Guns in church

This must be close to the ultimate example of paranoia combined with sick fascination with weapons.

I've never posted in this forum before but it seems the right place for this. Last week I visited my siblings and someone said that people who go to their church "carry." I said, "Carry what?" "Guns," he said.

I was floored. I have never ever thought about carrying a gun to my place of worship. My brother said, "Onward Christian soldiers!"

Is this a common practice? What does it say about our faith and trust in God?

Given that Dylan Roof thing, I think the Elders should be packing to keep people safe. :dunno:

Trust in God, but watch out for man.

Tbh, I haven't ..wait..I did once, by accident. I never thought about it, I just did it by accident one time. I got rid of that gun after being in the grocery store line, feeling around in my pocket for money and that gun was there. That day I realized I didn't need it, sold it within a week.

This must be close to the ultimate example of paranoia combined with sick fascination with weapons.
----------------------------------------- aw , Americans are FREE to do what they like within the law . Lets You and I say a quick Prayer on this Sunday to ask GOD to make sure that that Freedom never Ends '4eye'

and AMERICAN Church goers don't have to be armed , its just that some or many American Church goers want to be armed Asher .

I've never posted in this forum before but it seems the right place for this. Last week I visited my siblings and someone said that people who go to their church "carry." I said, "Carry what?" "Guns," he said.

I was floored. I have never ever thought about carrying a gun to my place of worship. My brother said, "Onward Christian soldiers!"

The synagogue I attend has armed security and the police put extra units at the shul during Jewish holidays.

Are you going to tell me that's not a good idea?
No, I'm not, because it's obviously each institution's choice. I just have never given the issue any thought until it came up recently.
--------------------------------------------- not the Institutions choice as a properly carried concealed firearm is never seen Delores , ------------ just a comment .

the need to be prepared is now more then ever

when seconds matter

One freedom all humans have everywhere is the right to think.
The risk in church is so ridiculously low that there is no excuse to carry a 'gun' other than mental illness.

the need to be prepared is now more then ever

when seconds matter
--------------------------------------- yep , whats the saying , i think it goes that --- when seconds matter the police are only minutes away !! Thanks and many people probably don't realize or recognize that reality JonB .

Last edited:
Police do the best they can and save many lives and stop lots of crime . But quite often police show up after the crime is committed to collect evidence and draw chalk outline around the bodies of DEAD PEOPLE or Church goers .

We have a whole team of concealed armed people, all part of our security force. Some are cops, some Marines, some just people good with guns.
And our Pastors are within 10 feet of a gun at the Pulpit.

If you need to ask why, you don't watch current events.

What does it say about our faith and trust in God?

And you need to learn what Jesus said if you're going to judge churches and Christians.

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Luke 22:36

The synagogue I attend has armed security and the police put extra units at the shul during Jewish holidays.

Same here, except our regular security guard is only armed with t baton. But our security company only hires former IDF.

I think there is a difference between having to have perimeter security and worshipers being armed.
------------------------------------------------------ IDF and other Special people guarding your lives in Church eh ?? So with IDF and my assumption that you are Israeli i think that you have No RIGHT to be armed . And thats cool for Israel but here in the USA Americans quite often carry guns to protect themselves and others in Church because we have the RIGHT to be armed. Plus who wants to trust a retired Special person with their lives Asher .

I'm in Canada. And they are young people recently out of the IDF. I trust them.

Same here, except our regular security guard is only armed with t baton. But our security company only hires former IDF.

I think there is a difference between having to have perimeter security and worshipers being armed.
------------------------------------------------------ IDF and other Special people guarding your lives in Church eh ?? So with IDF and my assumption that you are Israeli i think that you have No RIGHT to be armed . And thats cool for Israel but here in the USA Americans quite often carry guns to protect themselves and others in Church because we have the RIGHT to be armed. Plus who wants to trust a retired Special person with their lives Asher .

I'm in Canada. And they are young people recently out of the IDF. I trust them.
------------------------------------ well GOOD Asher .

What does it say about our faith and trust in God?

And you need to learn what Jesus said if you're going to judge churches and Christians.

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Luke 22:36
I don't see anything that I said as judgmental at all. I was sharing information and asking a question.

Forum List

Back