would making guns illegal make that situation any better?

Out of all the threads about the Vegas shooting, I have yet to hear how any legislation could have prevented the tragedy. For me, the political "answers" to societal problems are often hollow with alternative goals. For example, the answer to global warming seems to be raising taxes. That's right, just tax people more so they have less to spend. That means they don't travel as much or live in houses that are too big, thus reducing carbon emissions. In reality, that is no answer at all and seems nothing more than just another money making scheme. In fact, any scientist will tell you that the Paris Agreement Trump withdrew from would have done next to nothing about global warming.

That is the same kind of vibe I get from the whole gun issue. As soon as there is a tragedy, you get talking heads in there demanding "action" even before they know all of the details of the tragedy or even knowing if the laws in place should have prevented it.

It seems to me that the gun and drug issue are intimately linked. After all, gun violence is often associated with the drug issue. The odd thing is though, liberals seem to want to reverse their legal status. They want to legalize drugs and ban guns. How this will change anything I have no idea. Additionally, people are killing themselves by overdosing. In correlation, about 62% of gun deaths are from suicide.

What I do know is that I'm sick of politicizing each and every tragedy involving guns, unless, of course, it is some angry Muslim in California shooting people in the streets. Then all of a sudden you hear nothing about gun control measures.

Very odd.

What if we make guns out of drugs?

If you consume the drug, the gun is gone.

Very odd.

Hmmm.. your nom de plume is Votto; is "Very odd" you real name or your nick name?

Think baseball.

I will in seven minutes. BTW, I've had Cincinnati Chile, never again.

Very odd.

What if we make guns out of drugs?

If you consume the drug, the gun is gone.

Quick, get me Eric Holder on the phone. I think we can make this work smuggling them across the border..

It could completely change the meaning of the phrase, "Taking a hit".

Very odd.

Think baseball.

You should try their ribs instead.

Just like last week when a guy shot up some churchgoers in Tennessee and was quickly shoved under the rug.
I had to go to some off the wall news site to get a update on that. So sad..
I will go ahead and say that guy did ti for retaliation for dillon roof, apparently.

I just got 2 million results; the sad thing is.....this DB had a lower "death toll". One MSM article that is comprehensive.

Suspect in Tennessee church shooting may have sought revenge for Charleston massacre

The only problem with that theory is that the Tennessee shooter was an immigrant from Sudan, which is 97% Muslim. He may have attended services there, but was he a Christian?

The left seems to think that the prohibition of guns will work.

No they don't. Prohibition doesn't work, one wonders why the AG wants to continue to keep MJ as a schedule I drug. Maybe he an Trump hold stock in the adult beverage industry and Big Pharma.

Very odd.

Think baseball.

You should try their ribs instead.

Now you're talking.

Not. What do you consider gun control to encompass?

Very odd.

Think baseball.

You'll be thinking about baseball in 7 minutes? Having sex and working on your premature ejaculation problem?

BTW, Cincinnati is in Ohio, not Chile! :D

You can ban or try and regulate automatic weapons all you want, much like they tried to do with alcohol, but it will fail just like Prohibition did.

Very odd.

Think baseball.

You'll be thinking about baseball in 7 minutes? Having sex and working on your premature ejaculation problem?

BTW, Cincinnati is in Ohio, not Chile! :D

F Off Junior. Why the interest in my sex life? Are you gay? I've been married to the same gal since Aug. 1974 and not interested in your overtures. BTW, Cincinnati Chile is pasta, covered in Chile and cheese, and I found it disgusting, not as disgusting as your vulgar comment, but still damn gross.

Last edited:

You can ban or try and regulate automatic weapons all you want, much like they tried to do with alcohol, but it will fail just like Prohibition did.

They won't be banned, but possession without a license ought to be a felony, and good cause for imprisonment and a lifetime on Probation.

You couldn't instruct me on how to tie my shoes.

The goal of many of you idiots is to ban all guns and don't tell me it's not true.

We already have thousands of gun control laws on the books but we do not enforce them with the severity necessary if at all.

Prohibition always backfires. Regardless of its target.
It only results in an underground market, criminal supply, and ensuing violence.

As the old saying goes, "if you take guns away from the citizens, the only one's with guns will be the criminals."

You couldn't instruct me on how to tie my shoes.

The goal of many of you idiots is to ban all guns and don't tell me it's not true.

We already have thousands of gun control laws on the books but we do not enforce them with the severity necessary if at all.

You're a damn liar. I've posted my opinion on guns and their control which had nothing in it to ban guns. I've posted dozens of times that sane, sober and law abiding individuals have the right to own, possess or have in their custody or control and yet you continue to lie that a gun ban is my agenda.

You're worse than a damn liar, for you and others who put your toys over the lives of so many is evil, and along with the NRA enables terrorists - domestic and foreign- - to easily slaughter our citizens.

Forum List

Back