Guns in home kills family of five.

I read the article you linked....Did you miss this part????

Authorities said each victim suffered more than one gunshot wound, and several guns were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle. Investigators were trying to determine who owned the guns.

So we don't know if those guns were already in the house, or if the boy brought them in from someplace else....Did he steal them? Did his parents own them? We don't know...and neither do you. Like we keep trying to tell you people, if a criminal wants a gun to murder someone, they will get one (or more!) somehow.

I actually read this:

Kid Kills Five in Family in New Mexico, Planned Slaughter at WalMart | The Nation

He had gotten them out of his father’s unlocked closet, not a gun safe, after he had a “minor disagreement” with his mother. He shot her in her bed, then the three little kids, in their beds. Mulitple times. Perhaps with the semi-auto rifle. Waited a few hours, then shot dad when he came home.

Not attesting to any of the validity of the reporting.

Again, guns in the home didn't kill anyone. A crazy kid in the home killed his family - AGAIN. And, the family was well aware that they had a crazy kid in the household. While there is a right to have a gun, anyone who keeps firearms in a home where there is a known crazy person is more culpable than the crazy person themselves.

More details here:

Pressing Issues: UPDATES: Teenage Gunman Slays 5 in New Mexico

the family was well aware that they had a crazy kid in the household. While there is a right to have a gun, anyone who keeps firearms in a home where there is a known crazy person is more culpable than the crazy person themselves.

I agree on that point with a question. Was he known to be dangerous or simply mentally ill? Were the parents in fear for their lives? Not all mentally ill people are violent.

In fact, most are NOT violent or dangerous at all, except perhaps to themselves. Mental illness typically brings with it a lack of organization in thinking processes and planning that makes it impossible to follow through from "I"m angry at you" to "I'm doing something about it".

Every mass shooter in the last couple of years was a registered democrat. The Columbine kids weren't old enough to vote but their parents were registered democrats. The Va. Tech shooter was a registered democrat, the Ft. Hood shooter was a registered democrat and the Sandy Hook shooter was a registered democrat. Maybe there is a streak of insanity running through the democrat party.

Do you honestly believe these people mass shoot because of the alleged letter after their name?

I suspect he's saying more that a certain end of the political spectrum has attitudes and viewpoints that lend themselves to violent disrespect for human life in people who are already mentally unstable.

That's how I took it, anyway.

Again, guns in the home didn't kill anyone. A crazy kid in the home killed his family - AGAIN. And, the family was well aware that they had a crazy kid in the household. While there is a right to have a gun, anyone who keeps firearms in a home where there is a known crazy person is more culpable than the crazy person themselves.

More details here:

Pressing Issues: UPDATES: Teenage Gunman Slays 5 in New Mexico

the family was well aware that they had a crazy kid in the household. While there is a right to have a gun, anyone who keeps firearms in a home where there is a known crazy person is more culpable than the crazy person themselves.

I agree on that point with a question. Was he known to be dangerous or simply mentally ill? Were the parents in fear for their lives? Not all mentally ill people are violent.

Mentally ill people are unstable. If you want to trust that your family member's instability won't result in violence, or negligence for that matter, you are taking your life and the lives of many others in your hands.

There's still an amazing stigma among a lot of people about mental illness. They don't want to admit that the "quirkiness" of their family member might be something serious, needing diagnosis and treatment, because they think it's something awful and shameful. So a lot of people won't go to psychiatrists, or even mention it to their family doctor.

Authorities said each victim suffered more than one gunshot wound, and several guns were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle. Investigators were trying to determine who owned the guns.

So we don't know if those guns were already in the house, or if the boy brought them in from someplace else....Did he steal them? Did his parents own them? We don't know...and neither do you. Like we keep trying to tell you people, if a criminal wants a gun to murder someone, they will get one (or more!) somehow.

I actually read this:

Kid Kills Five in Family in New Mexico, Planned Slaughter at WalMart | The Nation

He had gotten them out of his father’s unlocked closet, not a gun safe, after he had a “minor disagreement” with his mother. He shot her in her bed, then the three little kids, in their beds. Mulitple times. Perhaps with the semi-auto rifle. Waited a few hours, then shot dad when he came home.

That's a different link than the Op posted, this statement wasn't in there so i didn't see it....so i was questioning her title of "Guns in Home", because that link didn't say where they came from and that they were investigating it.

I actually read this:

That's a different link than the Op posted, this statement wasn't in there so i didn't see it....so i was questioning her title of "Guns in Home", because that link didn't say where they came from and that they were investigating it.

Yeah it can be so confusing when these stories break. I'm never sure which are the actual facts so I look at a bunch of sources and try to find some common reporting.

I actually read this:

Yeah it can be so confusing when these stories break. I'm never sure which are the actual facts so I look at a bunch of sources and try to find some common reporting.

Ya....i should do that too, especially when the OP is a nut case at times~ Lol~
I still think it stinks that she would make her heading of the story "Guns in Home" when her link didn't even say that.

Stories like this though will MAYBE make other families more aware of what's going on around them and take better precautions if there are guns in the home.

GUNS IN HOME KILLS FAMILY OF FIVE.
15-year-old boy suspected of killing parents, 3 kids in New Mexico home
15-year-old boy suspected of killing parents, 3 kids in New Mexico home | Fox News
Again, guns in the home kills family instead of protecting family by a good kid. All law abiding citizens should under go an psychiatric evaluations before allowed to buy guns. Again a assault weapon involved.

Amazing that this is made to sound as if the "bad gun" forced its will upon an innocent kid. Nice try.

-Jeremiah

Funny, this story is about some kid killing his family, not guns suddenly developing the ability to move and the will to kill people.

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Who said that?

I didn't see a single place in this article where the GUNS killed anyone. If I missed the sentence that said, "And then the guns jumped up, loaded themselves, and shot everyone", please cite it.

Who said that?

Twist stories much?

Dude, did you read the fucking title of this thread?

Guns in home kills family of five.

Fucking actually I fucking did. Did you? Let's fucking see.

Guns in home kills family of five

-- "Guns" = plural. "Kills" = singular. Therefore the subject of the sentence is not the noun Guns but the phrase guns in home. The (singular) concept of a home with guns.
Ergo, "the condition of having guns in a home kills five".

Next week we'll do predicate adjectives. À la fucking prochaine.

Last edited:
Contrary to the left wing agenda this isn't about guns. Its about a sickness in American society where life is no longer respected. It is about mental illness. Why are young children so mentally unstable, so detached from reality and so apparently aloof to the value of life? This boy was angry with his mother apparently. Anyone who really is concerned with this type of violence and anger would seek to find the cause rather than seek to further their political agenda.

By the way, the reports are the guns were in the parent's closet and he went into their room in the middle of the night while they slept.

:clap2:

Hear hear, print this out and shout it from the rooftops. Exactly what I've been saying about gun culture since before I got here.

Last edited:
Every mass shooter in the last couple of years was a registered democrat. The Columbine kids weren't old enough to vote but their parents were registered democrats. The Va. Tech shooter was a registered democrat, the Ft. Hood shooter was a registered democrat and the Sandy Hook shooter was a registered democrat. Maybe there is a streak of insanity running through the democrat party.

Do you honestly believe these people mass shoot because of the alleged letter after their name?

After the subhuman slur he laid down on my story of my dying friend, I believe he's just that low.

with gun ownership comes responsibility. these owners did not excercise that. having said that there were numerous auto fatalities this weekend. someone was not excercising their responsibility there either.

with gun ownership comes responsibility. these owners did not excercise that. having said that there were numerous auto fatalities this weekend. someone was not excercising their responsibility there either.

Now Now you and me both know it is never the criminals fault or the crazy fucks fault....It is ours for having our freedoms and having Guns to protect them,

Thats sarcasm by the way

Now Now you and me both know it is never the criminals fault or the crazy fucks fault....It is ours for having our freedoms and having Guns to protect them,

Thats sarcasm by the way

the gun owner who has never hit anything but a target is to blame. 300,000,000 guns in the usa. how many of them actually take lives?

Thats sarcasm by the way

the gun owner who has never hit anything but a target is to blame. 300,000,000 guns in the usa. how many of them actually take lives?

Thus the point of my sarcasm.

Thats sarcasm by the way

Thus the point of my sarcasm.

you know what else i like, how we have to pretend a certain type of gun was used to kill kids because we want to ban them

Ya....i should do that too, especially when the OP is a nut case at times~ Lol~
I still think it stinks that she would make her heading of the story "Guns in Home" when her link didn't even say that.

Stories like this though will MAYBE make other families more aware of what's going on around them and take better precautions if there are guns in the home.

Some posters and headline writers are just bomb throwers. Easy enough to smack them down with the facts. Guns are not evil nor do they operate without human intervention.

It isn't guns or people, it's statistics that kill people. Those darn statistics, we gotta outlaw them in America, they make us look bad.

Myth: A gun in the home increases personal safety.
Fact: A gun in the home make homicide 2.7 times more likely.

"Keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one, according to a study by Arthur Kellermann. The National Rifle Association has fiercely attacked this study, but it remains valid despite its criticisms. The study found that people are 21 times more likely to be killed by someone they know than a stranger breaking into the house. Half of the murders were over arguments or romantic triangles. The study also found that the increased murder rate in gun-owning households was entirely due to an increase in gun homicides only, not any other murder method. It further found that gun-owning households saw an increased murder risk by family or intimate acquaintances, not by strangers or non-intimate acquaintances. The most straightforward explanation is that the presence of a gun increases the possibility that a normal family fight or drinking binge will become deadly. No other explanation fits the above facts." A gun in the home increases personal safety

All the more reason to make sure they are locked up, no one allows poisons around children why are guns an exception?

It isn't guns or people, it's statistics that kill people. Those darn statistics, we gotta outlaw them in America, they make us look bad.

Myth: A gun in the home increases personal safety.
Fact: A gun in the home make homicide 2.7 times more likely.

"Keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one, according to a study by Arthur Kellermann. The National Rifle Association has fiercely attacked this study, but it remains valid despite its criticisms. The study found that people are 21 times more likely to be killed by someone they know than a stranger breaking into the house. Half of the murders were over arguments or romantic triangles. The study also found that the increased murder rate in gun-owning households was entirely due to an increase in gun homicides only, not any other murder method. It further found that gun-owning households saw an increased murder risk by family or intimate acquaintances, not by strangers or non-intimate acquaintances. The most straightforward explanation is that the presence of a gun increases the possibility that a normal family fight or drinking binge will become deadly. No other explanation fits the above facts." A gun in the home increases personal safety

All the more reason to make sure they are locked up, no one allows poisons around children why are guns an exception?

lol, nice study. lets see, a gun is used in about 50% of homides, no 2.7 times there. most homicdes do not occur in the house where the gun is, so no 2.7 times there. sounds like arthur is a spin doctor

Forum List

Back