CDZ Guns for teachers. Some questions

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Nosmo King, Feb 24, 2018.

1. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,231
  2. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,784
    Please cite precisely where you have an absolute right to an AR. You don't have an absolute right to a machine gun. You don't have an absolute right to a rocket propelled grenade launcher. Further, you don't have an absolute right to practice any religion you want. Some religions have the rite of animal sacrifice, but not in America. You don't have an absolute right to say anything you want. Where does it say you have an absolute right to an AR. If other weapons can be restricted, if other rights can be restricted, why not restrict the weapon of choice of mass shooters?

If defending a schoolroom can be adequately done with a handgun, what makes an AR necessary if not as a tool of murderers?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,784
    Don't confuse the use of 'AR' with a specific weapon. In this context (and we all know context is important) 'AR' means Assault Rifle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. JGalt

JGalt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,030
    They learned to be teachers, didn't they?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  5. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,231
    hey look , argue all you like as gun owners fight against you NKing . The AR15 is the 21st century's modern musket and it fills the proper role in the reasoning of Americas Second Amendment . You don't like it , i do , you won't change my mind , i won't change your mind so lets fight and argue NKing .

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  6. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,231
    ----------------------------------- AR means ARMALITE RIFLE because ARMALITE was the original maker of the M16 and then the AR15 . After that other makers started building the AR15 rifle and varients for consumers , I think that thats the story Nosmo .

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  7. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,550
    No ‘rights’ are ‘violated’ when a jurisdiction bans the possession of AR platform rifles.

Indeed, the courts have consistently held that such restrictions are perfectly Constitutional, consistent with the Second Amendment.

The banning of AR platform rifles is a political – not legal – issue until the Supreme Court rules on the constitutionality of such a ban.

And given the current political climate there will be no ban.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,784
    What makes you think that the abilities to become a teacher and the abilities to become a proficient marksman are one in the same?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,977
    The Bill of Rights, Second Amendment. Arms is an all-encompassing term, and shall not be infringed means precisely that.

"Congress shall make no law" applies to the document, you know, not just the first.

I do if I pay Class 3 taxes.

I can. Again, pay the tax.

10 Insane Weapons You Can Legally Own - Mandatory

Yes in America, called slaughterhouses. It's where your Whopper comes from.

What can I not say?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. JGalt

JGalt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,030
    You see, that's where we disagree. I believe the United States Constitution is perfect as written. Whereas you believe it can be bent, twisted badly-quoted, and revised to support anything you want to believe in.

The Second Amendment does not specify what type of weapon we can or cannot own. At the time of it's writing, the predominant weapons to overthrow tyranny were single shot muskets, pistols, and cannons.

But look at the intent and purpose of the second Amendment: It was a safety clause to allow the American people to overthrow their own government, should it become a repressive regime.

Times have changed since then: Our government is armed with not only AR-style rifles, but all sorts of goodies.So are you saying the only things we should be allowed to possess, are single shot black powder muskets and pistols, and antiqued cannons?

There's where you are wrong. Actually as a law-abiding citizen of this country, I do have the constitutionally-protected absolute right to own a machine gun or a a rocket propelled grenade launcher for that matter. As long as they are federally-registered weapons, I pass the necessary criminal background checks, and I pay the $200 tax stamp to the government.

• Winner Winner x 1