Guns in home kills family of five.

That's a different link than the Op posted, this statement wasn't in there so i didn't see it....so i was questioning her title of "Guns in Home", because that link didn't say where they came from and that they were investigating it.

Yeah it can be so confusing when these stories break. I'm never sure which are the actual facts so I look at a bunch of sources and try to find some common reporting.

Ya....i should do that too, especially when the OP is a nut case at times~ Lol~
I still think it stinks that she would make her heading of the story "Guns in Home" when her link didn't even say that.

Stories like this though will MAYBE make other families more aware of what's going on around them and take better precautions if there are guns in the home.

It would be nice if people started being less in denial about mental illness and started thinking there was nothing wrong or shameful about getting your kids treated if they need it.

It isn't guns or people, it's statistics that kill people. Those darn statistics, we gotta outlaw them in America, they make us look bad.

Myth: A gun in the home increases personal safety.
Fact: A gun in the home make homicide 2.7 times more likely.

"Keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one, according to a study by Arthur Kellermann. The National Rifle Association has fiercely attacked this study, but it remains valid despite its criticisms. The study found that people are 21 times more likely to be killed by someone they know than a stranger breaking into the house. Half of the murders were over arguments or romantic triangles. The study also found that the increased murder rate in gun-owning households was entirely due to an increase in gun homicides only, not any other murder method. It further found that gun-owning households saw an increased murder risk by family or intimate acquaintances, not by strangers or non-intimate acquaintances. The most straightforward explanation is that the presence of a gun increases the possibility that a normal family fight or drinking binge will become deadly. No other explanation fits the above facts." A gun in the home increases personal safety

All the more reason to make sure they are locked up, no one allows poisons around children why are guns an exception?

Myth: Anyone besides Midcan listens to or believes his bullshit blog "sources".
Fact: Even leftists think Midcan is a moron with no sources.

Every mass shooter in the last couple of years was a registered democrat. The Columbine kids weren't old enough to vote but their parents were registered democrats. The Va. Tech shooter was a registered democrat, the Ft. Hood shooter was a registered democrat and the Sandy Hook shooter was a registered democrat. Maybe there is a streak of insanity running through the democrat party.

Do you honestly believe these people mass shoot because of the alleged letter after their name?
When looking at stats, and then at starting points, well all things are considered.. Nothing is off the table in any investigation that therefore looks at profiles, and then next the forming of bad character traits among people as individuals and/or as groups, especially those who kill or lend to the cultures in which learn how to kill or do kill. We should also look at cultures that devalue life in these ways. We must always look at patterns developing or that have developed in people and/or groups that are connected to these problems without a doubt, especially at those who begin to engage in activity that hurts, kills or destroys people and ultimately a nation.

A legend in your own mind......

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Twist stories much?

Dude, did you read the fucking title of this thread?

Fucking actually I fucking did. Did you? Let's fucking see.

Guns in home kills family of five

-- "Guns" = plural. "Kills" = singular. Therefore the subject of the sentence is not the noun Guns but the phrase guns in home. The (singular) concept of a home with guns.
Ergo, "the condition of having guns in a home kills five".

Next week we'll do predicate adjectives. À la fucking prochaine.

Funny, this story is about some kid killing his family, not guns suddenly developing the ability to move and the will to kill people.
Who said that?

Who knew that guns operated on their own with no human intervention.
Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Autonomous guns? Shit, we're screwed!
Who said that?

I didn't see a single place in this article where the GUNS killed anyone. If I missed the sentence that said, "And then the guns jumped up, loaded themselves, and shot everyone", please cite it.
Who said that?

Twist stories much?

Did you read the tile of the thread? Let me repeat if fro you.

Funny, this story is about some kid killing his family, not guns suddenly developing the ability to move and the will to kill people.
Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

I didn't see a single place in this article where the GUNS killed anyone. If I missed the sentence that said, "And then the guns jumped up, loaded themselves, and shot everyone", please cite it.
Who said that?

Twist stories much?

You got there first.

Yeah it can be so confusing when these stories break. I'm never sure which are the actual facts so I look at a bunch of sources and try to find some common reporting.

Ya....i should do that too, especially when the OP is a nut case at times~ Lol~
I still think it stinks that she would make her heading of the story "Guns in Home" when her link didn't even say that.

Stories like this though will MAYBE make other families more aware of what's going on around them and take better precautions if there are guns in the home.

It would be nice if people started being less in denial about mental illness and started thinking there was nothing wrong or shameful about getting your kids treated if they need it.
Major problem I am seeing today, is parents mostly single parent households, are losing control of their kids, and have been doing this for quite sometime now. Add a bad economy to this, and the feeling that there is no hope or future, and you have one messed up situation on your hands... Then they ( the parent or in many cases impoverished parents) are ashamed to admit it, so little Johnny or Susie becomes a terror without restrictions upon his or her finally going rogue. Then if not careful, he or she is loosed upon society to then take out their frustrations or self learned ill mannerism's on his or her unsuspecting victims in society, even acting out against the parent or parents if think that they are responsible for the situation that they have been placed in now. We are seeing this more and more now.

It can be fixed, but it will take being honest about the situations, and not skating on the responsibilities that we as a society have on doing the right things together on these issues, and this in order to fix or properly address these new phenomena's that have been occurring more and more these days.

I read the article you linked....Did you miss this part????

Authorities said each victim suffered more than one gunshot wound, and several guns were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle. Investigators were trying to determine who owned the guns.

So we don't know if those guns were already in the house, or if the boy brought them in from someplace else....Did he steal them? Did his parents own them? We don't know...and neither do you. Like we keep trying to tell you people, if a criminal wants a gun to murder someone, they will get one (or more!) somehow.

We don't even know if the gun used was owned by the family.

Guns that kill without human intervention must be what all the assault rifle business is about. I'm glad my guns never take it upon themselves, and commit violent acts.

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Twist stories much?

-- "Guns" = plural. "Kills" = singular. Therefore the subject of the sentence is not the noun Guns but the phrase guns in home. The (singular) concept of a home with guns.

You might have a point if the OP was known for being a Grammar Nazi. Given the fact that she usually posts incoherent rants about illegal immigrants that are barely recognizable as being related to the English language, you just look like an idiot.

It isn't guns or people, it's statistics that kill people. Those darn statistics, we gotta outlaw them in America, they make us look bad.

"Keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one, according to a study by Arthur Kellermann. The National Rifle Association has fiercely attacked this study, but it remains valid despite its criticisms. The study found that people are 21 times more likely to be killed by someone they know than a stranger breaking into the house. Half of the murders were over arguments or romantic triangles. The study also found that the increased murder rate in gun-owning households was entirely due to an increase in gun homicides only, not any other murder method. It further found that gun-owning households saw an increased murder risk by family or intimate acquaintances, not by strangers or non-intimate acquaintances. The most straightforward explanation is that the presence of a gun increases the possibility that a normal family fight or drinking binge will become deadly. No other explanation fits the above facts." A gun in the home increases personal safety

All the more reason to make sure they are locked up, no one allows poisons around children why are guns an exception?

Myth: the entire premise of your idiotic attempt to repeat a lie that has been throoughly debunked.

Fact: You wouldn't understand the truth if Obama himself declared it.

Getting guns out of the hands of criminals (not law abiding legal gun owners), is like taking the pen of a bad check writer or the check book which ever is easiest, because a bad check writer is also a criminal if only of a lesser degree, but none the less still a criminal.

We can do this gun control against criminals only, for whom are with guns illegally, and this while leaving the law abiding citizens with guns alone, but first we have to get all these anti-American groups like the ACLU and the like on board with us, so they will quit making excuses for or protecting the criminals because of their profit making off of them, along with their kickbacks and/or just plain ignorance in which they have in regards to these problems..

Last edited:
After reading the title to this thread I can help but envision guns jumping off of the shelves, tying up and shooting a family of five....but, it doesn't really work that way does it? It generally requires human intervention.

After reading the title to this thread I can help but envision guns jumping off of the shelves, tying up and shooting a family of five....but, it doesn't really work that way does it? It generally requires human intervention.

And mental illness... So why do the gun grabbers target Law abiding citizens? The question so few progressives want to answer...

Myth: the entire premise of your idiotic attempt to repeat a lie that has been throoughly debunked.

Fact: You wouldn't understand the truth if Obama himself declared it.
Well, if it has been debunked so thoroughly, I think you could post a link to that debunking. Don't you think???

And mental illness... So why do the gun grabbers target Law abiding citizens? The question so few progressives want to answer...
I am actually much more interested in what has made you so paranoid. So, again, 20 elementry school kids, and you worry about not having access to a 30 round magazine. Or being able to buy guns without background checks. Seems obvious enough that your priorities are really fucked up.

Wanting background checks, mental health assessments, a 7 day waiting period, registration, and a ban on the purchase of guns at a gun show by non registered Americans is not 'targeting' you. Its a compromise, which you refuse to even consider.

No, I don't think it's a question few progressives want to answer - it's just that it's the only way to go at it in their minds - it's not targeting law abiding citizens - it's attempting to target all but, as usual, it's the law abiding ones that will be most affected.

My personal view is in support of moderate gun control measures. For example - I support background checks for ALL purchasers and I support a ban on high-capacity magazines.

On the other side I strongly support mental health measures. The first thing to get cut in a budget crisis is mental health and I think we are seeing some of the consequences of that. Arizona, for example, where Giffords was shot, has some good laws on the books but no budget to fund them so people who need help, can't get it or don't get into the system. It's that way around the country - so why are we surprised at these happenings when the mental health system is essentially gutted?

You might have a point if the OP was known for being a Grammar Nazi. Given the fact that she usually posts incoherent rants about illegal immigrants that are barely recognizable as being related to the English language, you just look like an idiot.

Uh-- I look like an idiot? Look at your next post; you don't even know the difference between fact and opinion.

No, actually I just know how the English language works. I use it every day. Properly. That's why I know what the title actually means. Granted the syntax construction isn't the best but only an idiot or a non-English speaker wouldn't get the meaning. I mean it's a cute lame joke to take it literally and pretend these guns just jumped up like cartoon characters. For those who live in the world of fantasy, I guess that's even plausible.

Good luck with ESL.

Who said that?

Who knew that guns operated on their own with no human intervention.

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Autonomous guns? Shit, we're screwed!

Who said that?

Who said that?

Twist stories much?

Why not just canonize guns?

This excuse is getting tiresome because guns DO kill people.

Forum List

Back