CDZ Guns for teachers. Some questions

What weapons will teachers have at school? ...

What weapons will teachers have at school? Guns, of course.

What is the process for training these teachers? Gun training, of course.

Will there be a gun safe in schools? Maybe. Or not.

Will there be a 24 hour, 365 day security guard to guard the guns in schools? No.

Who will certify armed teacher gun competence? Certified Gun Teachers, of course.

Will a teacher be expected to shoot a student? Of course.

What will be the costs of liability to put guns in schools? Same as for any school marksmanship squad or armed security guard, of course.

Will parents be told which teachers and which classrooms are equipped with guns? No, of course.

What becomes of schools where no school staff agrees to ne armed? Who can say?

Will the guns be equipped with sensors allowing only those with fobs or rings to fire them? No, of course.

Who pays for the guns? Likely the carriers, but does it matter?

And finally, if a concealable weapon is mandated, will such weapons be effective against more powerful AR? And if they are deemed adequate against an AR, what then is the virtue of an AR in home defense? After all, if a pistol is good enough to defend school children, why is it not deemed adequate to protect a home?

Why do you ask stupid questions?
----------------------------------------- aw haw , good answers to stupid questions about a common sense problem , i like them . All the question of Nosmo are simply designed to slow or stop a common sense idea that MAY help save lives of widdle kids in Gun Free School Zones because Nosmo and those like him want to continue to have Gun Free School Zones Billy .
These are not stupid questions. Just because you are all in favor of making schools armed, it does not follow that every American will fall in behind you. These are serious questions which demand serious consideration.

The imposition of the gun culture into institutions that parents are legally obliged to send their children to is a grave decision. It should not be made by assuming cinematic outcomes.

And so far, no one has addressed the last question I posed I the OP.

What is the virtue of an AR if a teacher with a pistol can defeat it in a confused shoot out? Why have the AR if a pistol is just as effective for self defense? If pistols satisfy the gun lover I a school shooting, why even have the AR on our streets?

Will there be a 24 hour, 365 day security guard to guard the guns in schools? No.

Who will certify armed teacher gun competence? Certified Gun Teachers, of course.

What will be the costs of liability to put guns in schools? Same as for any school marksmanship squad or armed security guard, of course.

Will parents be told which teachers and which classrooms are equipped with guns? No, of course.

Will the guns be equipped with sensors allowing only those with fobs or rings to fire them? No, of course.

And finally, if a concealable weapon is mandated, will such weapons be effective against more powerful AR? And if they are deemed adequate against an AR, what then is the virtue of an AR in home defense? After all, if a pistol is good enough to defend school children, why is it not deemed adequate to protect a home?

----------------------------------------- aw haw , good answers to stupid questions about a common sense problem , i like them . All the question of Nosmo are simply designed to slow or stop a common sense idea that MAY help save lives of widdle kids in Gun Free School Zones because Nosmo and those like him want to continue to have Gun Free School Zones Billy .
These are not stupid questions. Just because you are all in favor of making schools armed, it does not follow that every American will fall in behind you...

To tell the truth, I don't this is going to be up to "every American" to decide whether we arm teachers or not. Is there going to be a vote on this or something?

These are not stupid questions. Just because you are all in favor of making schools armed, it does not follow that every American will fall in behind you...

To tell the truth, I don't this is going to be up to "every American" to decide whether we arm teachers or not. Is there going to be a vote on this or something?
Let us hope so.

For all the ranting and raving about how faceless bureaucrats in Washington are calling the shots in local communities, there seems to be considered mplete Indifference to that when it comes to guns. You're afraid that your culture is being corrupted by regulations? They no about how imposing the gun culture on those who do not embrace it must feel.

Who is going to pay the lawsuit award for wrongful death when the teacher hits the wrong student by accident, or even kills someone erroneously who he thought was doing the shooting?

And, who is going to pay for the lawsuit award against the school if the teacher turns out to be the psycho killer? And, in connection with that, who is going to pay the school's lawsuit award when some 17 year old muscle bound kid takes the gun away from the teacher and then uses the teacher's gun to go on a killing spree?
--------------------------------------- YOU will pay , same as YOU will be paying the upcoming lawsuits from parents of the massacred students from the school that was just massacred V.S. .

So, you would hold the hired people with guns harmless, and these awards would be paid by taxpayers?

These are not stupid questions.

Eye of the beholder.

Just because you are all in favor of making schools armed

I am not in favor of it, but events demand it.

The imposition of the gun culture into institutions that parents are legally obliged to send their children to is a grave decision. It should not be made by assuming cinematic outcomes.

What was the recent event if not cinematic?

It is not a question of virtue. Comparative necessity is not the deciding factor in a constitutional right, but desire. I choose.

Who is going to pay the lawsuit award for wrongful death when the teacher hits the wrong student by accident, or even kills someone erroneously who he thought was doing the shooting?

And, who is going to pay for the lawsuit award against the school if the teacher turns out to be the psycho killer? And, in connection with that, who is going to pay the school's lawsuit award when some 17 year old muscle bound kid takes the gun away from the teacher and then uses the teacher's gun to go on a killing spree?
-------------------------------------------------- seems to me that muscle bound violent kids with no respect for teachers and rules are going to have to be KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL V.S..

...and I am sure that they will do just that, as soon as he runs out of ammo.

--------------------------------------- YOU will pay , same as YOU will be paying the upcoming lawsuits from parents of the massacred students from the school that was just massacred V.S. .

So, you would hold the hired people with guns harmless, and these awards would be paid by taxpayers?

So, my best guess is that a job like this will be filled by about the same level of employee who works the x-ray machine for Homeland Security at the airport. Does that give you a sense of security?

SURE , taxpayers will pay for this latest massacre in the Gun Free zone . Then again , with authorized and armed and trained teachers trying the best they can to protect my and the other kids maybe that will be taken into account by suehappy pwicks and the law V.S..

So, my best guess is that a job like this will be filled by about the same level of employee who works the x-ray machine for Homeland Security at the airport. Does that give you a sense of security?
----------------------------------- FEEL secure is funny [chuckle] . Anyway , sounds like you think that the teachers are 'sub par' and that they suck V.S..

----------------------------------- FEEL secure is funny [chuckle] . Anyway , sounds like you think that the teachers are 'sub par' and that they suck V.S..
it does seem that way

Eye of the beholder.

It is not a question of virtue. Comparative necessity is not the deciding factor in a constitutional right, but desire. I choose.
Recent events demand a lot of action no, but arming teachers is one acting n demanding extreme examination. It must not be enacted by default, or lack of imagination.

Arming teachers assume the arise of the cinematic hero, the hero gunslinger. Dirty Harriet. Reality suggests a teacher desperately trying to calm two dozen children down, sheltering them, dealing with her own fears and then engaging in a fire fight with a guy holding an AR.

The real question is: why have that AR in the first place? If it can be, as proffered by the gun lovers, defeated with a concealed handgun, what is the virtue, what makes it good as a weapon of self defense? Can't we say that such weapons are used in an attack more effectively than in defense? Why the need for an attack weapon?

Let us hope so.

For all the ranting and raving about how faceless bureaucrats in Washington are calling the shots in local communities, there seems to be considered mplete Indifference to that when it comes to guns. You're afraid that your culture is being corrupted by regulations? They no about how imposing the gun culture on those who do not embrace it must feel.

Faceless bureaucrats are no longer calling the shots in Washington. We actually have a President who is doing things and changing things for the better. President Donald J. Trump will be taking some actions to help solve the problem, by way of executive action. Even so, the Congress is such a screwed up mess right now, that the chances of any real legislation being passed, are slim.

The subject of gun ownership is a Second Amendment constitutional issue, and that's why Obama couldn't do one single thing about it. There should be no compromise for law-abiding citizens to give up "some" of their own personal properties, just because they fit into a certain category. Similarly you cannot force people to give up their televisions, radios, and internet because at the time of the writing of the First Amendment, the only means of free speech were hand-operated printing presses.

The government also cannot be all things to all people. They give us the constitutional rights to protect ourselves but ultimately, we must be accountable for our own safety. Even law-enforcement has no "duty to protect", as this was previously determined in the Supreme Court.

Eye of the beholder.

Recent events demand a lot of action no, but arming teachers is one acting n demanding extreme examination. It must not be enacted by default, or lack of imagination.

Arming teachers assume the arise of the cinematic hero, the hero gunslinger. Dirty Harriet. Reality suggests a teacher desperately trying to calm two dozen children down, sheltering them, dealing with her own fears and then engaging in a fire fight with a guy holding an AR.

The real question is: why have that AR in the first place? If it can be, as proffered by the gun lovers, defeated with a concealed handgun, what is the virtue, what makes it good as a weapon of self defense? Can't we say that such weapons are used in an attack more effectively than in defense? Why the need for an attack weapon?
----------------------------------------------------- there it is , get rid of the AR . I prefer RIGHTS being kept intact NKing .

Well, it has been a long time since I was in school, but one was so blind that he stumbled over a hat and coat rack, tipped his hat, and apologized. Another had a total nervous breakdown in class, left the room in tears, and never returned. Another turned out to be a secret pedophile. Then, there was the guy that was an addict, and beat his wife until he was arrested, and fired. So, I don't really hold high school teachers as being police officer material.

aw haw haw , so you haven't heard about the hiding police that were hiding rather than going after the sound and cause of the gunfire at that massacred school eh V.S..

Eye of the beholder.

Arming teachers assume the arise of the cinematic hero, the hero gunslinger. Dirty Harriet.

Who told you that?

Reality suggests a teacher desperately trying to calm two dozen children down, sheltering them, dealing with her own fears and then engaging in a fire fight with a guy holding an AR.

Do you own a firearm?

As I said, desire. Example: "I am a law abiding citizen, and I want one. Since they do not differ ballistically from any similar weapon, why should there be any specific restriction?"

Now personally, I don't feel I need one. But if you all keep whining about them, I may just buy one out spite.

Eye of the beholder.

----------------------------------------------------- there it is , get rid of the AR . I prefer RIGHTS being kept intact NKing .

So what do you do when the government wants to ban motorcycles? Motorcycles are just one type of vehicle but they won't be missed because we still have cars, trucks, and bicycles.

There are also many other types of semi-auto rifles with high-capacity magazines. 20 or 30 of them that I can think of off the top of my head. Any one of them could easily done as much damage as the Florida school shooter's AR.

“What weapons will teachers have at school?”

One would assume semi-automatic handguns (pistols), presumably in 9 x 19mm.

But it requires a great deal of training, practice, and experience to become even moderately proficient with a pistol. Learning the proper grip, managing recoil and the reciprocating slide is not something that can be mastered with one training session and a day at the range; indeed, becoming truly proficient can take years.

Hence the idiocy of arming teachers.

Forum List

Back